HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger reports Colin Campbell to resign

Old
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Can't ignore the timing of this, pretty much confirms what we all thought: Boston's been getting a free pass.
probably more that he planned on resigning at the end of the year anyway and since the B and Nucks are the only two teams left and he had to let Murphy do the work when B are involved... might as well do it now.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
glenn77

No love loss on him. Hopefully they can get a group instead of one person.

glenn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Can't ignore the timing of this, pretty much confirms what we all thought: Boston's been getting a free pass.
He resigned he wasn't fired.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
shutehinside

Bad timing. I can almost guarantee the Nucks will win the cup now.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
He resigned he wasn't fired.
He was told to resign.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Lucic's sucker punches and crosschecks to the face says hi.
Meh, the refs still like Montreal. Boston got late penalties in 5 of the 7 playoff games versus the Habs this spring.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Just in time for the finals.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:56 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Meh, the refs still like Montreal. Boston got late penalties in 5 of the 7 playoff games versus the Habs this spring.
Boston - powerplay in OT.

Montreal which was near the top of the league in penalties this year, but let's not let actual facts sway your argument.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

lol Bruins

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Marchy79

I am betting it was the Nathan Horton spraying down a fan with no penalty, when Tortorella got the book thrown at him last year for the same thing.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
happens what you play dumb.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I am betting it was the Nathan Horton spraying down a fan with no penalty, when Tortorella got the book thrown at him last year for the same thing.
I would not doubt for one second that Yzerman, behind closed doors, because he is a very respectable and classy guy, made sure to mention this to Bettman and other high-ranking NHL officials. It may have cost Tampa a trip to the finals.

You can't apply a rule one way, then apply it differently when it benefits the team your son plays for... It looks extremely fishy.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I think the same thing. This was going beyond just judging a hockey play, this was giving 0 disciplinary consequence to a direct assault (no matter how light or deserved it was) to a fan.

And the guy that got a free pass scored the only goal in a game 7 the game after. Ouch.

Patccmoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I would not doubt for one second that Yzerman, behind closed doors, because he is a very respectable and classy guy, made sure to mention this to Bettman and other high-ranking NHL officials. It may have cost Tampa a trip to the finals.

You can't apply a rule one way, then apply it differently when it benefits the team your son plays for... It looks extremely fishy.
Absolutely it looks fishy IMHO as much as I disagreed with the decision in the Chara/Patches incident (which quotes can be found here, where Campbell suspended Ovechkin for injuring a player, saying the incident w/ no injury is fair, however the injury caused is what forced his hand in a suspension... Patches never played another game again all year... Chara got nothing) the Horton call was even worse, because they had clinical proof straight up, of a COACH getting suspended for doing the same thing.

I'll be honest, if the B's win it all, I will go in to EVERY NHL history book I own from that point forward, place an asterisk beside the champs, and put Campbell beside it. Because it is becoming QUITE clear to many, that CC is biased... IMHO I think that's why the resignation comes what, a WEEK after the Horton thing in Tampa.

I still dont think he should get off so lightly... IMHO I would go even further, and get a committee on him, reviewing his case work, and eventually expelling/banning him from EVER having anything to do with the NHL again. This guy compromised the league's disciplinary committee... It's just as bad as gambling, as it DOES effect the outcomes of games. This guy doesnt deserve to be ushered out the door, he deserves to be executed, and leave the offices with a TONNE of egg on his face.

He is an embarrassment to the sport that gave so much to him and his family. SHAME ON HIM!

As far as CC hating on Marc Savard, keep in mind there was a CRAP load of rumours coming out of Boston/Toronto tht Savvy was going to get re-united with Kessel. So IMHO, we could only call Savard a Bruin by name at that point... Because he wasnt/is not in ANY of Boston's long term plans.

Old
06-01-2011, 04:13 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I think the same thing. This was going beyond just judging a hockey play, this was giving 0 disciplinary consequence to a direct assault (no matter how light or deserved it was) to a fan.

And the guy that got a free pass scored the only goal in a game 7 the game after. Ouch.
Then ruins power play sux and tampa is dynamite and not one power play in game 7 for the first time in 21 yrs, hmmm

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:24 PM
yohan1212

Quote:

theres no denying that, especially game 7 with minutes to go on the phantom high stick.............. But of course boston gets preferential treatment.... Its just one of the many lame excuses i am hearing for boston's success... Boston has actually been on the short end of many suspension/non suspensions this year....

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Marchy79

Quote:

Yeah, absolutely... After I saw that and the pictures of Horton doing the deed, I officially saw it all... lol. There is nothing more CC can do to reclaim his credibility after that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Then ruins power play sux and tampa is dynamite and not one power play in game 7 for the first time in 21 yrs, hmmm
That was definately shady too... Esp. having a team that is honestly as good 5/5 as Boston is, and how crap they are in any situation 5/4

Old
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
[/B]

theres no denying that, especially game 7 with minutes to go on the phantom high stick.............. But of course boston gets preferential treatment.... Its just one of the many lame excuses i am hearing for boston's success... Boston has actually been on the short end of many suspension/non suspensions this year....
What phantom high-stick? Bergeron hit Wisniewski's visor with his stick. Wisniewski embellished the high stick by thrusting his head back, but that doesn't change the fact that Bergeron performed an illegal play regardless of the embellishment or not.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
happens what you play dumb.
play dumb...lol. Game 7 penalty with minutes to go is not a penalty no matter how you look at it... Luckily our stud Horton made up for that ludicrous call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
What phantom high-stick? Bergeron hit Wisniewski's visor with his stick. Wisniewski embellished the high stick by thrusting his head back, but that doesn't change the fact that Bergeron performed an illegal play regardless of the embellishment or not.
Stick never touched him. I've watched the replay numerous times. It comes close but never touches him...

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Andy

Quote:
play dumb...lol. Game 7 penalty with minutes to go is not a penalty no matter how you look at it... Luckily our stud Horton made up for that ludicrous call.
What the hell are you talking about, a penalty is a penalty, it's an illegal play and should be called. The fact that it doesn't at times is no excuse that it shouldn't be called. Nor should it not be called because fans don't want to see a penalty filled game. Penalties should be called so players follow the rules of the game.

Bergeron made an illegal play on Wisniewski and was called for it.

Old
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
That's the stud sucker punching people at the end of games and throwing water bottles at fans with no disciplinary consequence, and drawing a diving penalty on Downie by acting as if it was a major faking on his part after driving his face in the board taking him out of the game? Oh ya, Boston's getting no favoritism whatsoever, especially not that stud...

And a high-stick is a penalty, geez.

Patccmoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Stick never touched him. I've watched the replay numerous times. It comes close but never touches him...
Show me these replays please because I distinctly recall cbc showing a replay which showed Bergeron's stick coming into contact with Wisniewski's visor.

Old
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Belso

YEAH!!!!!! Greatest day in hockey since the lockout...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
That's the stud sucker punching people at the end of games and throwing water bottles at fans with no disciplinary consequence, and drawing a diving penalty on Downie by acting as if it was a major faking on his part after driving his face in the board taking him out of the game? Oh ya, Boston's getting no favoritism whatsoever, especially not that stud...

And a high-stick is a penalty, geez.
They'd all be penalties, and fines and/or suspensions but for the league's de facto MVP, GREGORY CAMPBELL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
YEAH!!!!!! Greatest day in hockey since the lockout...
I definitely agree.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
NHLcrazy

Good news for the NHL

Bad news for the Bruins

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote