HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta Fan Dispersal Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2011, 10:12 PM
  #26
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
He has a lifetime membership to the Flyers board.

And one day, just maybe, he'll explain what the hell he was talking about in his post. Or he keeps it under wraps like most legends.
LSD.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
  #27
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payinthedues View Post
Screw the draft, I'm just defecting over here! If nobody takes that avatar, I will.
With all due respect; I just don't understand how you can give your heart and soul to a team of players... and then when they are jerked out from under you you look for another team... another group of players to follow.

Seems to me the natural process would be to follow the players you followed... Why aren't you now a Winnipeg Jets/Moose fan?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging and would be happy for you to see the light and come on over to the good guys... I'm just curious.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
  #28
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
With all due respect; I just don't understand how you can give your heart and soul to a team of players... and then when they are jerked out from under you you look for another team... another group of players to follow.

Seems to me the natural process would be to follow the players you followed... Why aren't you now a Winnipeg Jets/Moose fan?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging and would be happy for you to see the light and come on over to the good guys... I'm just curious.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:32 PM
  #29
Payinthedues
Registered User
 
Payinthedues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dirty South.
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
With all due respect; I just don't understand how you can give your heart and soul to a team of players... and then when they are jerked out from under you you look for another team... another group of players to follow.

Seems to me the natural process would be to follow the players you followed... Why aren't you now a Winnipeg Jets/Moose fan?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging and would be happy for you to see the light and come on over to the good guys... I'm just curious.
For me it's a little different, I have been a Flyers fan since 81 when I lived in the area. After moving to Atlanta in 87 I still followed the flyers til 98 when Atlanta was given the franchise then I took the Thrashers as #1. I have attended roughly 30 home games a year since

As for any "natural process".......how would you feel if the Flyers got moved (almost overnight) to Jackson Mississippi? I assure you that you'd be a bit pissed. I am still friends with many of the staff and players but I cannot support the team.

Payinthedues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:32 PM
  #30
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,352
vCash: 50
There are some fans who stuck with teams after they moved, but I'm sure it's a really sour feeling. Luckily, Philadelphians will never see a day like Atlanta has had today.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:00 PM
  #31
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Look, having draft picks is great and all to pad some of the more popular threads, but we all know we're in "win now" mode when it comes to main board GDTs, especially when there's a questionable Flyer hit. We need to package some of these picks and a couple of newer posters here -- I mean, besides me -- to land someone with 5,000 posts minimum. Someone who can be a presence on multiple threads, can take care when attacks are coming from all over, can quote that one line when the thread is on the line.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
  #32
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Look, having draft picks is great and all to pad some of the more popular threads, but we all know we're in "win now" mode when it comes to main board GDTs, especially when there's a questionable Flyer hit. We need to package some of these picks and a couple of newer posters here -- I mean, besides me -- to land someone with 5,000 posts minimum. Someone who can be a presence on multiple threads, can take care when attacks are coming from all over, can quote that one line when the thread is on the line.
I mean, that one guy above you has over 80,000 posts, so...


We also have MS****ingE. Youth could be a good thing for this board.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
  #33
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
We also have MS****ingE. Youth could be a good thing for this board.
Yep - we have a perennial superstar and a first balloter HoF candidate.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:12 PM
  #34
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep - we have a perennial superstar and a first balloter HoF candidate.
Granted, CharlieGirl. I'm worried about his typing fingers, though. And is MSE really leading around here, or is he post-padding with cut-and-pastes? I know it's the off-season, but if he really cared about this board, he'd be using it to pull up new stats, new anecdotes.

I don't think MSE was posting stock images of wine after every win ... if you know what I mean.

I heard it from a source who knows a few of the moderators that MSE has used an auto-post function on a few occasions down the stretch and was even posting with a dial-up account. Now some people would call it courageous that he kept posting without high-speed access, but did it serve this community for the best that he didn't just shut down and invest in improving his service?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
  #35
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Granted, CharlieGirl. I'm worried about his typing fingers, though. And is MSE really leading around here, or is he post-padding with cut-and-pastes? I know it's the off-season, but if he really cared about this board, he'd be using it to pull up new stats, new anecdotes.
I have a feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to MSE's anecdotes! Wait til he really gets on a roll!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
  #36
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,749
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep - we have a perennial superstar and a first balloter HoF candidate.
Fittingly, as a continuum with the topic of Atlanta, as Sherman said "I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected." But I bet the after-parties must be a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Granted, CharlieGirl. I'm worried about his typing fingers, though. And is MSE really leading around here, or is he post-padding with cut-and-pastes? I know it's the off-season, but if he really cared about this board, he'd be using it to pull up new stats, new anecdotes.

I don't think MSE was posting stock images of wine after every win ... if you know what I mean.

I heard it from a source who knows a few of the moderators that MSE has used an auto-post function on a few occasions down the stretch and was even posting with a dial-up account. Now some people would call it courageous that he kept posting without high-speed access, but did it serve this community for the best that he didn't just shut down and invest in improving his service?
Remember what Sollozzo told Michael in GF1 "You think too much of me kid." Then Michael went to the bathroom, found the hidden gun, and then two in the hat and no more Sollozzo.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
  #37
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Granted, CharlieGirl. I'm worried about his typing fingers, though. And is MSE really leading around here, or is he post-padding with cut-and-pastes? I know it's the off-season, but if he really cared about this board, he'd be using it to pull up new stats, new anecdotes.

I don't think MSE was posting stock images of wine after every win ... if you know what I mean.

I heard it from a source who knows a few of the moderators that MSE has used an auto-post function on a few occasions down the stretch and was even posting with a dial-up account. Now some people would call it courageous that he kept posting without high-speed access, but did it serve this community for the best that he didn't just shut down and invest in improving his service?
These allegations are lies and speculation, and I am MORE than ready to tweet about it if I need to.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:44 PM
  #38
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,980
vCash: 500
^^

Case = Rested.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
  #39
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
These allegations are lies and speculation, and I am MORE than ready to tweet about it if I need to.
Thanks a lot, "source".

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
  #40
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Granted, CharlieGirl. I'm worried about his typing fingers, though. And is MSE really leading around here, or is he post-padding with cut-and-pastes? I know it's the off-season, but if he really cared about this board, he'd be using it to pull up new stats, new anecdotes.

I don't think MSE was posting stock images of wine after every win ... if you know what I mean.

I heard it from a source who knows a few of the moderators that MSE has used an auto-post function on a few occasions down the stretch and was even posting with a dial-up account. Now some people would call it courageous that he kept posting without high-speed access, but did it serve this community for the best that he didn't just shut down and invest in improving his service?
Oh, the legend of MSE, it's pretty funny to read that people think he is a robot.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:05 AM
  #41
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Remember what Sollozzo told Michael in GF1 "You think too much of me kid." Then Michael went to the bathroom, found the hidden gun, and then two in the hat and no more Sollozzo.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
  #42
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Thanks a lot, "source".
Next time you'll know to verify the info before you pay me.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:17 AM
  #43
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Next time you'll know to verify the info before you pay me.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:19 AM
  #44
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Was just curious as I stated... so sue me.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:34 AM
  #45
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I'm gonna throw a preemptive veto out there just in case anyone decides to draft AintLifeGrand.

That's all.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:04 AM
  #46
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payinthedues View Post
For me it's a little different, I have been a Flyers fan since 81 when I lived in the area. After moving to Atlanta in 87 I still followed the flyers til 98 when Atlanta was given the franchise then I took the Thrashers as #1. I have attended roughly 30 home games a year since

As for any "natural process".......how would you feel if the Flyers got moved (almost overnight) to Jackson Mississippi? I assure you that you'd be a bit pissed. I am still friends with many of the staff and players but I cannot support the team.
Ahhh, I got ya... coming back to your roots.

I wasn't aware and was really asking those Thrashers fans who were looking for a new number one team... I see being pissed when an organization leaves you high and dry, but IMO the anger shouldn't be directed at the players or team bu rather the people who sold you out by allowing the team to be moved -- inexcusable in almost all circumstances IMO -- I can understand distaste for people who would take a city's team away and give it to heir city though... and I suppose I could understand not wanting to support those people and their relocated team, but I'd just have a problem with cutting ties with the players and basic team itself.

Again, not judging, mere curiosity... I wish the thrashers fans the best no matter where they end up. As a kid I was upset when the Warriors left Philly... I was way too young to remember the Athletics move to KC... but with the Warriors I do remember concern, although I was too young to really delve deep into it. When Brahman (sp?) almost got away with a Midnight Eagles move to Arizona it really never sunk in since it was thwarted. I guess I would pray for quick replacement... but I would find it hard to cut loose ties to the current Flyers roster, no matter how pissed I would be at the people responsible -- never Snider, certainly never Snider.

Thanks for the response.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:38 AM
  #47
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,486
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
He has a lifetime membership to the Flyers board.

And one day, just maybe, he'll explain what the hell he was talking about in his post. Or he keeps it under wraps like most legends.
didnt he have a falling out on this board a couple years back? I seem to remember a ugly spat(dont remember all the details) he quit posting here and didnt come back to the Flyers board. Not sure if any fences were mended since then.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:08 AM
  #48
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,001
vCash: 500
Can they draft Tom Glavine... oh wait he already was.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:06 AM
  #49
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,352
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
didnt he have a falling out on this board a couple years back? I seem to remember a ugly spat(dont remember all the details) he quit posting here and didnt come back to the Flyers board. Not sure if any fences were mended since then.
Yes. He hates everything Philadelphia. And lives here.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:55 AM
  #50
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Ahhh, I got ya... coming back to your roots.

I wasn't aware and was really asking those Thrashers fans who were looking for a new number one team... I see being pissed when an organization leaves you high and dry, but IMO the anger shouldn't be directed at the players or team bu rather the people who sold you out by allowing the team to be moved -- inexcusable in almost all circumstances IMO -- I can understand distaste for people who would take a city's team away and give it to heir city though... and I suppose I could understand not wanting to support those people and their relocated team, but I'd just have a problem with cutting ties with the players and basic team itself.

Again, not judging, mere curiosity... I wish the thrashers fans the best no matter where they end up. As a kid I was upset when the Warriors left Philly... I was way too young to remember the Athletics move to KC... but with the Warriors I do remember concern, although I was too young to really delve deep into it. When Brahman (sp?) almost got away with a Midnight Eagles move to Arizona it really never sunk in since it was thwarted. I guess I would pray for quick replacement... but I would find it hard to cut loose ties to the current Flyers roster, no matter how pissed I would be at the people responsible -- never Snider, certainly never Snider.

Thanks for the response.
It really is something you will never understand as person unless it happens to you. I've had the fortunate time of having it happen twice to my local area. It not only devestated the fans, but the entire town too. Lots of pubs, shops and clubs all closed because of it.

If your team is moved on it's one of the most gut-wrenching experiences you will feel. Some people have paid thousends of dollars into something they love, only for them to uproot and bugger off somewhere else. You personally don't want anything to do with that franchise ever again, and forget about supporting them. In the end it's got nothing to do with the players, it's about supporting a team that is managed by people who didn't give a **** about the local fans.

Think about it, would you honestly say that you would be fine if the flyers moved away from your hometown to the back of beyond?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.