HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Emerson Etem

Old
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Emerson Etem

If, for some reason, Emerson Etem was on the Ducks' trading block, what would he fetch?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Prospects won't fetch much on their own.

He would be used in a package to try and acquire a 1st pairing 2-way dman.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

We would be asking for a lot more than anyone would be willing to offer.

He's a great prospect, I can't see us needing to part ways with him now.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Unholy

I doubt Murray has any intention of trading him, but for the right guy he could be packaged.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

MacArthur + 39th overall + D'amigo for Etem + Smith-Pelley

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Awful.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Etem only leaves as part of a package to address one of the Ducks needs (2nd line center or top 4 defenseman). Keep in mind that the player coming back would have to be better then what's available on the FA market.

He won't be dealt straight up because he's worth more then a 1st rounder to the Ducks.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Do you always make such horrid proposals that are in favor of the Leafs?

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Do you always make such horrid proposals that are in favor of the Leafs?
This is what they do, and how they do it... Only thing is, sometimes you can't blame them. Given the media in Toronto and the amount of overrating that goes on about their players.. How weak last and this years draft are.. Perfect example of people buying into Toronto media hype.. no draft picks? K umm let's tell everybody the draft is full of garbage..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
You can't be serious.

Old
05-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Prospects won't fetch much on their own.

He would be used in a package to try and acquire a 1st pairing 2-way dman.
What package containing Etem would bring Subban or Karlsson to the Ducks? I think Karlsson is a better penalty killer than Fowler. Subban and Karlsson are both #1s on their respective teams.

Old
05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

I love how leafs fans are getting bashed about overrating. Etem has not proved anything. MacArthur is much more valuable then etem as he is a proven nhler producing 60 points, and etem is at best a second liner. Plus we throw in an excellent 2nd that is much earlier then the pick that was used on smith Pelley, and we throw in a good prospect in d'amigo yet the leafs are shafting anaheim. Well all I can say is that there must not be very many ppl in california that play or know anything about hockey.
But I guess when your only top prospect is etem then I guess there isn't much else to be excited about.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Jury is still out on Etem...

Old
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
The Instigator
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
His value is very high. But not as a single piece.

Also, they won't move him for anything short of a dire need. He played phenomenally in the dubs this year.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I love how leafs fans are getting bashed about overrating. Etem has not proved anything. MacArthur is much more valuable then etem as he is a proven nhler producing 60 points, and etem is at best a second liner. Plus we throw in an excellent 2nd that is much earlier then the pick that was used on smith Pelley, and we throw in a good prospect in d'amigo yet the leafs are shafting anaheim. Well all I can say is that there must not be very many ppl in california that play or know anything about hockey.
But I guess when your only top prospect is etem then I guess there isn't much else to be excited about.
Oh no someone's feelings are hurt... Because the 2nd that you great knowledgable saviors of us poor stupid people is where DSP was picked around it's obviously equal right? How bout NO!

MacArthur is the only part of that package that could work fine but he has had ONE good season. And you're throwing in d'amigo who is not as good as EITHER of the other prospects listed here.

Sorry if this post didn't make any sense... Following hockey in California is impossible because of absolutely no reason at all.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Etem has not proved anything.
Not many prospects have proven much a year after they were drafted.

Quote:
MacArthur is much more valuable then etem as he is a proven nhler producing 60 points,
A proven NHLer, sure. Produced a number close to 60 once.

Quote:
and etem is at best a second liner.
Good to know.

Quote:
Plus we throw in an excellent 2nd that is much earlier then the pick that was used on smith Pelley,
Yes, that 39th pick is much earlier than the 42nd pick used on DSP, who has developed extremely well. And that's ignoring the alleged weaker depth of this draft. So by all means, keep the pick, we'll be happy to keep DSP.

Quote:
Well all I can say is that there must not be very many ppl in california that play or know anything about hockey.

Seriously? For once in a long time, the Leafs have a few prospects worth anything, and that's what things are turning into? I feel bad for the many decent Leafs fans I've enjoyed talking to around here that have to put up with these types of posts giving their fanbase a bad name. Unreal.

Have fun with Kadri, Colborne and Gardiner. I honestly hope they'll be fine. But you are not going to get any envy from Ducks fans just yet.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

My only point is, is that coherent fanbases rush to accusing leaf fans of overrating players just because of being a leaf fan. Anaheim is googly eyed over etem because he is a california kid not because he's a good player.

Etem has value, but to anaheim as their forward depth is not very good outside of the big top four.

I live in mississauga and watch DSP and if I were a ducks fan id be more excite about him then etem

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Do Winnipeg have anything that the Ducks may want?

Old
05-31-2011, 09:02 PM
JohnnyDuck93

etem and a 2nd for bogo

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:09 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
You can't be serious.
Phion Keneuf makes the worst proposals I, and everyone else, have ever seen and the sad part is, he is serious about ALL of them. He gets fellow Leafs fans pissed at him now. That is how bad it has gotten.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
I love how leafs fans are getting bashed about overrating. Etem has not proved anything. MacArthur is much more valuable then etem as he is a proven nhler producing 60 points, and etem is at best a second liner.
Unless you can see into the future, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet.

Quote:
Plus we throw in an excellent 2nd that is much earlier then the pick that was used on smith Pelley, and we throw in a good prospect in d'amigo yet the leafs are shafting anaheim.
Just because the pick is higher doesn't mean the player taken with that pick is going to be better. Using that logic, Stefan is better than the Sedins.

Quote:
Well all I can say is that there must not be very many ppl in california that play or know anything about hockey.
Ignorance at it's finest. You say we know nothing about hockey, yet you've apparently forgotten about our prospect pool. Etem, DSP, Vatanen, Holland, Palmieri, Schultz...

Quote:
My only point is, is that coherent fanbases rush to accusing leaf fans of overrating players just because of being a leaf fan. Anaheim is googly eyed over etem because he is a california kid not because he's a good player.
So essentially you're saying Etem isn't/never will be a good player? You can't really say that, seeing as we've never seen him in NHL action.

And no, it's not because we're targeting Leafs fans. The person who made the bad proposal just happened to be a Leaf fan. Every team has people that make bad proposals on here.

Quote:
I live in mississauga and watch DSP and if I were a ducks fan id be more excite about him then etem
Even though Etem is our only prospect to get excited about?

Old
05-31-2011, 09:13 PM
wesott11

Quote:

Etem has value, but to anaheim as their forward depth is not very good outside of the big top four.

Maybe because he fell pretty far in the draft to us and exceeded our expectations this season?

Obviously he's still a prospect that has a much bust potential as anyone but I wasn't excited to get him because his howmtown is 10 miles away from me, it's because he's a great player and could fit in very well with what Murray is trying to build.

And also, if you knew how great DSP is, why value him to a 2nd round pick? Not trying to offend just finding the thoughts.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Leafssss

Would Anaheim be interested in Etem + for Schenn? A Schenn - Fowler pairing down the road would e amazing.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyduck93 View Post
etem and a 2nd for bogo
Sold!

Old
05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
Would Anaheim be interested in Etem + for Schenn? A Schenn - Fowler pairing down the road would e amazing.
interested.

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote