HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/cbj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
  #26
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gunnarsson with Schenn
lol

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
  #27
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Scored 30g 57pts.

What has Brassard done? Wheres Filatov again?

Gunnarson aint too shabby either.
So you're endorsing trading a player that the Leafs should build around and that the BJ's should weaken themselves down the middle for another winger that they really don't need?

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:37 PM
  #28
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
So you're endorsing trading a player that the Leafs should build around and that the BJ's should weaken themselves down the middle for another winger that they really don't need?
No? Where did I say I was for the trade. Leafs dont touch it.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
  #29
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I dont understand? 30g is 30g. Hes a budding PF. Very good on the puck, big, good defensively. Only 24. He didnt come out of nowhere either, he was Malkin's winger in the RSL.

He'll repeat if not improve.
This. He is a russian version of Bobby Ryan imo, obviously not as good yet, but he's getting there

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
  #30
The Instigator
Registered User
 
The Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I dont understand? 30g is 30g. Hes a budding PF. Very good on the puck, big, good defensively. Only 24. He didnt come out of nowhere either, he was Malkin's winger in the RSL.

He'll repeat if not improve.
I know, I just think it would be unrealistic to call a one time scorer of 30 goals a 30 goal scorer. I'm not saying he won't be, but I think it's a term used on a rate of consistency.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
  #31
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazon View Post
TOR gets Filatov, 8th overall, and Brassard

CBJ gets Kulemin, Gunnarsson, and BOS 1st Rounder
Dream on!

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:39 PM
  #32
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiedBacon View Post
Didn't notice brassard . It will be a cold day in hell before Howson accepts this deal.
Not to worry. Kulemin isn't on the table, and Burke wouldn't do the deal either.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:40 PM
  #33
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gunnarsson with Schenn
Switch Filabust with Nash

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:42 PM
  #34
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
I know, I just think it would be unrealistic to call a one time scorer of 30 goals a 30 goal scorer. I'm not saying he won't be, but I think it's a term used on a rate of consistency.
If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... How many years does a player have to score 30 to be called a 30 goal scorer? Regardless, if Kulemin only scored 25 and contributed in all the area he has on a consist basis (or is it consistent enough according to you?) he would be much to valuable to trade. Very few players like him in the NHL today.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
  #35
Rude Dog
Registered User
 
Rude Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
As a Leaf fan, I take that deal as fast as I can yell "no tradebacks". Kulemin is good, Gunnar is easily replaceable and who knows about a late 1st.

Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
  #36
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Switch Filabust with Nash
Please tell me this is hyperbole and you're not actually suggesting that Schenn and Kulemin are worth Nash.

I would normally assume it is, but, well, it's you.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
  #37
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post
As a Leaf fan, I take that deal and immediately yell "no tradebacks".


IM glad you're not in charge. Did you even watch the leafs this season? Do you know anything at all about Filatov, Brassard? Are you blinded by the "OMG top ten pick!!!111!!!!!1!"

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:48 PM
  #38
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
I apologize, I didn't know his point totals were increasing as they are. However, he scored 30 goals, he's not a 30 goal scorer IMO.
Kulemin has outscored Brassard in every department (Goals, Assists, Points)in last 2 seasons (except for assists in 09-10 season).
Moreoever, he plays PP, PK, forechecks, backchecks, is strong on boards, occasionally snipes, has a heavy frame, stands in front of net. Basically the best 2-way forward on Leafs roster.

Even from Leafs GM PoV, it'd take massive overpayment, or trade for a star to trade for Kulemin (no, 8th overall pick won't make the cut).

Gunnarson isn't the greatest of players, but for his caphit, he brings more to the table. Not at all an untouchable, but that might work in his favour being retained as a Leaf.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
  #39
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,016
vCash: 500
Pretty sure neither team does this. Brassard, as of right now, is more important to us than Kulemin, and Kulemin means more to Toronto. If we traded Brass, Filatov and our first, I'd be targeting a position of need, and even though I'd loooove Kulemin, he doesn't fill a need. He and Umberger are comparable aside from age.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 10:53 PM
  #40
The Instigator
Registered User
 
The Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... How many years does a player have to score 30 to be called a 30 goal scorer? Regardless, if Kulemin only scored 25 and contributed in all the area he has on a consist basis (or is it consistent enough according to you?) he would be much to valuable to trade. Very few players like him in the NHL today.
It could be a fake duck. Don't **** with me. I'm just being logical. At least twice should be a 30 goal scorer. If Evgeny Artyukhin scored 30 goals hi second season, and then fell off, people wouldn't say he was a 30 goal scorer, they'd say he scored 30 goals one year. I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just stating opinion.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
  #41
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Please tell me this is hyperbole and you're not actually suggesting that Schenn and Kulemin are worth Nash.

I would normally assume it is, but, well, it's you.
I'll leave that for you to figure out. I would normally tell you, but, well, it's you.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
  #42
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
It could be a fake duck. Don't **** with me. I'm just being logical. At least twice should be a 30 goal scorer. If Evgeny Artyukhin scored 30 goals hi second season, and then fell off, people wouldn't say he was a 30 goal scorer, they'd say he scored 30 goals one year. I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just stating opinion.
Explain the logic in one year of scoring 30 does not make you a "30 goal scorer" but two or more do? The statement has nothing to do with being a perenial scorer, it makes claim to scoring 30 goals. Thanks for the warning there internet tough guy.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
  #43
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,899
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazon View Post
TOR gets Filatov, 8th overall, and Brassard

CBJ gets Kulemin, Gunnarsson, and BOS 1st Rounder
And I felt bad becuase as of late all of the oiler offers seemed bad

boston is 29th overall

Gunnarsson first full season in the NHL and he struggled at times

Kulemin numbers are soft in my opinion. I know leaf fans are doing back flips over the kid---but I think outside of TO he falls into the Matt Stajan. Hagman, Ponikarovsky, and a few others who once they moved into a different team--numbers will come back to earth--I know Leaf fans will disagree

I am a Brassard fan and think of all players involved he is the best player in the deal
Filatov is the most frustrating player in the NHL
and the 8th overall pick--I wouldn't trade that for the players mentioned let alone adding Brassard

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
  #44
The Instigator
Registered User
 
The Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Explain the logic in one year of scoring 30 does not make you a "30 goal scorer" but two or more do? The statement has nothing to do with being a perenial scorer, it makes claim to scoring 30 goals. Thanks for the warning there internet tough guy.
I just think it should be based on a player's career, not a microcosm of it. I apologize for stirring up your complex mind. You can go back to your Internet life now.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
  #45
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
I just think it should be based on a player's career, not a microcosm of it. I apologize for stirring up your complex mind. You can go back to your Internet life now.
It's quite simple really. Many players are often refered to their top goal scoring totals even durring hockey broadcasts. When talking about consitency and average, that is something different. If a player scores 30 goals, he scores 30 goals. Really, nothing complicated about it.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:10 PM
  #46
The Instigator
Registered User
 
The Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
It's quite simple really. Many players are often refered to their top goal scoring totals even durring hockey broadcasts. When talking about consitency and average, that is something different. If a player scores 30 goals, he scores 30 goals. Really, nothing complicated about it.
You're right. Again, I apologize. I took it in the wrong suggestive terms.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:11 PM
  #47
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
And I felt bad becuase as of late all of the oiler offers seemed bad

boston is 29th overall

Gunnarsson first full season in the NHL and he struggled at times

Kulemin numbers are soft in my opinion. I know leaf fans are doing back flips over the kid---but I think outside of TO he falls into the Matt Stajan. Hagman, Ponikarovsky, and a few others who once they moved into a different team--numbers will come back to earth--I know Leaf fans will disagree

I am a Brassard fan and think of all players involved he is the best player in the deal
Filatov is the most frustrating player in the NHL
and the 8th overall pick--I wouldn't trade that for the players mentioned let alone adding Brassard
Boston's pick is 29th in a draft where the talent from 15-40 is evenly distributed.
Gunnarsson looked stellar at times during his full season.
I'm a Kulemin fan and he's by far the best player in the deal. He's already a 30 goal scorer.

Filatov is a bust.
The 8th overall pick is a gamble.
And I think Brassard on any other team would be an average 3rd liner but I think he falls into the Zherdev category when he is moved and his numbers come back to earth - I know a lot of Blue Jackets fans will disagree though. --I wouldn't trade Kulemin for that whole package.





See what I did there?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM
  #48
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,899
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post


IM glad you're not in charge. Did you even watch the leafs this season? Do you know anything at all about Filatov, Brassard? Are you blinded by the "OMG top ten pick!!!111!!!!!1!"
Filitov is a non factor

However--Brassard is the best all around player in the deal--he is better in his own zone then Kully is

I would take the number 8 and Brassard over the offer from the leafs

leaf fans are blinded by the love of their own players

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:13 PM
  #49
The Instigator
Registered User
 
The Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Boston's pick is 29th in a draft where the talent from 15-40 is evenly distributed.
Gunnarsson looked stellar at times during his full season.
I'm a Kulemin fan and he's by far the best player in the deal. He's already a 30 goal scorer.

Filatov is a bust.
The 8th overall pick is a gamble.
And I think Brassard on any other team would be an average 3rd liner but I think he falls into the Zherdev category and his numbers come back to earth - I know a lot of Blue Jackets fans will disagree though. --I wouldn't trade Kulemin for that whole package.





See what I did there?
Why is Filatov a bust in your eyes? Just curious.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:19 PM
  #50
Dylbot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Terrible deal for the leafs.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.