HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/cbj

Old
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gunnarsson with Schenn
lol

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Scored 30g 57pts.

What has Brassard done? Wheres Filatov again?

Gunnarson aint too shabby either.
So you're endorsing trading a player that the Leafs should build around and that the BJ's should weaken themselves down the middle for another winger that they really don't need?

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:37 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
So you're endorsing trading a player that the Leafs should build around and that the BJ's should weaken themselves down the middle for another winger that they really don't need?
No? Where did I say I was for the trade. Leafs dont touch it.

Old
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
I dont understand? 30g is 30g. Hes a budding PF. Very good on the puck, big, good defensively. Only 24. He didnt come out of nowhere either, he was Malkin's winger in the RSL.

He'll repeat if not improve.
This. He is a russian version of Bobby Ryan imo, obviously not as good yet, but he's getting there

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Quote:
I dont understand? 30g is 30g. Hes a budding PF. Very good on the puck, big, good defensively. Only 24. He didnt come out of nowhere either, he was Malkin's winger in the RSL.

He'll repeat if not improve.
I know, I just think it would be unrealistic to call a one time scorer of 30 goals a 30 goal scorer. I'm not saying he won't be, but I think it's a term used on a rate of consistency.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazon View Post
TOR gets Filatov, 8th overall, and Brassard

CBJ gets Kulemin, Gunnarsson, and BOS 1st Rounder
Dream on!

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:39 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiedBacon View Post
Didn't notice brassard . It will be a cold day in hell before Howson accepts this deal.
Not to worry. Kulemin isn't on the table, and Burke wouldn't do the deal either.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gunnarsson with Schenn
Switch Filabust with Nash

Old
06-01-2011, 10:42 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
I know, I just think it would be unrealistic to call a one time scorer of 30 goals a 30 goal scorer. I'm not saying he won't be, but I think it's a term used on a rate of consistency.
If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... How many years does a player have to score 30 to be called a 30 goal scorer? Regardless, if Kulemin only scored 25 and contributed in all the area he has on a consist basis (or is it consistent enough according to you?) he would be much to valuable to trade. Very few players like him in the NHL today.

Old
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Rude Dog

As a Leaf fan, I take that deal as fast as I can yell "no tradebacks". Kulemin is good, Gunnar is easily replaceable and who knows about a late 1st.

Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Switch Filabust with Nash
Please tell me this is hyperbole and you're not actually suggesting that Schenn and Kulemin are worth Nash.

I would normally assume it is, but, well, it's you.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
As a Leaf fan, I take that deal and immediately yell "no tradebacks".

IM glad you're not in charge. Did you even watch the leafs this season? Do you know anything at all about Filatov, Brassard? Are you blinded by the "OMG top ten pick!!!111!!!!!1!"

Old
06-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:
I apologize, I didn't know his point totals were increasing as they are. However, he scored 30 goals, he's not a 30 goal scorer IMO.
Kulemin has outscored Brassard in every department (Goals, Assists, Points)in last 2 seasons (except for assists in 09-10 season).
Moreoever, he plays PP, PK, forechecks, backchecks, is strong on boards, occasionally snipes, has a heavy frame, stands in front of net. Basically the best 2-way forward on Leafs roster.

Even from Leafs GM PoV, it'd take massive overpayment, or trade for a star to trade for Kulemin (no, 8th overall pick won't make the cut).

Gunnarson isn't the greatest of players, but for his caphit, he brings more to the table. Not at all an untouchable, but that might work in his favour being retained as a Leaf.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Pretty sure neither team does this. Brassard, as of right now, is more important to us than Kulemin, and Kulemin means more to Toronto. If we traded Brass, Filatov and our first, I'd be targeting a position of need, and even though I'd loooove Kulemin, he doesn't fill a need. He and Umberger are comparable aside from age.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:53 PM
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... How many years does a player have to score 30 to be called a 30 goal scorer? Regardless, if Kulemin only scored 25 and contributed in all the area he has on a consist basis (or is it consistent enough according to you?) he would be much to valuable to trade. Very few players like him in the NHL today.
It could be a fake duck. Don't **** with me. I'm just being logical. At least twice should be a 30 goal scorer. If Evgeny Artyukhin scored 30 goals hi second season, and then fell off, people wouldn't say he was a 30 goal scorer, they'd say he scored 30 goals one year. I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just stating opinion.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Please tell me this is hyperbole and you're not actually suggesting that Schenn and Kulemin are worth Nash.

I would normally assume it is, but, well, it's you.
I'll leave that for you to figure out. I would normally tell you, but, well, it's you.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
It could be a fake duck. Don't **** with me. I'm just being logical. At least twice should be a 30 goal scorer. If Evgeny Artyukhin scored 30 goals hi second season, and then fell off, people wouldn't say he was a 30 goal scorer, they'd say he scored 30 goals one year. I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just stating opinion.
Explain the logic in one year of scoring 30 does not make you a "30 goal scorer" but two or more do? The statement has nothing to do with being a perenial scorer, it makes claim to scoring 30 goals. Thanks for the warning there internet tough guy.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazon View Post
TOR gets Filatov, 8th overall, and Brassard

CBJ gets Kulemin, Gunnarsson, and BOS 1st Rounder
And I felt bad becuase as of late all of the oiler offers seemed bad

boston is 29th overall

Gunnarsson first full season in the NHL and he struggled at times

Kulemin numbers are soft in my opinion. I know leaf fans are doing back flips over the kid---but I think outside of TO he falls into the Matt Stajan. Hagman, Ponikarovsky, and a few others who once they moved into a different team--numbers will come back to earth--I know Leaf fans will disagree

I am a Brassard fan and think of all players involved he is the best player in the deal
Filatov is the most frustrating player in the NHL
and the 8th overall pick--I wouldn't trade that for the players mentioned let alone adding Brassard

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
The Instigator

Quote:
Explain the logic in one year of scoring 30 does not make you a "30 goal scorer" but two or more do? The statement has nothing to do with being a perenial scorer, it makes claim to scoring 30 goals. Thanks for the warning there internet tough guy.
I just think it should be based on a player's career, not a microcosm of it. I apologize for stirring up your complex mind. You can go back to your Internet life now.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
I just think it should be based on a player's career, not a microcosm of it. I apologize for stirring up your complex mind. You can go back to your Internet life now.
It's quite simple really. Many players are often refered to their top goal scoring totals even durring hockey broadcasts. When talking about consitency and average, that is something different. If a player scores 30 goals, he scores 30 goals. Really, nothing complicated about it.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:10 PM
The Instigator

Quote:
It's quite simple really. Many players are often refered to their top goal scoring totals even durring hockey broadcasts. When talking about consitency and average, that is something different. If a player scores 30 goals, he scores 30 goals. Really, nothing complicated about it.
You're right. Again, I apologize. I took it in the wrong suggestive terms.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
And I felt bad becuase as of late all of the oiler offers seemed bad

boston is 29th overall

Gunnarsson first full season in the NHL and he struggled at times

Kulemin numbers are soft in my opinion. I know leaf fans are doing back flips over the kid---but I think outside of TO he falls into the Matt Stajan. Hagman, Ponikarovsky, and a few others who once they moved into a different team--numbers will come back to earth--I know Leaf fans will disagree

I am a Brassard fan and think of all players involved he is the best player in the deal
Filatov is the most frustrating player in the NHL
and the 8th overall pick--I wouldn't trade that for the players mentioned let alone adding Brassard
Boston's pick is 29th in a draft where the talent from 15-40 is evenly distributed.
Gunnarsson looked stellar at times during his full season.
I'm a Kulemin fan and he's by far the best player in the deal. He's already a 30 goal scorer.

Filatov is a bust.
The 8th overall pick is a gamble.
And I think Brassard on any other team would be an average 3rd liner but I think he falls into the Zherdev category when he is moved and his numbers come back to earth - I know a lot of Blue Jackets fans will disagree though. --I wouldn't trade Kulemin for that whole package.

See what I did there?

Old
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:

IM glad you're not in charge. Did you even watch the leafs this season? Do you know anything at all about Filatov, Brassard? Are you blinded by the "OMG top ten pick!!!111!!!!!1!"
Filitov is a non factor

However--Brassard is the best all around player in the deal--he is better in his own zone then Kully is

I would take the number 8 and Brassard over the offer from the leafs

leaf fans are blinded by the love of their own players

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Boston's pick is 29th in a draft where the talent from 15-40 is evenly distributed.
Gunnarsson looked stellar at times during his full season.
I'm a Kulemin fan and he's by far the best player in the deal. He's already a 30 goal scorer.

Filatov is a bust.
The 8th overall pick is a gamble.
And I think Brassard on any other team would be an average 3rd liner but I think he falls into the Zherdev category and his numbers come back to earth - I know a lot of Blue Jackets fans will disagree though. --I wouldn't trade Kulemin for that whole package.

See what I did there?
Why is Filatov a bust in your eyes? Just curious.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Dylbot

Terrible deal for the leafs.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote