HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

D Seth Jones - Portland Winterhawks (2013 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2011, 06:40 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
I remember reading about him in the local paper 2 years ago and I was hoping he'd be taller by now.

Old
05-31-2011, 06:48 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Yeah, there were some posters here hyped that he'll become 6'7.

Old
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Someone mentioned his brother Justin who is only 5'11 so I wouldn't be surprised if Seth doesn't get much taller.

Old
06-02-2011, 06:44 AM
shello
@WShello9

I've recently spoken to Seth and he still doesn't know where he'll play, he said he'd keep me posted. So I'll keep you guys posted haha

Old
06-02-2011, 08:01 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
He's about 6'5" now, don't believe any of the 6'3" crap you hear, unless he somehow shrunk since Thanksgiving when I last saw him.

Old
06-02-2011, 07:48 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
I've recently spoken to Seth and he still doesn't know where he'll play, he said he'd keep me posted. So I'll keep you guys posted haha
Are you implying that he might not play with the NTDP this upcoming season? Or are you referring to the fact that he's still deciding if he'll go to the WHL or NCAA after his NTDP commitment is done?

Old
06-04-2011, 11:42 AM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Are you implying that he might not play with the NTDP this upcoming season? Or are you referring to the fact that he's still deciding if he'll go to the WHL or NCAA after his NTDP commitment is done?
I'm saying that he still doesn't know if he'll go to the NCAA or the WHL

Old
06-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

A nice story on Jones (and his father): http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...not-basketball

Old
06-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
A nice story on Jones (and his father): http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...not-basketball
Most of those comments on that article are incredibly racist, the article was slightly as well if I read a few of the lines right but still it was a really good writeup on why he played hockey, kinda the same idea as the Hockey News article about a year and a half ago but more indepth.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Most of those comments on that article are incredibly racist, the article was slightly as well if I read a few of the lines right but still it was a really good writeup on why he played hockey, kinda the same idea as the Hockey News article about a year and a half ago but more indepth.
Didn't really see anything racist in the article.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Didn't really see anything racist in the article.
Maybe of was just me but a couple things seem racist depending on how you read it.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Future Av.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:27 PM
wings5

How does he compare to Dougie Hamilton? Both big 2-way defenceman with a similar skillset and I expect Seth's growth pattern to be around the same as Dougie's and end up around the same size.

Old
06-12-2011, 07:45 PM
shello
@WShello9

He's going to the us program, just spoke to him

Old
06-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Awesome. I can't wait to see this kid at the WJCs.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Yeah you definitely just talked to him.

Still not sure how you would be privy to that information. You'll forgive me if I don't quite take what you say as what's actually going to happen. He's still got a year left with the USNTDP so there would be no reason for his mind to be made up yet.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Yeah you definitely just talked to him.

Still not sure how you would be privy to that information. You'll forgive me if I don't quite take what you say as what's actually going to happen. He's still got a year left with the USNTDP so there would be no reason for his mind to be made up yet.
Ok don't belive me I honestly don't care, you might just belive me when he goes to play there. Also I was just telling people what his decision was a head of time so people would know. If theres a way I can send pictures (not links) on hf boards I will send u a picture of our conversation.

Old
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Ok don't belive me I honestly don't care, you might just belive me when he goes to play there. Also I was just telling people what his decision was a head of time so people would know. If theres a way I can send pictures (not links) on hf boards I will send u a picture of our conversation.
In for the pics. Don't care either way, but visual proof that you know Seth Jones would add a new wrinkle of hilarity to the board.

Old
06-15-2011, 04:34 PM
USA!

What would you want pics of a convo for? Is it a big deal someone might know Seth? Strange...

Old
08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Short little video where you can see his relative size and shot. He's working out with several of the Dallas Stars/prospects (Lehtonen and Campbell in net, Benn, Morrow, Ribeiro and Robidas the other skaters). Jones is in red.

Old
08-24-2011, 11:53 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
Short little video where you can see his relative size and shot. He's working out with several of the Dallas Stars/prospects (Lehtonen and Campbell in net, Benn, Morrow, Ribeiro and Robidas the other skaters). Jones is in red.

Look at those shots, thank God I'm not an NHL goalie.

Old
08-25-2011, 11:23 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
What a big advantage for a young kid to be able to hit the ice with current NHL stars.

Old
10-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

The Official Seth Jones Thead (2013)

We need one for this guy... He's an incredibly gifted player... I saw him play against my University (U of Denver), and he was dominant as a 16 year old. Here's my take from that game:

Quote:
Seth Jones (NTDP) was head and shoulders above the rest of the players when it came to poise... I couldn't believe he was 16 years old... WOW, there's a reason he's captain. He did everything right (he was responsible for the 3rd GA but in his defense he was pretty much left alone). He was leading his teammates and directing them at all times on the ice... He always seemed to know where to be and where the puck would end up... He is BIG and I mean BIG... He's still lanky and he looks young so I think he's not done growing... But he's also fast as hell and is very very agile. He can put the breaks on in a flash (which is great for a guy his size), and is very mobile. He's not a huge hitter but I think it stems from playing against 18-23 year old players instead of people his age, but he's definitely got a ton of poise and confidence. I think he'll end up challenging for first overall in 2013... I thought he was good before this game but damn... He impressed the hell out of me. He's got a good shot from the point but it's not on target always... His offensive prowess comes from his LASER tape-to-tape passes that almost seemed like frustrated passes... He was definitely frustrated his team was losing. Overall he's going to be an awesome 2-way defender... He sticks to his man like glue and can't be deked out...
He'll be a surefire top 5 pick and IMHO a challenger for 1st overall.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Garyboy

Would you agree that he needs to improve his lateral movement? I remember him having difficulty with Team Ontario's forwards cycling and genereal shiftiness in the World Hockey Challenge final.

Great skater and makes a very nice first pass. I just remember him having some trouble in his own zone with shifty forwards. Thanks for your input.

Old
10-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Would you agree that he needs to improve his lateral movement? I remember him having difficulty with Team Ontario's forwards cycling and genereal shiftiness in the World Hockey Challenge final.

Great skater and makes a very nice first pass. I just remember him having some trouble in his own zone with shifty forwards. Thanks for your input.
When I saw him that didn't seem to be much of an issue. He could but the breaks on easily to cover guys like Nick Shore and Luke Salazar who were extremely shifty. When he has the puck he's not agile but he's fast and can easily pick an open piece of ice to blast through and find someone to get the puck to.

His shot from the point is pretty terrible. A few times he resorted to using a wrister that went wide... He will not be a goalscorer but his passing is already NHL level. They're tape-to-tape through traffic... It's insanity.

Closed Thread