HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta Fan Dispersal Draft

Old
06-01-2011, 08:00 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
It really is something you will never understand as person unless it happens to you. I've had the fortunate time of having it happen twice to my local area. It not only devestated the fans, but the entire town too. Lots of pubs, shops and clubs all closed because of it.

If your team is moved on it's one of the most gut-wrenching experiences you will feel. Some people have paid thousends of dollars into something they love, only for them to uproot and bugger off somewhere else. You personally don't want anything to do with that franchise ever again, and forget about supporting them. In the end it's got nothing to do with the players, it's about supporting a team that is managed by people who didn't give a **** about the local fans.

Think about it, would you honestly say that you would be fine if the flyers moved away from your hometown to the back of beyond?
I lived through it with the Expos. Now my biggest 'joy' in baseball is seeing the Nationals lose.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 08:15 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

AtlantaSportsFan (John Cena) or nothing.

Find a way to trade up for a higher pick and grab him.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
It really is something you will never understand as person unless it happens to you. I've had the fortunate time of having it happen twice to my local area. It not only devestated the fans, but the entire town too. Lots of pubs, shops and clubs all closed because of it.

If your team is moved on it's one of the most gut-wrenching experiences you will feel. Some people have paid thousends of dollars into something they love, only for them to uproot and bugger off somewhere else. You personally don't want anything to do with that franchise ever again, and forget about supporting them. In the end it's got nothing to do with the players, it's about supporting a team that is managed by people who didn't give a **** about the local fans.

Think about it, would you honestly say that you would be fine if the flyers moved away from your hometown to the back of beyond?
I totally understand where you are coming from an can only imagine what I would do... I can only speak from an outsider's position at this point, but that position is by nature is based on logic rather than raw gut reaction... What I would do and what I believe I would do may well be two entirely differently things.

When the Warriors left Philly I was young and I did still follow Wilt and maybe some of the other players afterwards... I honestly cannot recall... But I was not a strong Warriors fan and really more took pride in them as a team from my city. I was nowhere near a fan as I am with the Flyers, following them through thick and thin since inception and being a STH from the Mid-Seventies... I would like to think that I would never turn away from my team and follow these players that I have been following grow. BUT who knows what I would do as a deserted 'lover'? -- so to speak.

There are to this day still members of the Philadelphia Athletics Fan Club I believe... So it is possible to stay a fan, and there are some who do... I understand your position and do not argue with it as it is a totally personal matter with each individual. I just pray that I am never in the position to test my resolve.

That said I totally feel for the Thrashers fans as I have for all such fans in he past... It completely sucks.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
CptCannon

Just gotta trade all they way up to #1 overall and pick AtlantaSportsFan.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
Apparently, John Cena is being assigned to Winnipeg....

We've been assigned the 10th pick, and I've already offered our pick and CartsiePhan* to move up in the draft.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Apparently, John Cena is being assigned to Winnipeg....

We've been assigned the 10th pick, and I've already offered our pick and CartsiePhan* to move up in the draft.
Holy hell. Maybe I can arrange to have him unbanned on the rest of the boards, but remain banned on this board. Let's trade him to Pittsburgh!

06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
ilovetheflyers8

When and where is this draft happening?

edit- Found it. It's on the Thrashers board if anyone is interested. There's someone whose name is AtlantaWhaler, that must suck if he was a Whaler fan.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 06-01-2011 at 07:14 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Holy hell. Maybe I can arrange to have him unbanned on the rest of the boards, but remain banned on this board. Let's trade him to Pittsburgh!
I'd love to see the threads: "Crosby should be stripped of his captaincy and traded. He hardly showed up the whole second half of the season"

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I'd eat my own **** if somehow Cartsiephan was traded. My **** is actually worth more to move up to 1st overall than Cartsiephan.

Can you guys somehow withdraw the current trade and sub my **** instead? I think we'd have a legitimate shot at AtlantaSportsFan (John Cena) if that happened.

Talk to the Atlanta board, see what can be done.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I'd eat my own **** if somehow Cartsiephan was traded. My **** is actually worth more to move up to 1st overall than Cartsiephan.

Can you guys somehow withdraw the current trade and sub my **** instead? I think we'd have a legitimate shot at AtlantaSportsFan (John Cena) if that happened.

Well, we've already made a FA signing. It's not impossible that the Overseers of the Draft will decide that it would be far more realistic for Philly to not have a draft pick, and sign people in FA instead.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Commissioner Note...

Please be aware of the following change to Rule 1...

Boards MAY trade picks under the following stipulations....A> I must have approval via PM from Poster/s designated to be traded. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! B>Traded poster must agree to sport avatar for their new team for a period of 2 months.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 06-01-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: I can fix it!
KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:24 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post

I'd be on board to trade CartsiePhan for a bag of posts.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
JVR21
G

Let's trade the rook who just made the Nabokov thread.

Old
06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
AtlantaSportsFan (John Cena) or nothing.

Find a way to trade up for a higher pick and grab him.
Yeah. Seriously.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I totally understand where you are coming from an can only imagine what I would do... I can only speak from an outsider's position at this point, but that position is by nature is based on logic rather than raw gut reaction... What I would do and what I believe I would do may well be two entirely differently things.

When the Warriors left Philly I was young and I did still follow Wilt and maybe some of the other players afterwards... I honestly cannot recall... But I was not a strong Warriors fan and really more took pride in them as a team from my city. I was nowhere near a fan as I am with the Flyers, following them through thick and thin since inception and being a STH from the Mid-Seventies... I would like to think that I would never turn away from my team and follow these players that I have been following grow. BUT who knows what I would do as a deserted 'lover'? -- so to speak.

There are to this day still members of the Philadelphia Athletics Fan Club I believe... So it is possible to stay a fan, and there are some who do... I understand your position and do not argue with it as it is a totally personal matter with each individual. I just pray that I am never in the position to test my resolve.

That said I totally feel for the Thrashers fans as I have for all such fans in he past... It completely sucks.

If I recall, wasn't there talk of the Eagles moving to Phoenix back in the early 80s? It was when the USFL was around, because I remember thinking "Good riddance - we have the USFL Stars", who were good each year. So I think personally, I would feel betrayed (even though not by the players). I don't think the Browns' fans liked the Ravens, or the Baltimore fans liked the INdianapolis Colts. I think I would hate the Flyers if they moved and probably pull for the Devils.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Try to get KevinOneel or whomever...or....

Chipper
breakthewallsdown
atlthrasher3443
Duke49

Yeah I used to spend a lot of time on that board watching there games for Bogosian/Kane

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Let's trade the rook who just made the Nabokov thread.
Deal.

John Cena for our first pick, rookie newb poster, my piece of ****, Cartsiephan (just to get rid of him), and someone elses piece of **** (whoever decides to give it)..........

........................just so we can say we can give two **its

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:15 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
I've been a die-hard Flyers fan my whole life. I'm not sure what I'd do if they left. I can't see myself really rooting for another team the way I do the Flyers. It just wouldn't be the same. I'd just be a hockey fan I think.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
JVR21
G

New task, boys and girls. Brian Boyle and his 68 posts per day are taking this way too seriously. If John Cena continues to be unavailable, I suggest we go after whomever Brian Boyle wants to get.

Old
06-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

This is utterly brilliant guys.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

ASF is back in and open for draft.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:53 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I'd be on board to trade CartsiePhan for a bag of posts.
20 free uses of the sarcasm smiley without anyone mentioning how they should not be needed.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
If I recall, wasn't there talk of the Eagles moving to Phoenix back in the early 80s? It was when the USFL was around, because I remember thinking "Good riddance - we have the USFL Stars", who were good each year. So I think personally, I would feel betrayed (even though not by the players). I don't think the Browns' fans liked the Ravens, or the Baltimore fans liked the INdianapolis Colts. I think I would hate the Flyers if they moved and probably pull for the Devils.
I brought up Tose's aborted attempt to move the Eagles out under our very noses in an earlier post -- but mistakenly said, Braman -- From what I understand it was a done deal until it was leaked to the public and people jumped in to halt it; he later sold it to Braman.

I seem to be in the minority of those who have posted... I'm just glad it is not a real concern for us.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
ASF is back in and open for draft.
GO GO GO!

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:52 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Can we offer like 10 signatures / avatars to Dallas for the first overall?

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote