HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Paul Stastny

Old
05-28-2011, 11:56 AM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Avs are at the cap floor (below, actually), so they do not need to shed salary -- something many people who make these proposals seem to forget.
True.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Don't want Komisarek.

And of the young goalies out there, Enroth is low on my list.
Call me "size queen" if you want, but I'd like a big guy in net, not a 5'10" dude.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Avs have no intrest in Gragnani since they have an abundance of PMD's (Liles, Elliot, Barrie, Chouinard, Hunwick, Cumiskey, EJ could also be counted in, and so can Quincey if they are asked to play that role), Enroth is a good prospect, but he's just that a prospect, he hasn't proven much in the NHL. Every deal considering Staz + Liles coming from Buffalo should include Stafford, Ennis, and your first rounder, and I'm not that confident that Avs would take that deal without something added from Sabres side. And if you think that Staz is overrated find me a better 2-way center under 25, not counting Crosby, Backstrom, Kopitar (barely better), and Toews (though he never reached Stastny's career points high).

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:53 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs have no intrest in Gragnani since they have an abundance of PMD's (Liles, Elliot, Barrie, Chouinard, Hunwick, Cumiskey, EJ could also be counted in, and so can Quincey if they are asked to play that role), Enroth is a good prospect, but he's just that a prospect, he hasn't proven much in the NHL. Every deal considering Staz + Liles coming from Buffalo should include Stafford, Ennis, and your first rounder, and I'm not that confident that Avs would take that deal without something added from Sabres side. And if you think that Staz is overrated find me a better 2-way center under 25, not counting Crosby, Backstrom, Kopitar (barely better), and Toews (though he never reached Stastny's career points high).
Ok well for one saying the Avs have NO interest in Gragnani is probably incorrect unless you work for them how would you know, As good as Barrie/Elliot might be at an AHL/NHL level, Gragnani has proven at the AHL/NHL level to be a better prospect than anything we have in our system.
Stafford, Ennis, and your first rounder, and I'm not that confident that Avs would take that deal without something added from Sabres side
Wow so its Stastny and Liles (who is an UFA after this year btw) for Staf, Ennis, and the 16th OV pick?
and you want MORE from BUF? Not happenin' BUF ends up trading away 3 players for 1 since its no guarantee Liles re-signs and they have to consider that.

Old
05-28-2011, 07:38 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Ok well for one saying the Avs have NO interest in Gragnani is probably incorrect unless you work for them how would you know, As good as Barrie/Elliot might be at an AHL/NHL level, Gragnani has proven at the AHL/NHL level to be a better prospect than anything we have in our system.
Stafford, Ennis, and your first rounder, and I'm not that confident that Avs would take that deal without something added from Sabres side
Wow so its Stastny and Liles (who is an UFA after this year btw) for Staf, Ennis, and the 16th OV pick?
and you want MORE from BUF? Not happenin' BUF ends up trading away 3 players for 1 since its no guarantee Liles re-signs and they have to consider that.
Gragnani may be the best prospect in the Sabre's system, however that doesn't change the fact that the Av's do not have a need for another PMD in their system. Why would the Av's want to make a deal that has them weakened at center only to add to the area that is probably the strongest area in the Av's system? As far as saying Gragnani proved anything at the NHL level, he hasn't even played 20 NHL games yet! Unless of course, you're trying to prove that Gragnani can play 20 nhl games, then I guess you could make a pretty good case for that.

Sure, Liles is a free agent in a year and there are no guarantees he will re-sign. But Stafford is a RFA, and there are no guarantees he signs either, maybe he really likes vodka and snow and decides to go to Russia. Then there is the 16th pick, which there are no guarantees the Av's get anyone with that pick at all. So in the end Buffalo gets three years of Stastny, and a year of Liles. Colorado only gets a year of Ennis. That hardly seems fair. Maybe I'd want three years of Pominville to go with my side of Ennis.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:18 PM
agentblack

[QUOTE=CB Joe;33294678]Gragnani may be the best prospect in the Sabre's system, however that doesn't change the fact that the Av's do not have a need for another PMD in their system. Why would the Av's want to make a deal that has them weakened at center only to add to the area that is probably the strongest area in the Av's system? As far as saying Gragnani proved anything at the NHL level, he hasn't even played 20 NHL games yet! Unless of course, you're trying to prove that Gragnani can play 20 nhl games, then I guess you could make a pretty good case for that.

No I think he's the best D prospect of either team right now. And yes your right he hasnt played 20 NHL games. He has played plenty of AHL games however and been spectacular getting 55+ pts twice and getting top d man honors. There is no one in our system that comes even close to that. He's a lock on that team while any of our defensive prospects may not make it out of camp. And as far as adding another PMD I mean obviously one of Barrie/Elliot would be going back the other way.
And a 16th ov pick is still an big asset regardless if they draft a player out of it. If its included in a bigger deal I think it means alot actually.
IDK I just dont see how a Statsny + Liles combo gets you half the sabres offence.

Old
05-28-2011, 08:58 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
No I think he's the best D prospect of either team right now. And yes your right he hasnt played 20 NHL games. He has played plenty of AHL games however and been spectacular getting 55+ pts twice and getting top d man honors. There is no one in our system that comes even close to that. He's a lock on that team while any of our defensive prospects may not make it out of camp. And as far as adding another PMD I mean obviously one of Barrie/Elliot would be going back the other way.
And a 16th ov pick is still an big asset regardless if they draft a player out of it. If its included in a bigger deal I think it means alot actually.
IDK I just dont see how a Statsny + Liles combo gets you half the sabres offence.
I think I'd rather keep Elliot and Barrie, over Gragnani.

I really don't see how you think Stafford and Ennis are half the Sabre's offense. If you want quality it's going to cost you.

Old
05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I think I'd rather keep Elliot and Barrie, over Gragnani.

I really don't see how you think Stafford and Ennis are half the Sabre's offense. If you want quality it's going to cost you.
Well I never said to deal them both for Gragnani one or the other.

Old
05-29-2011, 04:47 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Well I never said to deal them both for Gragnani one or the other.
No, I mean I would rather keep either one over Gragnani.

Old
05-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
No, I mean I would rather keep either one over Gragnani.
So would any Avs fan.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 08:53 AM
chuckthehammer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
To me, Ryan Suter has always had the luxury of playing with a guy like Shea Weber and that's always helped him look better than he actually is. The parallel I draw is to Beauchemin playing with Niedermayer in Anaheim. Obviously, Suter is a much better player than Beauchemin but when Toronto signed him, I think they expected more from this guy, especially defensively.

I think Suter's a good player, a bit of a borderline #2, top 3-4 defenseman for sure but I don't see him as a #1 guy and I certainly don't see him as the franchise d-man that a lot of people seem to think he is.

Feel free to disagree, I'm sure many will.

Anyways, back to the original question : I also really don't want to see Stastny traded but if he was, I would be looking for this kind of package :

To St-L:
P. Stastny, C
T. Barrie, D
B. Yip, RW

To Col:
D. Backes, C/RW
J. Schwartz, C
J. Allen, G

The reasoning behind this is that Backes can be a very good 2nd line center and/or play any forward position. That kind of versatility could be very useful down the road. For the Blues, they get a #1 center that already has chemistry with their best sniper and one who's familiar with the city. The Avs give up one of their most promising defensive prospect for a guy who could be able to fill-in Backes spot as #2C somewhere down the road. They add depth at the G position with Allen while the Blues get a serviceable grinding winger in Yip.

Stastny > Backes
Schwartz >= Barrie (value wise, it's pretty close)
Allen > Yip

As I said, my preference would be to keep Stastny but if this kind of deal was made, I'd be ok with it. I have no idea if Blues fans would want to do this, if I were in their position, I really wouldn't want to lose Schwartz but that would be the cost if I had to move an established guy like Stastny.

As a Blues fan.... it will never happen. Backes will not be moved, he has done too much for stl, lives here with his wife, is extremely involved with the city, and is going to be the Blues next captain. Would we be interested in Stastny, yes... he is Stewarts best friend, and after the bad P.R. that his father produced via radio after the last trade with us it isnt unreasonable to think he would ask to be traded. What you may be looking at instead of the offer made above would probably be something more like this...

Oshie
Bishop
one of our 3 2nd round picks.

Stastny
Probably Barrie or Yip

I say this because I have heard MANY rumors of Oshie not fitting in well in STL off of the ice. He missed a practice this year... He's been was throughout the depth chart all season, apparently upper mgmt. is getting sick of him.

Bishop, also a great goaltender... Allen and Bishop have been fighting for the starter spot in Peoria all of last year. From what I've heard, STL scouts are VERY fond of Allen and his potential. With the deal the Blues have with Halak, Bishop makes more sense, being the older of the two. Conklin is gone after this year, so if this trade happend the blues would sign a backup via FA and allow Allen to develop in that number 1 spot in peoria the next couple years.

The Blues for sure need a number 1 center... that being said, we are looking better in the circle with the development of Berglund, Oshie, Sobotka, etc.

In all honesty... I don't see the trade happening. You guys do not need to get rid of this man, he's a beast . If he asks for a trade however, the offers may not look this nice...

chuckthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:18 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthehammer View Post
As a Blues fan.... it will never happen. Backes will not be moved, he has done too much for stl, lives here with his wife, is extremely involved with the city, and is going to be the Blues next captain. Would we be interested in Stastny, yes... he is Stewarts best friend, and after the bad P.R. that his father produced via radio after the last trade with us it isnt unreasonable to think he would ask to be traded. What you may be looking at instead of the offer made above would probably be something more like this...

Oshie
Bishop

Stastny
Probably Barrie or Yip

I say this because I have heard MANY rumors of Oshie not fitting in well in STL off of the ice. He missed a practice this year... He's been was throughout the depth chart all season, apparently upper mgmt. is getting sick of him.

Bishop, also a great goaltender... Allen and Bishop have been fighting for the starter spot in Peoria all of last year. From what I've heard, STL scouts are VERY fond of Allen and his potential. With the deal the Blues have with Halak, Bishop makes more sense, being the older of the two. Conklin is gone after this year, so if this trade happend the blues would sign a backup via FA and allow Allen to develop in that number 1 spot in peoria the next couple years.

The Blues for sure need a number 1 center... that being said, we are looking better in the circle with the development of Berglund, Oshie, Sobotka, etc.

In all honesty... I don't see the trade happening. You guys do not need to get rid of this man, he's a beast . If he asks for a trade however, the offers may not look this nice...
lol,nooooo thank you

SlyAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:

Oshie
Bishop

Stastny
Probably Barrie or Yip

This is just embarrassing to read.

madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Ice Crusher

Quote:

Oshie
Bishop

Stastny
Probably Barrie or Yip

Bishop and Oshie? You kidding me? Bishop, we don't even know if he's going to end up a back-up goalie in the NHL one day. As for Oshie, good kid but he still haven't prove anything to be even a second line center. Not saying he won't but this is again too much of a guess for the Avs to trade Stastny. IF one day, he is going to be traded, it will be for players with much greater potential!

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:16 PM
chuckthehammer

all of which are reasons a trade with the blues is a bad decision..... I'm pretty sure I said it wouldn't happen because that is what the offer would look like... Not that I would, in a million years, take the trade. I am saying that if he is asking for a trade, hopefully you guys get some blockbuster deal... But it's doubtful...

