HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 way deal - PHI/WIN/CBJ

Old
05-31-2011, 04:44 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
3 way deal - PHI/WIN/CBJ

Philadelphia receives:
Voracek
Columbus 1st
Arturs Kulda/Carl Klingberg

Winnipeg receives:
Jeff Carter
David Savard

Columbus receives:
Zach Bogosian
Winnipeg 1st
Ivan Telegin

I don't do THAT many trades on here, so bare with me. Let me know what you think.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Xoggz22

Most of us Columbus fans shudder at the thought of seeing Savard's name in a trade proposal but I can't know this one too much. Savard is considered the top D prospect in Columbus after a very good 1st pro season in the AHL. Savard, Moore and Goulobef all appeared to have some level of positive results this year but Savard appeared to take hold of the top D prospect after mid-year.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Guest123

I don't think CLB likes this deal.

Good value for Carter though.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
TSA0402

I think this is a really interesting proposal. Not sure if Atlanta/Winnipeg would like it though.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Columbus gives up too much in my opinion and Philadelphia doesn't give up enough.

Voracek + 8th overall > Bogosian
Savard > Winnipeg's 1st in a weak draft.

Telegin is meh.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Columbus gives up too much in my opinion and Philadelphia doesn't give up enough.

Telegin is meh.
Sorry, but that is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Anyone of Murphy, Strome, Siemens, Hamilton, Zibanejad, Armia, etc. is better than Savard (ESPECIALLY the defense at that spot).

And this year is not a weak draft.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
You're having us give up our current best right winger and our best D prospect, and in return we trade up one largely meaningless spot in the draft and pick up a prospect depth winger (last thing we need) and the second coming of Rostislav Klesla.

This is a brazen insult, and your poor attempts to defend it by downplaying what we already have make it even more ugly.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Viqsi: 05-31-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: chop out initial reaction.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
You're having us give up our current best right winger and our best D prospect, and in return we trade up one largely meaningless spot in the draft and pick up a prospect depth winger (last thing we need) and the second coming of Rostislav Klesla.

This is a brazen insult, and your poor attempts to defend it by downplaying what we already have make it even more ugly.
Seriously dude, tell us what you really think....

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:48 PM
broc

Because winnipeg is in a position to trade high picks and their top prospect, right?

How does this make sense for Winnipeg? They are in the middle of a rebuild, they're not trading prospects and high 1st rounders for a huge contract like Carter. Carter doesn't even put this team in the playoffs...

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Seriously dude, tell us what you really think....
The initial reaction I edited out was "Go to hell. Go directly to hell. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200."

It's been a while since I've seen a truly awful screw-the-little-guy trade that treats us like this, and especially given the events of the day so far I've not really been in a happy mood. So, yeah. Today you get to see Evil Vindictive B*tch Viqsi, as Shiny Happy Reasonable Viqsi has been tied up and thrown in the basement for a little while.

Old
05-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Jumping

Quote:
The initial reaction I edited out was "Go to hell. Go directly to hell. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200."

It's been a while since I've seen a truly awful screw-the-little-guy trade that treats us like this, and especially given the events of the day so far I've not really been in a happy mood. So, yeah. Today you get to see Evil Vindictive B*tch Viqsi, as Shiny Happy Reasonable Viqsi has been tied up and thrown in the basement for a little while.
You should become a Flyers fan. We are always looking for fans like you.

Go to the Flyers board, we are recruiting.

To bad that Don Waddell isn't having to explain the last decade to Thrashers fans.
Gary Bettman seems to think fans have no choice. If you have a home team you need to follow them whatever. The Flyers aren't always practicing good management but they do try to win.

So do the fans, hence we would love to pick off value for nothing.

It's the American way.

P.S. if you like to support hockey in the south, the Flyers play in South Philly and practice in South Jersey.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
You should become a Flyers fan. We are always looking for fans like you.

Go to the Flyers board, we are recruiting.

To bad that Don Waddell isn't having to explain the last decade to Thrashers fans.
Gary Bettman seems to think fans have no choice. If you have a home team you need to follow them whatever. The Flyers aren't always practicing good management but they do try to win.

So do the fans, hence we would love to pick off value for nothing.

It's the American way.

P.S. if you like to support hockey in the south, the Flyers play in South Philly and practice in South Jersey.
Sorry, Jackets fan first and Preds fan second, so I'm not heading anywhere. But I'll take that as a compliment all the same.

Old
05-31-2011, 10:10 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post

Telegin is meh.
Yea seriously.... I know you don't like this deal for some reason. But no way in hell Savard is better than that pick.

I don't think this deal is half as bad as the reactions it is getting. Good job OP. In fact, I think I've seen five Columbus or Atlanta proposals today that were worse than this.

Old
05-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Philadelphia receives:
Voracek
Columbus 1st
Arturs Kulda/Carl Klingberg

Winnipeg receives:
Jeff Carter
David Savard

Columbus receives:
Zach Bogosian
Winnipeg 1st
Ivan Telegin

I don't do THAT many trades on here, so bare with me. Let me know what you think.
Columbus doesn't regard Bogosian anywhere near as highly as everyone else does, which basically would serve to torpedo the entire deal. Anything other components, like Voracek for the Atlanta 1st (7th overall), would unbalance the rest of it.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Yea seriously.... I know you don't like this deal for some reason. But no way in hell Savard is better than that pick.

I don't think this deal is half as bad as the reactions it is getting. Good job OP. In fact, I think I've seen five Columbus or Atlanta proposals today that were worse than this.
I'd put them about equal, myself. But I want no part of Bogosian, and I certainly have no desire to overpay for him. The more I see of him, the less I like.

Old
05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
I'd put them about equal, myself. But I want no part of Bogosian, and I certainly have no desire to overpay for him. The more I see of him, the less I like.
Hmmm... well... I guess I'll have to agree to disagree. I do appreciate the explanation as I honestly had no idea where the valuations were getting so mixed up.

I haven't heard much of David Savard, but I do hope he becomes this defenseman for the Jackets that CBJ fans are confident about, because they are gonna need him.