HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger reports Colin Campbell to resign

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
  #51
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Can't ignore the timing of this, pretty much confirms what we all thought: Boston's been getting a free pass.
probably more that he planned on resigning at the end of the year anyway and since the B and Nucks are the only two teams left and he had to let Murphy do the work when B are involved... might as well do it now.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
  #52
glenn77
Registered User
 
glenn77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
No love loss on him. Hopefully they can get a group instead of one person.



glenn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
  #53
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Can't ignore the timing of this, pretty much confirms what we all thought: Boston's been getting a free pass.
He resigned he wasn't fired.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
  #54
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,040
vCash: 500
Bad timing. I can almost guarantee the Nucks will win the cup now.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
  #55
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
He resigned he wasn't fired.
He was told to resign.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
  #56
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Lucic's sucker punches and crosschecks to the face says hi.
Meh, the refs still like Montreal. Boston got late penalties in 5 of the 7 playoff games versus the Habs this spring.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
  #57
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,902
vCash: 500
Just in time for the finals.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:56 PM
  #58
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Meh, the refs still like Montreal. Boston got late penalties in 5 of the 7 playoff games versus the Habs this spring.
Boston - powerplay in OT.

Montreal which was near the top of the league in penalties this year, but let's not let actual facts sway your argument.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
  #59
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 15,652
vCash: 500
lol Bruins

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
  #60
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
I am betting it was the Nathan Horton spraying down a fan with no penalty, when Tortorella got the book thrown at him last year for the same thing.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
  #61
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Meh, the refs still like Montreal. Boston got late penalties in 5 of the 7 playoff games versus the Habs this spring.
happens what you play dumb.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
  #62
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I am betting it was the Nathan Horton spraying down a fan with no penalty, when Tortorella got the book thrown at him last year for the same thing.
I would not doubt for one second that Yzerman, behind closed doors, because he is a very respectable and classy guy, made sure to mention this to Bettman and other high-ranking NHL officials. It may have cost Tampa a trip to the finals.

You can't apply a rule one way, then apply it differently when it benefits the team your son plays for... It looks extremely fishy.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
  #63
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I am betting it was the Nathan Horton spraying down a fan with no penalty, when Tortorella got the book thrown at him last year for the same thing.
I think the same thing. This was going beyond just judging a hockey play, this was giving 0 disciplinary consequence to a direct assault (no matter how light or deserved it was) to a fan.

And the guy that got a free pass scored the only goal in a game 7 the game after. Ouch.

Patccmoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:12 PM
  #64
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I would not doubt for one second that Yzerman, behind closed doors, because he is a very respectable and classy guy, made sure to mention this to Bettman and other high-ranking NHL officials. It may have cost Tampa a trip to the finals.

You can't apply a rule one way, then apply it differently when it benefits the team your son plays for... It looks extremely fishy.
Absolutely it looks fishy IMHO as much as I disagreed with the decision in the Chara/Patches incident (which quotes can be found here, where Campbell suspended Ovechkin for injuring a player, saying the incident w/ no injury is fair, however the injury caused is what forced his hand in a suspension... Patches never played another game again all year... Chara got nothing) the Horton call was even worse, because they had clinical proof straight up, of a COACH getting suspended for doing the same thing.

I'll be honest, if the B's win it all, I will go in to EVERY NHL history book I own from that point forward, place an asterisk beside the champs, and put Campbell beside it. Because it is becoming QUITE clear to many, that CC is biased... IMHO I think that's why the resignation comes what, a WEEK after the Horton thing in Tampa.

I still dont think he should get off so lightly... IMHO I would go even further, and get a committee on him, reviewing his case work, and eventually expelling/banning him from EVER having anything to do with the NHL again. This guy compromised the league's disciplinary committee... It's just as bad as gambling, as it DOES effect the outcomes of games. This guy doesnt deserve to be ushered out the door, he deserves to be executed, and leave the offices with a TONNE of egg on his face.

He is an embarrassment to the sport that gave so much to him and his family. SHAME ON HIM!

As far as CC hating on Marc Savard, keep in mind there was a CRAP load of rumours coming out of Boston/Toronto tht Savvy was going to get re-united with Kessel. So IMHO, we could only call Savard a Bruin by name at that point... Because he wasnt/is not in ANY of Boston's long term plans.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:13 PM
  #65
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I think the same thing. This was going beyond just judging a hockey play, this was giving 0 disciplinary consequence to a direct assault (no matter how light or deserved it was) to a fan.

And the guy that got a free pass scored the only goal in a game 7 the game after. Ouch.
Then ruins power play sux and tampa is dynamite and not one power play in game 7 for the first time in 21 yrs, hmmm

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:24 PM
  #66
yohan1212
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Meh, the refs still like Montreal. Boston got late penalties in 5 of the 7 playoff games versus the Habs this spring.


theres no denying that, especially game 7 with minutes to go on the phantom high stick.............. But of course boston gets preferential treatment.... Its just one of the many lame excuses i am hearing for boston's success... Boston has actually been on the short end of many suspension/non suspensions this year....

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
  #67
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I think the same thing. This was going beyond just judging a hockey play, this was giving 0 disciplinary consequence to a direct assault (no matter how light or deserved it was) to a fan.

And the guy that got a free pass scored the only goal in a game 7 the game after. Ouch.
Yeah, absolutely... After I saw that and the pictures of Horton doing the deed, I officially saw it all... lol. There is nothing more CC can do to reclaim his credibility after that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Then ruins power play sux and tampa is dynamite and not one power play in game 7 for the first time in 21 yrs, hmmm
That was definately shady too... Esp. having a team that is honestly as good 5/5 as Boston is, and how crap they are in any situation 5/4

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
  #68
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
[/B]

theres no denying that, especially game 7 with minutes to go on the phantom high stick.............. But of course boston gets preferential treatment.... Its just one of the many lame excuses i am hearing for boston's success... Boston has actually been on the short end of many suspension/non suspensions this year....
What phantom high-stick? Bergeron hit Wisniewski's visor with his stick. Wisniewski embellished the high stick by thrusting his head back, but that doesn't change the fact that Bergeron performed an illegal play regardless of the embellishment or not.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
  #69
yohan1212
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
happens what you play dumb.
play dumb...lol. Game 7 penalty with minutes to go is not a penalty no matter how you look at it... Luckily our stud Horton made up for that ludicrous call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
What phantom high-stick? Bergeron hit Wisniewski's visor with his stick. Wisniewski embellished the high stick by thrusting his head back, but that doesn't change the fact that Bergeron performed an illegal play regardless of the embellishment or not.
Stick never touched him. I've watched the replay numerous times. It comes close but never touches him...

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:33 PM
  #70
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
play dumb...lol. Game 7 penalty with minutes to go is not a penalty no matter how you look at it... Luckily our stud Horton made up for that ludicrous call.
What the hell are you talking about, a penalty is a penalty, it's an illegal play and should be called. The fact that it doesn't at times is no excuse that it shouldn't be called. Nor should it not be called because fans don't want to see a penalty filled game. Penalties should be called so players follow the rules of the game.

Bergeron made an illegal play on Wisniewski and was called for it.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
  #71
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
play dumb...lol. Game 7 penalty with minutes to go is not a penalty no matter how you look at it... Luckily our stud Horton made up for that ludicrous call.
That's the stud sucker punching people at the end of games and throwing water bottles at fans with no disciplinary consequence, and drawing a diving penalty on Downie by acting as if it was a major faking on his part after driving his face in the board taking him out of the game? Oh ya, Boston's getting no favoritism whatsoever, especially not that stud...

And a high-stick is a penalty, geez.

Patccmoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
  #72
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Stick never touched him. I've watched the replay numerous times. It comes close but never touches him...
Show me these replays please because I distinctly recall cbc showing a replay which showed Bergeron's stick coming into contact with Wisniewski's visor.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
  #73
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
YEAH!!!!!! Greatest day in hockey since the lockout...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
  #74
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
That's the stud sucker punching people at the end of games and throwing water bottles at fans with no disciplinary consequence, and drawing a diving penalty on Downie by acting as if it was a major faking on his part after driving his face in the board taking him out of the game? Oh ya, Boston's getting no favoritism whatsoever, especially not that stud...

And a high-stick is a penalty, geez.
They'd all be penalties, and fines and/or suspensions but for the league's de facto MVP, GREGORY CAMPBELL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
YEAH!!!!!! Greatest day in hockey since the lockout...
I definitely agree.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
  #75
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 500
Good news for the NHL

Bad news for the Bruins

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.