HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2011, 11:21 PM
darrens18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Somebody wants to get drafted
Haha I'm not even in the draft. I forgot to join in on it. But in all seriousness I hope to make it out to a few games next year. You guys have a solid team that is set for the future.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
OK, strategy time here.

Need someone to step up and run our draft board for the upcoming dispersal draft. Requirements are that you must start and maintain a thread for the draft, recruit and scout the eligible and all interested parties, and design a avatar for our draft picks and any "undrafted free agents" that we might acquire. All dispersal draft strategy should be discussed in the new thread. Trading of picks prior to the draft is now allowed with permission from The Commish. Put your own spin on this...

Let's have some fun with this!

Old
06-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrens18 View Post
Haha I'm not even in the draft. I forgot to join in on it. But in all seriousness I hope to make it out to a few games next year. You guys have a solid team that is set for the future.
An undrafted free agent! Welcome to the board!

Old
06-02-2011, 02:03 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestodestiny View Post
Hey Preds fans, I just want to thank you for the support.
This times 10000000. Preds, Jackets, Canes and Yotes fans have been nothing short of amazing. Seriously guys, it's nice to know that there are some decent folks that still hang out here on these boards.

I've thrown my name in the ring to be drafted by the Preds, and I'll tell you all you need to know about me: I live in Chattanooga, hate hockey elitists, have good friends who are die-hard Preds fans, and Nashville has won every game I've ever been to at Bridgestone. Granted, that was only one game, but still...

Old
06-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I am proud to be a Southern Hockey fan. I welcome any Thrasher fan into our fold. You are welcome here. I mourn the loss of your team just as every fan of the game should. I do not think your team should've moved. I know my sympathy will do very little to ease your pain but know that you are always welcome in the Nashville Boards!

Old
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

I would totally welcome as much support as possible for displaced Thrasher fans, and not just because it would mean more money for the organization. It really sucks that there's a few thousand real, passionate hockey fans--just like you and me me--who just lost their team.

Wouldn't it be cool to see a few hundred people streaming into the games wearing modified jerseys that were 1/2 ATL and 1/2 NSH. I think it would be a cool thing. They would be welcomed with open arms by Nashville folks and find camaraderie with one another by being able to easily identify each other.

It would sort of be saying, "I'll always be a Thrasher fan at heart, but I'm still a fan of hockey, so I'll give the Preds a chance." The split jersey would sort of be a badge of honor, that they went through hell losing their team, but are proof that there were in fact passionate hockey in Atlanta."

Old
06-02-2011, 09:24 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

My son will be turning 1 in a couple months and I hope to get him to some games. Looking forward to hitting Nashville next year

Old
06-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Stealing that for an avatar if you dont mind....

Old
06-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
OK, strategy time here.

Need someone to step up and run our draft board for the upcoming dispersal draft. Requirements are that you must start and maintain a thread for the draft, recruit and scout the eligible and all interested parties, and design a avatar for our draft picks and any "undrafted free agents" that we might acquire. All dispersal draft strategy should be discussed in the new thread. Trading of picks prior to the draft is now allowed with permission from The Commish. Put your own spin on this...

If no one else is interested, I'll take this one. Not sure if my shopping skills are up to standards for making an avy, so any help on that would be greatly appreciated. Should I go ahead and start the thread SLake?

EDIT: BFC can take this one

Old
06-02-2011, 09:34 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
OK, strategy time here.

I'm the draft freak here. (The NFL and NHL drafts I free base.)

Nashville Predators Fanbase analysis.

Strengths: Posters who aren't tools. Respectful and show class. They have the photoshop manipulator in Worst who's coming into his own in embracing the concept of 'music city' with his two past avatars 'iPreds' and 'Do it for Warren'. Positions of moderators was always a key of strength with the Preds with SLake and golfmade. The retirement of Bigfatcat999 from the moderator position has not hurt matters and frankly should help Nashville's standing as one of the better boards.

Weaknesses: Numbers. Nashville could afford some depth of character but other than that, not much. Nashville should make hay with their territorial picks.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 06-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old
06-02-2011, 10:01 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Speaking of sanctuary, should the Preds adopt Atlanta's mascot so Gnash and Thash can be co-mascots?

Old
06-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Speaking of sanctuary, should the Preds adopt Atlanta's mascot so Gnash and Thash can be co-mascots?
Id rather not do that....but its not an awful idea.

So are you taking the drafting position BFC?

Old
06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Legionnaire11

I think something more subtle than 50/50 would be more appropriate, like a preds jersey with thrashers shoulder patches, or for something more unique I put this one together...

Old
06-02-2011, 10:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

So are you taking the drafting position BFC?
If Seth and Golf made would like.

1. Telfo
2. Juzmo---Nashville,Dallas,Minnesota,St. Louis ,Jersey, Colorado, Calgary, Carolina
3. cws---Boston,Nashville,Colorado,Minnesota,C-Bus,Carolina,Florida
4. SilverRiver89---Florida,Nashville,Anaheim,San Jose,Dallas, St Louis,Washington (will not report to: Any Canadian team, Bolts, Kings, Wings)
5. Toxostoma Rufum
6. ThrasherMinion---Jersey,Carolina,Florida,Dallas,Ottawa,NY Rangers
7. puckguy11
8. ATL Thrasher 344--Ducksa,Hawks,Kings,Preds,Bruins,Jersey,San Jose
9. flerd_trandle
10.Sabreality
11.Duke49
12.Juneemoon
13. AtlantaSportsFan/John Cena
14.Rhodes 81--Chicago,Jersey,Dallas,Washington,Nashville,Detroit ,Buffalo,Boston (will not report: Canes, Bolts, Rangers, any Canadian team)
15.Netminder 17
16.Robar
17.Manifestodestiny---Nashville,Montreal,Florida,Dallas,San Jose,C-Bus,Philly,Detroit,Phoenix,NY Islanders, Chicago, Minnesota, Colorado, LA, Dallas, Jersey, Buffalo
18.BTN
19.BreaktheWallsDown--Dallas,Detroit,San Jose,Montreal,Nashville,Vancity,Carolina
20.Chipper---Colorado,San Jose,Boston,Chicago,Montreal,Detroit,Van city (speaks French if this interests the Habs contingent)
21.RoyalAir--Preds, Hurricanes,Panthers,Kings,Ducks,Stars,Coyotes (will not report to: A Canadian or Original 6 team)
22.Ashe
23.Sunshine36616--Preds,Devils,Bruins,Sharks,Ducks
24.KevinOneel
25.Johnny8242
26.AintLifeGrand-Colorado, Nashville, Boston, Carolina, Dallas, Calgary, St. Louis, Ottawa, Ny Islanders, Ny Rangers
27.DungeonK
28.Dorncog---Leafs, Sens, Preds, Canucks, Lightning
29.ExplosiveThinMan
30.Shameus
31.Matt Eichenblatt
32.thrashers94
33.GernBlanston
34. Thomas Magnum--Preds,Bruins,Ducks,Sharks,Canes
35. AtlantaWhaler--Nashville, Buffalo, tampa, Winnipeg, Colorado, San Jose
36. HeyYouGuys
37. PHYS251
38. CopernicanRevolution

Lots of potential Nabovkov's in the list. Nashville currently has #23 and #35. We got boned in the draft lottery. Just read it has to be moderators who make the picks but I wonder if ex-mods count

I have my ideas for picks and I will do the stats next time to give everyone a draft preview for the selections.

(I just hope this doesn't screw with my NHL draft selections, but if the Preds keep their 2 2nds they might just get a Shore and a Rask.)

Old
06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Will there be a thread for this or are we just adding it to this one?

Old
06-02-2011, 10:16 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Will there be a thread for this or are we just adding it to this one?
I'm just adding my notes to this but I'll make a new thread.

Old
06-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Legionnaire- I know it wont happen, but if the Preds actually made those jerseys, i might buy one. Those are really nice

Old
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Legionnaire- I know it wont happen, but if the Preds actually made those jerseys, i might buy one. Those are really nice
It'd be cool to see a Suter jersey like that with the old Atlanta Flames A on the chest instead of the Preds A

Last edited by TMI: 06-02-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
kevinqx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I think something more subtle than 50/50 would be more appropriate, like a preds jersey with thrashers shoulder patches, or for something more unique I put this one together...

Yeah I like this one a lot, especially the idea of the fusion between the two jerseys being subtle. I personally like darker colors, but I'd totally be all over that if it were real.

Old
06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I hope like hell that Nashville moves to the SE. We would probably come up for 3 or 4 weekend games if that happens. If they waste Columbus or Detroit on the Eastern move, then I'll probably be done with hockey.

Thanks for the thread and I do hope we get to see Nashy games on Sportsouth instead of Carolina just because of having to see all those reruns of Eric Staal under the Lights.

Ps...incredible jersey above.

Old
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I, for one, am HAPPY and ECSTATIC that the loss of the Thrashers means I'll have even more opportunities to see Eric Staal: Under The Lights!

Old
06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
I, for one, am HAPPY and ECSTATIC that the loss of the Thrashers means I'll have even more opportunities to see Eric Staal: Under The Lights!
Haha something tells me I'm better off not looking any of these clips up on youtube. We don't have anything like that. We do have Crispy's Breakdown during intermissions, but who watches intermissions anyway?

Old
06-03-2011, 08:26 AM
thomas magnum

Just wanted to come by and say that I'm looking to forward to becoming a Preds fan. I've been to a couple of games up there before and you guys have a good atmosphere going on up there. Also met many friendly fans out drinking in bars after the games.

One of my best friends lives up in White Bluff now so I'll be taking opportunities to come up and visit him and see some games.

One of the reasons you should pick me in the draft is my hatred for the Red Wings. I know they might not be in your division forever cuz either you guys or the Wings will probably be moving to the East but I felt I should mention it. My best friend is a HUGE wings fan and I will never root for them.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Haha something tells me I'm better off not looking any of these clips up on youtube. We don't have anything like that. We do have Crispy's Breakdown during intermissions, but who watches intermissions anyway?
you mean Fox Sports doesnt show Eric Staal: Under the Lights before and after EVERY preds game? what is this wizardry!?!?

Old
06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Any word on if SS will show Preds games in Atlanta? I hope so, I would save the $200 on Center Ice if they did.

Closed Thread