HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - NYR

Old
06-01-2011, 12:48 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Winnipeg - NYR

Bogosian & the 7th pick
for
Anisimov, McIlrath, & the 15th pick

McIlrath back to Winnipeg and the Rangers move up in the draft...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Really, no thanks.

Not impressed with Bogosian in any capacity. At this point, it's potential, and even then, he hasn't shown much of that supposed potential.

06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
BrianSTC

Chipman has stated that he isn't moving that 7th pick. But damn it is nice to see an NHL trade proposal with "Winnipeg" in it!!

Go Jets Go!!

BrianSTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Not bad value if the Rangers covet Bogosian, but I think it's a little too much for me personally to want to give up.

McIlrath was picked knowing he would be a project, and NYR brass has said nothing to indicate they've soured on him.

Anisimov reasonably projects to be a solid, 2-way #2C.

With the uncertainty outside the top 3-5 in this draft, I would rather hold firm at our #15 spot and grab the BPA, than trade up to #7 and possibly reach for someone.

Bogosian's potential is attractive, but the Rangers need to be adding forwards, not defensemen.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:00 PM
broc

Hi, Winnipeg answers and says,

"hell to the no"

Bad offer. If you want Bogo + 7th overall, think Staal and start from there.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post

"hell to the no"

Ummm, yeah. Not happening. We're not trading our all-star defenseman and blueline anchor for the next 10+ years for an inconsistent Bogosian and the 7th overall in a weak draft.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Pass from the Rangers...Defense is shaping up nice as it is. McIlrath will add to that in the future. Plus Ani has a ferw season here already, and has continues to develoip not to mention anchors arguably the Rangers best line at this point.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:

"hell to the no"

I rather have Staal on the Coyotes than the 7th and Bogosian...
the plan is to match up Bogosian and Staal
And Bogosian being an asset and thinking that McIlrath would be coveted by Manitoba. Anisimov should be able for the Rangers to move up in the draft... the deal could be tweaked if Winnipeg wants McIlrath enough and is willing to move Bogosian...

Old
06-01-2011, 01:22 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I rather have Staal on the Coyotes than the 7th and Bogosian...
the plan is to match up Bogosian and Staal
And Bogosian being an asset and thinking that McIlrath would be coveted by Manitoba. Anisimov should be able for the Rangers to move up in the draft... the deal could be tweaked if Winnipeg wants McIlrath enough and is willing to move Bogosian...
They don't really have any interest in McIlrath. Anisimov is easily the most attractive piece of this offer from the Winnipeg end.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I would give up very little for Bogosian. Very little interest in him.

AA+15th overall better get more more than 8 spots down.

Big, Giant, Wet sloppy HELL NO from the Rangers.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

"hell to the no"

You've been out of hockey for so long, it's understandable.

Bogo+7th isn't even close to what Staal would demand in a trade. We're talking about miles and miles apart.

Welcome back to the game though.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
They don't really have any interest in McIlrath. Anisimov is easily the most attractive piece of this offer from the Winnipeg end.
My thinking is that Winnipeg would be willing to make a sidewards move McIlrath for Bogosian as long as Anisimov is included and that the pick in a weak draft isn't that much of value in going from the 15th to the 7th (compared to other year drafts), but the Rangers may covet a player at that position more than Winnipeg does. It starts with who will be available @#7 and if a Winnipeg is willing to trade it for the 15th. If it was to go down as I speculate, it would be at the draft...and Bogosian may need a fresh start so he can reach to what his potential was when he was drafted...

Old
06-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
What Atlanta needs is an established #1 center (which I'll admit is not easy to acquire) and a lot of help on the RW (think top 6).

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:00 PM
almostawake

Quote:
My thinking is that Winnipeg would be willing to make a sidewards move McIlrath for Bogosian as long as Anisimov is included and that the pick in a weak draft isn't that much of value in going from the 15th to the 7th (compared to other year drafts), but the Rangers may covet a player at that position more than Winnipeg does. It starts with who will be available @#7 and if a Winnipeg is willing to trade it for the 15th. If it was to go down as I speculate, it would be at the draft...and Bogosian may need a fresh start so he can reach to what his potential was when he was drafted...
McIlrath isn't sideways. They're two entirely different players. Bogosian's upside is much much higher than McIlrath's. At the same time, his development has stalled a bit and appears to have attitude problems that might prevent him from ever reaching that potential. McIlrath, do to his size and attitude, will almost certainly be an NHLer for many years, but clearly doesn't have the potential to be an all situation #1 in this league.

McIlrath makes no sense from a Winnipeg point of view. If they're trading Bogosian, optimally they'd get a similar high upside (but with similar question marks) type of young player, preferably a center, or at least a forward.

McIlrath is not attractive. Moving from #7 to #15 is not attractive. Anisimov is attractive, but I think they'd need Anisimov + if they were going to part with Bogosian.

Ultimately, this is how it's going to go down. All of the hockey people at the new team are going to get together and ask this question: Can Bogosian realize his potential as a member of this team? If the consensus is yes he can, there is no way he gets traded. If the consensus is that he has too many question marks, then he'll be available.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
McIlrath isn't sideways. They're two entirely different players. Bogosian's upside is much much higher than McIlrath's. At the same time, his development has stalled a bit and appears to have attitude problems that might prevent him from ever reaching that potential. McIlrath, do to his size and attitude, will almost certainly be an NHLer for many years, but clearly doesn't have the potential to be an all situation #1 in this league.

McIlrath makes no sense from a Winnipeg point of view. If they're trading Bogosian, optimally they'd get a similar high upside (but with similar question marks) type of young player, preferably a center, or at least a forward.

McIlrath is not attractive. Moving from #7 to #15 is not attractive. Anisimov is attractive, but I think they'd need Anisimov + if they were going to part with Bogosian.

Ultimately, this is how it's going to go down. All of the hockey people at the new team are going to get together and ask this question: Can Bogosian realize his potential as a member of this team? If the consensus is yes he can, there is no way he gets traded. If the consensus is that he has too many question marks, then he'll be available.
First off please dont talk about McIlrath when you obviously know very little about him. He is a very raw prospect but he has the ability to become a #1 defensman if he puts everything together. Even if he doesnt and makes it to the nhl, rangers brass sees him as becoming another Jeff beukaboom.

No offense but if he become even a Jeff Beukaboom player, ill gladly take him over Bogo. Bogo has shown literally nothing to me through his time in the nhl. the guy has tons of potential but cant put anything together and consistantly struggles in the league. The guy just doesnt impress me at all and id rather have McIlrath than Bogo.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
First off please dont talk about McIlrath when you obviously know very little about him. He is a very raw prospect but he has the ability to become a #1 defensman if he puts everything together. Even if he doesnt and makes it to the nhl, rangers brass sees him as becoming another Jeff beukaboom.

No offense but if he become even a Jeff Beukaboom player, ill gladly take him over Bogo. Bogo has shown literally nothing to me through his time in the nhl. the guy has tons of potential but cant put anything together and consistantly struggles in the league. The guy just doesnt impress me at all and id rather have McIlrath than Bogo.
I'm a season ticket holder in the WHL. I've seen him play in person at least 4 times in the last 3 years. I stand by my assessment. There are very poor odds that he ever develops the offensive side of his game to the point where he is a do everything #1 defenceman. Could he play on a top pairing? Yes, with the right partner he could. Can I see him holding down 24+ minutes a night playing on the #1 PP and the #1 PK? No, I simply cannot imagine him developing his game to a point where he's a fixture on the PP.

Regarding your comparison to Beukeboom, yes, that's why I said that McIlrath will likely have a long career. If you prefer the safe prospect, great, keep him. I'm not pushing Bogosian on the Rangers, I'm just pointing out why this trade doesn't interest Winnipeg.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
first let me preface this by saying that I badly wanted my Isles to get Bogosian when he was in the draft as i thought he was a star in the making a clear number one defender, However since his original injury he is not the same player. he may either still be hurt or he is afraid of being hurt. he just doesnt show the same ability or drive that he did then and at this point looks more like a bust than the surefire star I thought he would be. its very disheartening.

This kid has loads of talent but something isnt right, and maybe a move to winnipeg is what he needs, but this kid needs something, otherwise he'll be a tremendous bust. He's a completely different player than what he was then and for the life of me i dont know why. Which makes me wonder if it was the injury

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:17 PM
broc

Quote:
Sorry, the difference btw 7 and 17 is quite big still. Strome or Hamilton is a significant difference than a Scheifele or Morrow.

Nothing against Anisimov or Mcilrath, but I'm not trading a #7 overall and giving up on Bogo for those 2. Not even close to doing that.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:17 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Not to mention we just got Erixon so i think we are set when it comes to defenseman.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Really, no thanks.

Not impressed with Bogosian in any capacity. At this point, it's potential, and even then, he hasn't shown much of that supposed potential.
I really Hate your avatar!

Sincerely, upset Flames fan

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:54 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:

"hell to the no"

Funny, he's a comedian.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Kaen

I would think Winnipeg says no. Bogo and #7 are without a doubt potentially the two top pieces in the trade and they need top end talent.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:25 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Winnipeg says no.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
Winnipeg says no.
AGREED

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Sorry, the difference btw 7 and 17 is quite big still. Strome or Hamilton is a significant difference than a Scheifele or Morrow.

Nothing against Anisimov or Mcilrath, but I'm not trading a #7 overall and giving up on Bogo for those 2. Not even close to doing that.
actually the 15th, and thinking that McNeill, Oleksiak, Sieman, or Armia may be available...
and I look at McIlrath being the safer tougher player, but Bogosian may have more offensive upside

Last edited by DesertDawg: 06-01-2011 at 09:49 PM.