Old
06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:

Oshie
Bishop

Stastny
Probably Barrie or Yip

Thanks for your input. The Avs wouldn't make that trade though. I like Oshie fine but his off-ice antics are well documented and that's something the Avs would indeed steer clear given. For the Avs to part with a 25 year old center that, in my opinion, has 90 point potential, Backes would need to be part of the package coming back. His 2-way play would be crucial in replacing Stats while our 20 year old centers find their way.

A 'good' trade usually hurts both sides. The EJ-Stewart trade seemed to have a lot of people unhappy with at first and then after the dust settled, it truly benefitted both clubs. It's still not finalized until we pick our guy at #11 and you pick yours at #32. Then we'll be able to truly analyze it with all names in place.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
chuckthehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Thanks for your input. The Avs wouldn't make that trade though. I like Oshie fine but his off-ice antics are well documented and that's something the Avs would indeed steer clear given. For the Avs to part with a 25 year old center that, in my opinion, has 90 point potential, Backes would need to be part of the package coming back. His 2-way play would be crucial in replacing Stats while our 20 year old centers find their way.

A 'good' trade usually hurts both sides. The EJ-Stewart trade seemed to have a lot of people unhappy with at first and then after the dust settled, it truly benefitted both clubs. It's still not finalized until we pick our guy at #11 and you pick yours at #32. Then we'll be able to truly analyze it with all names in place.
thank you for not throwing me to the wolves there.... But I am in agreement. I honestly do not think that statsny should be traded.... He seems essential to your teams development... Believe me... I know all about oshie and his documentation I was just saying... That is the biggest piece I can see stl moving (mainly because the reason listed above). Backes, allen, and schwartz are not moving though... I just wanted to clear that up...

Old
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
No Paul Stastny on the season ticket link on the website. Just saying..................................

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Bills09

Leafs fan coming in peace...

Thoughts on this proposal

To Colorado
Nazem Kadri
Carl Gunnarsson
Jonas Gustavsson
25th overall
29th overall

To Toronto
Paul Stastny
11th overall

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace...

Thoughts on this proposal

To Colorado
Nazem Kadri
Carl Gunnarsson
Jonas Gustavsson
25th overall
29th overall

To Toronto
Paul Stastny
11th overall
This is probably better than 99% of other leafs fans proposals involving Stastny. Having said I still won't make the trade. I'm a big fan Kadri but he can only hope to be as good as Stastny is now, Gunnarsson is a depth defenseman that the avs have no need for, Gustavsson I'm not a fan of and the pick are nice but I'd rather have the 11th pick quality over quantity. Thank you for proposing a decent offer but the avs have no reason to trade him away unless it's to make the team better short/long term and this deal doesn't do it tbqh.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:12 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
This is probably better than 99% of other leafs fans proposals involving Stastny. Having said I still won't make the trade. I'm a big fan Kadri but he can only hope to be as good as Stastny is now, Gunnarsson is a depth defenseman that the avs have no need for, Gustavsson I'm not a fan of and the pick are nice but I'd rather have the 11th pick quality over quantity. Thank you for proposing a decent offer but the avs have no reason to trade him away unless it's to make the team better short/long term and this deal doesn't do it tbqh.
yep, well said.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
No Paul Stastny on the season ticket link on the website. Just saying..................................
I really hope this is sarcasm. There's a picture of him and Winnik from behind on the season ticket link near the bottom of the page, and right next to it is an ad for jerseys and guess who is on it? Stastny and Duchene. He's going nowhere. Period.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
I really hope this is sarcasm. There's a picture of him and Winnik from behind on the season ticket link near the bottom of the page, and right next to it is an ad for jerseys and guess who is on it? Stastny and Duchene. He's going nowhere. Period.
Bottom of the page
Out of the way
No clear sight
Except hindsight

He was probably Jokinen.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Hejduk and Liles aren't there either...can anyone say MEGA TRADE

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:55 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Hejduk and Liles aren't there either...can anyone say MEGA TRADE

Should be able to get Bozak with that kind of loot.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote