HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread II

Old
05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Mine too!

My quotes came from nd who will no longer be able to be interviewed openly since he is a signed member of the Kings he will now have to follow team rules and use their publicist. He is a great kid, I mean a great kid and gonna be a fan favorite imo.

This signing is the best of this offseason so far and we have had a couple of good ones already.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:59 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Congratulations to Nick Deslauriers for his first pro contract! What an unbelievable year he had! It was just amazing to see him play every week! There is no doubt in my mind he'll one day play in the NHL, on a PP 1st unit.

BTW, I hope this new contract will help him to repay the board he destroyed earlier this year! ^^

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Kitsyn's been good so far, he's creating a lot of chances and he hit one post. Commentators were saying how he already has the passing and shooting ability of an NHL player.

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

He is doing a great job so far.

He is still playing a big mans game and that is a good thing for him. I think he will get a goal tonight.

Old
05-29-2011, 10:02 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Kitsyn looks great, Its all Majors in the third period. Jurco looks like a threat in this game. Depres is great
Huberdeau
3-1
Mud dogs win

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Kitsyn had a great post season and has come a long way since the start of the year.

Great young kid and very talented player.

Old
05-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Kistyn looked really good in that game, I was pretty impressed. There were a couple of times where he just took over, and I really thought he was going to score that time he muscled to the slot and rang it off the post. Good stuff, he has the ability, just needs to put it altogether.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:00 PM
HeadInjury

With Nick Deslauriers signed, that's 8 players from the 2009 draft now signed. That has to be some kind of record.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
With Nick Deslauriers signed, that's 8 players from the 2009 draft now signed. That has to be some kind of record.
Good catch. I forgot about Kolomatis and Nolan.

EDIT: They also signed 7 from '08 and 6 from '07.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 05-30-2011 at 06:24 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
McSorley 33

Okay, I'm waiting for the excellent ND write up by Tonellghost now that Nick was signed...

Your writeups are awesome sir...

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

My Pleasure and I have allot to learn but each time I try I get a tiny bit better.

Its nice to see that Hammond has finally posted the signing.

I have something about ready, waiting for final comments.

Old
06-01-2011, 01:04 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Boy, I just realized how bare the CHL will be for Kings prospects next season. Basically Weal, Toffoli and maybe a couple guys in this draft.

Old
06-01-2011, 01:20 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Boy, I just realized how bare the CHL will be for Kings prospects next season. Basically Weal, Toffoli and maybe a couple guys in this draft.
Knowing the Kings Schenn will be sent back to play his overage season because he's not ready for the NHL and needs to work on his defensive game

Old
06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Reading some of Tyler Toffoli's tweets, sure sounds like he is working his ass off.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Will be interesting to see if Kitsyn goes back to the KHL to honor the rest of his contract or stay in Miss for 1 more season then go back to the KHL . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 09:03 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Reading some of Tyler Toffoli's tweets, sure sounds like he is working his ass off.
I could see him getting the 9 game tryout if he's lights out. Nobody expected Simmonds and Moller to stick with the team out of camp a few seasons ago so who knows.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I could see Kitsyn making the team this year but no matter how it happened in my opinion in would be rushing him. He has a ton of talent and plays a nice physical game but to me it seems that if we rush him we will end up with a Poniboy and if we just take our time we might just have a very special player.

9 games might be a fun thing to watch as long as we sent him down afterwards. I agree though, if he plays lights out it might just change everything.

Same could be said about Toffoli. As much time as I spent this past season watching him I am certain that if he came up and was just shoved right into Smyth's spot that he would pot 22 without too much trouble but I am hoping that no matter how well he does in camp that we don't give him the chance. He is still a year away to me.

It isn't that when he is on his game that he isn't a lights out player its just an issue of confidence and consistency. Both of those things come in time with some talented young players. I want Toffi to be here when he starts byatching about not getting his shot. He needs to be chomping at the bit and a little pissed before I want to give him his shot. Having talked with him a bunch and knowing his coaches I am hoping that we don't see Toffi for one more season at least.

Vey is ready right now if we want another solid two way center but not if we want him to bring his A scoring game with him. He is another year away imo too but when these kids step in they are going to be the kind of talent that we all have been whining about, me included.

We could see Penner Smyth and Stoll leave to be replaced with Toffoli Kozun Vey and Kitsyn and if they were all ready at once I would call us the second most talented team in the league when that happened.

Meh, we will see.

Old
06-04-2011, 12:16 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Can Tyler T. and Kozun play the left side in the NHL?

Old
06-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Can Tyler T. and Kozun play the left side in the NHL?
I was wondering the same. I don't like the idea with experimenting on the left side with Brown or Simmonds anymore. The right side is locked down for likely a very long time. Williams, Brown, and Simmonds will be the order probably for the next three seasons at least, the only possible exception being if Simmonds ends up getting packaged for a heavy talent, especially given his step back this season.

If they go for the right side, it is like the youngster defensemen trying to break into the lineup... There are just too many veterans to try to get around, they have no chance.

Old
06-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I was wondering the same. I don't like the idea with experimenting on the left side with Brown or Simmonds anymore. The right side is locked down for likely a very long time. Williams, Brown, and Simmonds will be the order probably for the next three seasons at least, the only possible exception being if Simmonds ends up getting packaged for a heavy talent, especially given his step back this season.

If they go for the right side, it is like the youngster defensemen trying to break into the lineup... There are just too many veterans to try to get around, they have no chance.
This is exactly what you want in an organization. You can't have every prospect make the team before their ELC expires. You want them to spend 6+ years after they are drafted away from the NHL.

Nothing wrong with breaking in your next generation of players on the 4th line. No reason to move an established NHL player just because you have a 20-24 year old playing well in the AHL.

There will always be injuries to give players a chance at a top 6/top 4 role.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
This is exactly what you want in an organization. You can't have every prospect make the team before their ELC expires. You want them to spend 6+ years after they are drafted away from the NHL.

Nothing wrong with breaking in your next generation of players on the 4th line. No reason to move an established NHL player just because you have a 20-24 year old playing well in the AHL.

There will always be injuries to give players a chance at a top 6/top 4 role.
I certainly don't disagree with you, and am not complaining. It is just that everyone down the right side other than maybe Williams, but he still has a good while left in him, are going to last for much longer, so these guys need to adapt to our needs on the left, and not everyone can do that. The best thing about it though is it keeps the right on their toes knowing there is quality youngsters behind them. Simmonds can't afford to take another step back or he'll fall off the edge.

Old
06-04-2011, 12:10 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have watched Kozun during 3 times in his development where he spent more than a few games on the left side and to me it isn't that he can't do it and be successful, its that he loses a bit of his offencive edge and at times will fall back on his physical game which takes him out of position. He can do it and be effective but we would have to allow for the fact that were going to see a bit of a different game from him.

I would say the same for Vey with the exception that he is a natural center. Vey is the player that imo will either be the odd man out or force a deal where one of our other centers will be moved. A scenario that I like to imagine is that next season when Stoll is up for his next contract that we will have room to bring Vey up.

Vey comes up and everyone one moves up a spot behind Kopitar. Schenn takes the second, Lewis owns the 3rd and LV owns the 4rth. One of the problems with that line of thinking is that it takes out the chance for Holloway to make the team as a center and sort of stifles Vey's natural offencive instincts.

Can Bud play wing at the NHL level? Absolutely but then there is another can of worms opened. We are finally seeing where the gathering of highly talented kids bring the luxurious problems of having too many talented players for each position.

Toffoli/Kopitar/Williams (when healthy or replaced by Brown) is one to one and half seasons away from being a viable option.

Cliffy/Lewis/Simmonds is already successful (with room to move others into the RW spot if needed) and was really fun to watch once they gelled.

Kitsyn/Schenn/Brown would be a monster line with silly speed size and skill to go along with solid two way play and scoring ability. You could swap Loktionov with Kitsyn for more skill if needed and if you did would only be adding a strength to the next line.

Loktionov/Vey/Kozun would be a disturbingly talented line with three players who are all capable of playing center or wing and all have both scoring ability and can play a two way game.

Not to mention Richie etc.

Our defence is so overloaded that in my opinion we are about to enter a time that I almost cannot comprehend after being a Kings fan for 38 yrs and that is one were we have to start dealing away our gifted kids or talented vets.

With

DD/JJ/Amart already established and on the team we have two of the best young PMD/dmen in the entire league and one solid young developing player to boot. But behind them we have VV who has taken the next step imo and is ready to start playing some NHL minutes this coming year. By next year at the latest he will be able to have establish himself in the same manner that Amart did with the exception of VV having considerably better offencive skill.

Right behind him is the solid steady player with a nice amount of edge in Muzzin who has shown that he can play in the NHL but still needed time down on the farm to develop confidence in his game. Is he there yet? I think that he is right where VV is and that is that he would be an ideal candidate for our #7 spot or be our first call up if we have need due to injuries etc.

Thomas Hickey should be given a spot this season so that he can start playing for the team or that he can be showcased to be moved (if not simply moved) because he too is ready to start playing some NHL minutes. Another year down on the farm isn't going to hurt or help him would be my position and I for one think that he will step up to the challenge of playing in the NHL and do so very well. I think that he could be as good as A Mart with the potential for being significantly better.

With Forbort being two to three years away imo the next kid who could be ready in 2 years is Deslauriers (though gosh help me I want to see him playing in a Kings uniform right this minute and will be disappointed until that day comes) who I think might just become Captain with a couple of years after he makes it to the show.

My point isn't that this should all happen at once or that I hope that it does, my point is that we are standing on the edge of being able to call up some ridiculous talent, speed and skill to replace our adequately talented players in some of our positions.

Next season I look for Kozun/Schenn/Loktionov and possibly Holloway to make the jump with Kitsyn and Toffi being dark horses (and I mean very dark).

On the blue line you have to wait for camp to see which of the big 3 earns the spot but VV would be my front runner.

We have an embarrassment of riches and it is going to be fun watching how they impact the team.

Old
06-04-2011, 12:53 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

So I take it Toffoli IS a viable option on the LW?

Old
06-04-2011, 08:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Yes, he is

Old
06-05-2011, 03:59 PM
SuperAlmeida

Will Deslauriers play in the AHL next season?

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote