HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire Tim Erixon, 5th ('11) for Horak, two 2nds ('11); Erixon signs ELC

Old
06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Jan Erixon was a Ranger through and through. Anybody "old' enough to watch him play and playing healthy really saw a special example of a super defensive forward. It was actually exciting to watch him shut down top forwards and excel on the pk..

Would love to see his son don the blueshirt .....
Yep, outstanding hockey sense. Hid body on the other hand, always an injury problem, which to his credit fought through a lot.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Someone in the Ranger's brass does read these boards, I talked to him about them.
Yeah? Where's my ****ing money? I want my cut. ****ers profiting off of my brainpower...

You know when they probably started reading? About 3 years ago, when they realized their ideas alone amounted to a flaming bag of dog ****.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Someone in the Ranger's brass does read these boards, I talked to him about them.

Great detective work, his Dad played his whole career here and his name has been bandied about in Ranger circles even at the time of his draft.

Not shocked at this at all, just hope we land him and trade off some excess baggage.
Haha did he think we're all as crazy as I do?

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Jan Erixon was a Ranger through and through. Anybody "old' enough to watch him play and playing healthy really saw a special example of a super defensive forward. It was actually exciting to watch him shut down top forwards and excel on the pk..

Would love to see his son don the blueshirt .....
Absolutely. His kid definitely inherited that defensive awareness as well. I remember watching people trash him at the 2009 WJC and all I could think was; "Man, this kid is going to be a rock once he grows into his body." He's still a little gangly, but there's potential for another McDonagh-type player here.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
ColonialsHockey10

The quotes saying the Rangers are showing interest in Erixon, does that mean in a trade or through the draft? I hope we don't use the 15th pick on him.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

So RangerBoy, just give it up already. Are you Glen Sather?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
The quotes saying the Rangers are showing interest in Erixon, does that mean in a trade or through the draft? I hope we don't use the 15th pick on him.
Well it says they're talking with Calgary to get Erixon. So that's via trade, since after 5PM today CGY has no say on where he'd be drafted.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Yeah? Where's my ****ing money? I want my cut. ****ers profiting off of my brainpower...

You know when they probably started reading? About 3 years ago, when they realized their ideas alone amounted to a flaming bag of dog ****.
It was 3 years ago

Truthfully, I turned him onto the boards, he's not a poster, just a lurker. Bobbop may actually know him(Thats a clue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
Haha did he think we're all as crazy as I do?
Nah, he's crazy hockey guy just like us, funny how geeky and kid like some guys working in hockey get when you start talking prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
That's not happening, cheaper option available if the Flames have to trade him now.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Wish he was a forward..

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
has he ever poster before, BN?

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
has he ever poster before, BN?
Not that I know of. He's a high profile sports guy besides working for the Ranger's so I'm guessing his time is limited.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Gotta give you some credit on this one even if it doesn't go down RB, good call.

I've also got to ask does anyone else always worry that this board has some better ideas than our FO? 'Cause as soon as I saw this thread I thought, "good idea, but Sather would never think of this." I guess I underestimate them a bit.
As much as I hate the man who runs this team, I don't think management is ignorant of something so basic. I'm sure every team is familiar with all prospects in the league who remain unsigned so close to the deadline. They may not be interested, but they know.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Well it says they're talking with Calgary to get Erixon. So that's via trade, since after 5PM today CGY has no say on where he'd be drafted.
Must have not read it closely enough. Thanks.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 463
If Calgary trades Erixon to the Rangers it will either be for Kreider or the Rangers 1st this year imo. Some of the other values that some have suggested on here is laughable for a guy who if he re-enters the draft will probably go top 10.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
asphyXy

vCash: 50
If the Rangers acquire him via trade, we'd still have to give him a contract or else he'd be re-entered into the draft, no?

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
If Calgary trades Erixon to the Rangers it will either be for Kreider or the Rangers 1st this year imo. Some of the other values that some have suggested on here is laughable for a guy who if he re-enters the draft will probably go top 10.
I do not think there's even a chance you get that much. There's not enough time to even guarantee that the Rangers will be able to sign Erixon.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyXy View Post
If the Rangers acquire him via trade, we'd still have to give him a contract or else he'd be re-entered into the draft, no?
Correct. He must be signed in the next hour and fifteen minutes.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What you don't understand is that the Flames don't have any leverage in this situation. The Rangers will either say "Look, you can have the 53rd pick in next years draft, or we can give you X". X is probably going to be something like the 45th pick in this draft and a mid-to-lower level prospect. There is absolutely no way that the Rangers deal Krieder, MDZ, or their 1st round pick for Erixon, and I LOVE Erixon.

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
turcotte8

Quote:
If Calgary trades Erixon to the Rangers it will either be for Kreider or the Rangers 1st this year
lol, that's funny.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
There's no chance you get Kreider or the 1st rounder IMO. If he was traded right now the Rangers would have a little more than an hour to sign the guy. Crazy to ask for that much.

Old
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
The Flames are in no position to play hardball for a blue chip prospect.

Old
Leetch3

Quote:
it doesn't matter if he'd go 1st overall...if he re-enters the draft the flames get the 53rd pick as compensation. any offer worth more than that is a good deal for the flames, any thing less than that isn't.

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
So a team is going to trade you the guy they took ahead of him in the same draft? I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Flames are in a corner. Deal him for something slightly better than the 53rd pick, or just settle for it. Saying no to a higher second rounder if it was the best deal on the table would be downright asinine.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dredden
JT Miller

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Rangers have been given permission to negotiate contract with Erixon, Post has learned....believed conditional trade deal in place with Calg

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rangers have been given permission to negotiate contract with Erixon, Post has learned....believed conditional trade deal in place with Calg
https://twitter.com/#!/NYP_Brooksie/...11585876934656

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote