HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Relationship between NHL and ESPN ends (all OLN discussions)

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
"Blissfully-ignorant optimist"
It wasn't meant to be derogatory. I just haven't heard anyone who's seen OLN come to it's defense with first hand accounts of their work, until now anyway.

Old
08-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
It wasn't meant to be derogatory. I just haven't heard anyone who's seen OLN come to it's defense with first hand accounts of their work, until now anyway.
Wasn't taken as derogatory at all.

If you're an outdoors fan, then OLN is a great channel. If you're not, then it doesn't have much to offer. As I said, I really got into their various 'outdoors adventure' type shows. Kyaking lessons, tips when hiking and camping out. I used to watch it all the time, and caught the tour de france as often as I could. It's a good little channel. It was actually weird seeing Al Truatwig broadcasting over there. I'm just too used to him being on MSG.

I think they hosted the 'ECO CHALLENGE' one year, but don't quote me. Man, I loved the Eco Challenge. Ever see it?

Last edited by Shadowtron: 08-19-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old
08-19-2005, 03:36 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
I heard Gary Bettman yesterday on WFAN say the Rangers-Flyers October 5 can only be seen on OLN
October 5th is a Wednesday.

Old
08-19-2005, 06:32 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Time for me to mosey on to a new topic...
Hey, I know. Let's start a thread where we rate prospects. We can do all of them in order.

Old
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Hey, I know. Let's start a thread where we rate prospects. We can do all of them in order.
Oh, Jesus H. Christ no. Please! Not that! I'll stay alright? Just...no...more...prospects.

So...what do you think of OLN

Old
08-22-2005, 08:44 AM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Some more details that I haven't seen in writing yet...

# Ability to televise games in high-definition

# Mike players and coaches and conduct in-game interviews

# Provide live streaming video of games to computers

# Build a video-on-demand archive

# OLN is televising a majority of the Stanley Cup playoffs, up to four nights a week in the first, second and third rounds and Games 1 and 2 of the Finals.

# The pact also envisions a dedicated NHL channel in the United States in two years, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and Comcast executives said yesterday.

# Next season, OLN and the NHL will schedule only one game in the entire United States on Monday nights, and televise that as an exclusive, Bettman and OLN executives said, which would eliminate the conflicts.

# Also;
But for some hockey fans in the New York market, one of the league's largest and most significant, the OLN deal has flaws.

For example, unless you receive OLN - formerly Outdoor Life Network - a digital channel on your cable system that sometimes costs extra, you'll miss the Rangers-Flyers regular-season opener Oct. 5. MSG Network, the team's local rights holder, is blacked out. Concerning the Rangers-Flyers opener, a league spokeswoman said, "We are aware of that situation, but no one should draw any conclusions just yet."

If OLN chose to show the Bruins hosting the Canadiens, MSG could carry Rangers-Flyers. But anytime OLN, which will televise 58 NHL regular-season games nationally this season - primarily on Monday and Tuesday nights - decides to televise a Rangers, Islanders or Devils game exclusively, New York metro area viewers without OLN will not see it. That is, unless they subscribe to digitial tiers on Cablevision or Time Warner.

Closed Thread