HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR Players

Old
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Alright I don't want to turn this into a Mat Moulson debate.

I just want to stockpile offers just out of shear curiosity.

06-02-2011, 12:11 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
Thats only because Streit missed the Whole year him being our offensive catalyst and all

And Jonathan Pap got 18 because he was playing with Moulson and JT, and youre right he is terrible. if they had a real hockey player on their line with the Moulson gets 40

Pap got 18 because nobody covered him, they focused on Moulson and JT, leaving Pap all alone, and if he didnt fall down he could get a shot off......
I think you got your PAPs mixed up. But hey, glad to know HF users know what they are talking about.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:27 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
Agreed that signifigant trades between the two teams will never happen, but that's the only thing I agree with you on. I wouldnt do this if I am the Islanders. You do realize that if Moulson was on your team he would have lead your team in goals, and he has two conseuctive 30 goal seasons. I am sorry but Anisimov isn't anything special, he is a 3rd line center who can score 20 goals a year. Del Zotto regressed big time this season, dont get me wrong, he still has the potential to be a pretty good defensemen and a PP QB, but I wouldn't exactly say he's worth trading Moulson for. Isles pass big time
Anthony, you're not that dumb, but you're sure sounding like it right now.

Anisimov a 20 goal 3rd line center at his very peak? Sorry, but a guy that put up the numbers he put up in only his 2nd season while getting mainly 3rd line ice time (they broke up the Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line for quite some time, injuries didn't help either) can't exactly be rendered as a "20 goal 3rd line center" at his peak.

I'd love to see Jamo's reaction to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues22 View Post
Moulson is Steve Vickers reincarnated, vickers had more points but the game was wide open then, Billy Fairbairn always said Vickers had no Hockey Skills, he just knew how to score....

same with Moulson
Sorry, but even Vickers scored just under 250 goals in just under 700 games. Not bad for someone who had "no hockey skills".

Moulson doesn't score 30 goals on a team where he's not getting that kind of ice time.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:56 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

What about this:
To Anaheim:
Dan Girardi – 31 points, +7, lead the league in blocked shots.
Artem Anisimov – 44 points, +3
Chris Kreider – Rangers top draft prospect
NYR 1st (#15) 2011
To NYR:
Bobby Ryan

What else would we need to add IF (everything on this board is hypothetical haha) he was available?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
What about this:
To Anaheim:
NYR 1st (#15) 2011
To NYR:
Bobby Ryan

What else would we need to add IF (everything on this board is hypothetical haha) he was available?
That package won't land you Bobby Ryan. There needs to be a better piece from the Rangers going back the other way. Dubinsky++ might work, giving them back some of what they lose in Ryan, but more than likely they will want Staal, and I can't blame them for that.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 08:57 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
That package won't land you Bobby Ryan. There needs to be a better piece from the Rangers going back the other way. Dubinsky++ might work, giving them back some of what they lose in Ryan, but more than likely they will want Staal, and I can't blame them for that.
Totally understandable, I'm just turning on the sather factor here and the fact that Anaheims defense did them in. Girardi is probably in the top 3 of underrated d-men in the NHL.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Anthony, you're not that dumb, but you're sure sounding like it right now.

Anisimov a 20 goal 3rd line center at his very peak? Sorry, but a guy that put up the numbers he put up in only his 2nd season while getting mainly 3rd line ice time (they broke up the Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line for quite some time, injuries didn't help either) can't exactly be rendered as a "20 goal 3rd line center" at his peak.

I'd love to see Jamo's reaction to this.

Sorry, but even Vickers scored just under 250 goals in just under 700 games. Not bad for someone who had "no hockey skills".

Moulson doesn't score 30 goals on a team where he's not getting that kind of ice time.
As usual, Coldshot hits the nail on the head.
Anisimov is not chump change for a deal; can be had, but real serious return needs come this way.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 09:18 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
What about this:
To Anaheim:
NYR 1st (#15) 2011
To NYR:
Bobby Ryan

No AA and Kreider in this deal.
Want to add to Girardi + our 1st for Ryan?
I'm listening.

But whether or not it is too much value wise, Rangers don't have depth to do that combination for that return.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
I think you got your PAPs mixed up. But hey, glad to know HF users know what they are talking about.
i was responding to a poster named Jonathan, so the only one who didnt know what he was talking about was you

Pierre-Alexandre "P. A." Parenteau, or PAP for short is one year removed from your team, how can you not know his name?

i didnt get it mixed up you didnt read who i was responding to

But hey, as ou say glad to know HF users know what they are talking about.

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 09:27 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
No AA and Kreider in this deal.
Want to add to Girardi + our 1st for Ryan?
I'm listening.

But whether or not it is too much value wise, Rangers don't have depth to do that combination for that return.
If Rangers sign Richards then we absolutely do. Stepan steps in as the number 2, Boyle the 3rd C. Your top 2 LWs are Ryan and Dubinsky. Still have Christian Thomas.
And it's not even enough valuewise, we would def be adding. I'm just suggesting that as a base.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post

coldshot no offense, because youre one of the smartest rangers posters on here, but vickers had 246 goals in 698 games, Moulson has 67 in 193 games, if you extrapolate that over 698 games, Moulson would have 242.

When you account for the changes in the game that account for less scoring in 35 years, Moulson is Vickers

and Fairbairns comment was a line that Bill Chadwick a former Rangers broadcaster made semi famous, as the "Big Whistle" often did back in the day. I just remember it because Vickers was my favorite player as a tyke, for a year before the Isles came along.....

Im sure Fairbairn was tweaking his linemate when he said it

Old
06-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
As usual, Coldshot hits the nail on the head.
Anisimov is not chump change for a deal; can be had, but real serious return needs come this way.
coldshot does know his stuff, and I wasnt devaluing AA in any way. alot of isles fans wouldnt trade Moulson, but the reason i would is because I do not devalue them at all.

I do think that ranger fans do devalue moulson however

The guy has 2 seasons in the league and 30 goals or better in each, he's not great, no one is saying he is, but nowadays when even a guy like Kovalchuk can score 31 (just as Moulson did) or Ovechkin,who had 32, its nothing to sneeze at.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Honestly, let's just move past this. Rangers and Isles aren't trading and we don't want Molson. Not a slight on him, but let's just end the pissing contest because the reality of it is what it is.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Totally understandable, I'm just turning on the sather factor here and the fact that Anaheims defense did them in. Girardi is probably in the top 3 of underrated d-men in the NHL.
I agree. Girardi is very underrated, but he can't be the main piece of a deal like this, even if his value is being fairly gauged. Girardi is consistent, but he has very little upside left in him. Anaheim would want one of our good, young roster players who hasn't peaked. In my mind, that's Dubinsky or Staal. Anyone else as the centerpiece makes no sense for them. I'm assuming that Lundqvist and Callahan are untouchables, and Gaborik makes no sense as we're trying to add 1st line talent, not make a lateral move.

Our defense instantly gets alot greener and weaker with the subtraction of Staal, so that really only leaves Dubinsky. I think Dubinsky could put up big numbers on a line with Getzlaf and Perry. Certainly not as good as Ryan, but a decent return for the Ducks if whatever they get on top of Dubinsky fills a hole on their team. I don't know how much it would take on top of Dubinsky to get it done. Maybe Ducks fans can comment?

I'm not very good at trades, but maybe something like this would work:

To Anaheim:
Brandon Dubinsky
Michael Sauer
Tomas Kundratek
2nd 2012

To New York:
Bobby Ryan
3rd 2012

I personally don't like giving up that much, but that's what I think it takes to get it done. Anaheim gets Dubinsky, who can give them back much of the production that they lost in Ryan. They also get Sauer, who adds grit and stay-at-home presence to their blueline corps. To sweeten the pot, they also get Kundratek, a solid and nearly NHL ready dman with a big frame, plus they get a better pick next year.

Don't flame me too bad, I literally never make trade proposals.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Just out of curiousity, completely hypothetical in every aspect of this post.

With the addition of Erixon today it seems we have quite the logjam of quality defensemen in our system.

Now suppose we sign Brad Richards. We need a top line LW to go on a line with Richards and Gaborik.

Suppose we wanted to package Michael Del Zotto, Artem Anisimov, and our 1st Round Pick this year (15th overall).

What would you send back our way.

Again, purely hypothetical, I am not advocating the Rangers trading anyone.
Heatley. Heater is a guy who will do well for you for 1-3 years and then need a change of scenery. With Gabs and (presumably) Richards already there, it would give you guys a ridiculous top line.

Will this fit under the cap? uhh.. doubtful.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
Heatley. Heater is a guy who will do well for you for 1-3 years and then need a change of scenery. With Gabs and (presumably) Richards already there, it would give you guys a ridiculous top line.

Will this fit under the cap? uhh.. doubtful.
I want absolutely no part of Heatley. Maybe other Ranger fans feel differently, but I think he has no heart. After going through the dark ages post-97 up until the lockout, we finally have a team that works hard and lays it all on the line. Sure, we lack top-end talent, but Heatley is not worth what it would take to acquire him, and is not what this team needs.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:42 AM
rlaw88
You've been Oshied!

You could get Perron from the Blues with that package, but I have a feeling he's not the "top line LW" you have in mind. Beyond Perron, our depth at LW isn't that great (Steen, McDonald).

rlaw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:43 AM
veedubn1

Quote:
I'm not very good at trades, but maybe something like this would work:

To Anaheim:
Brandon Dubinsky
Michael Sauer
Tomas Kundratek
2nd 2012

To New York:
Bobby Ryan
3rd 2012

I personally don't like giving up that much, but that's what I think it takes to get it done. Anaheim gets Dubinsky, who can give them back much of the production that they lost in Ryan. They also get Sauer, who adds grit and stay-at-home presence to their blueline corps. To sweeten the pot, they also get Kundratek, a solid and nearly NHL ready dman with a big frame, plus they get a better pick next year.

Don't flame me too bad, I literally never make trade proposals.
You definitely need to aim lower than Ryan. Especially considering neither Staal or Kreider is involved in your proposal.

Ryan is just too good and he's signed to an incredibly cap friendly deal.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:04 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
You definitely need to aim lower than Ryan. Especially considering neither Staal or Kreider is involved in your proposal.

Which is why I suggested the proposal I suggested.* Girardi doesn’t have a flashy name but he would be an absolute anchor on the Anaheim blueline for years to come.* Sure his points will probably top out at 30-35, but his defensive stats like blocked shots and plus/minus will only continue to improve.* Girardi is more than dependable, he can play in every situation and can be TRUSTED in every situation.* He’s our number 2 guy and we would miss him severely.* And with the forward prospects the ducks have coming up (etem, palmieri, smith-pelley and then Kreider) they could more than replace him and they wont be hurting for goals anytime soon.* Anaheim shores up their defense, adds a top forward prospect and another first which they could package to move up in the draft or even for another player.* Also adding in Artem Anisimov gives them a young, skilled and defensively responsible number 2 center who will be a player in this league.* I’d even add to that package as well.* Another D Prospect like McIlrath or Valentenko for sure.*****

Old
06-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:

I think you're undervaluing Sauer. He is a big piece of the deal.

Old
06-02-2011, 11:15 AM
NYRCC

Quote:
I think you're undervaluing Sauer. He is a big piece of the deal.

give it another year or two and most people won't be making that same mistake. sauer is solid as ****.

NYRCC is offline   Reply With Quote