HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/cbj

Old
06-01-2011, 11:20 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
i wouldn't trade kulemin for brassard

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Toronto faithful out in full force in this one. It could have been for Ovechkin and we'd get the same remarks. Columbus says hell no, so nothing more to see here, time to leave this one be.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Dylbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Toronto faithful out in full force in this one. It could have been for Ovechkin and we'd get the same remarks. Columbus says hell no, so nothing more to see here, time to leave this one be.
haha...Brassard, Filatov and the 8th pick are FAAAAAAR from being Ovechkin or any other legitimate star in the NHL.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Columbus says hell no, so nothing more to see here, time to leave this one be.
Yeah, as if Toronto says yes to this deal.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Fight Strap

No way from Columbus.

Fight Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:28 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Kulemin numbers are soft in my opinion. I know leaf fans are doing back flips over the kid---but I think outside of TO he falls into the Matt Stajan. Hagman, Ponikarovsky, and a few others who once they moved into a different team--numbers will come back to earth--I know Leaf fans will disagree
Really?!? I've seen all three play and they were all frustrating to watch. If anything, Brassard is most like Stajan. Stajan was soft, inconsistent and couldn't find his niche with the Leafs, Hagman was also inconsistent and invisible, and Poni played a 2-way game but really just lacked skill. Kulemin is none of those things, but even if his scoring dried up, numbers don't tell the whole story and he would still be a useful player.

Btw, Kulemin won RSL MVP in 07, without Malkin.
Quote:
Right now, Kulemin is arguably the best young player in the Russian Super League. He's also a lock for the Russian team at the world championship in Halifax and Quebec.
Quote:
The Leafs can't wait. He's a blue-chip prospect on a team not historically known for developing players.

"The way he plays is a pro-type of all-round game," said Leafs assistant GM Jeff Jackson, who saw Kulemin on a recent European scouting tour. "His skating and his shot and his physicality certainly lead you to believe he can probably step in and play (in the NHL)."

And he's physical. Kulemin told the Russian paper he believes playing one more year in Russia – honing his skills and displaying a relentless, tough power streak – will help him in the NHL. He was asked why he played so tough.

"And what is so bad about that?" he replied. "I think in the NHL, hockey is even tougher and more physical. You can't lose your concentration for one second there. I like these battles."

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:53 AM
TMLOBI

I like how Kulemin is the most over rated and then most under rated player on all of the hfboards! I'm not sure what that means.. but I find it amusing.

Oh the Leafs aren't trading Kulemin unless it is a big overpayment for a legit young top line centre. And I'm not sure that one of those is available.

Take out Gunnarason and I still don't think Burke does this trade. It's not just "Leafs fans" doing back flips over this guy it's also the whole of the Leafs management team.

Brassard is a nice player and he is improving each season as expected but I'm not sure he is on Kulemin's level yet. Filatov can go either way. The 8th might be a nice player in a few years but who knows?

I think Burke want's this team to be the best it can be come next season and the trading of arguably our best player is not going to make us better. Teams don't often trade their best players.. and even less likely when they are 24 and reaching their primes. Yes Kessel is a better offensive player than Kulemin and I'd rather keep Kessel but Kulemin brings a lot that Kessel does not.

Counter offer:

Toronto
8th overall pick

CBJ
Macarthur
Bozak

I still don't know why the Jackets want to trade their first round pick. It's not going to get you a proven star player. Maybe they take a "60" point player and a "1st" line centre for it though?

TMLOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:52 AM
TSA0402

I'm amazed at the amount of Leaf fans that refer to MacArthur as a 60 point player. A quick refresher, a 60 point player is a player who reaches 60 points on a CONSISTENT BASIS. If you like MacArthur as a 60 point player, you'd be a fool not to keep him.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:53 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
As a Toronto fan I wouldn't include Kulemin in this package.
as a Toronto fan, and regardless of how good we think Kulemin will still become, in this trade we are ripping off the BJ's

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:57 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'm amazed at the amount of Leaf fans that refer to MacArthur as a 60 point player. A quick refresher, a 60 point player is a player who reaches 60 points on a CONSISTENT BASIS. If you like MacArthur as a 60 point player, you'd be a fool not to keep him.
No, a 60 point player is any player that has ever in their career scored 60 points. ...a consistent 60 point player he is not.

If you were to ask MacArthur himself, he'd say he was a 60 point player, and why, because he scored 60+ points.

Old
06-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Neither side wants to do this deal. What's left to talk about? Why my players are better than yours and there's no way I'd ever trade them for your players?

Oh yeah...

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 06-02-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
And I felt bad becuase as of late all of the
Kulemin numbers are soft in my opinion. I know leaf fans are doing back flips over the kid---but I think outside of TO he falls into the Matt Stajan. Hagman, Ponikarovsky, and a few others who once they moved into a different team--numbers will come back to earth--I know Leaf fans will disagree
Yeah, move Kulemin to Pens and I bet he'll suck big balls...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 08:18 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
No, a 60 point player is any player that has ever in their career scored 60 points. ...a consistent 60 point player he is not.

If you were to ask MacArthur himself, he'd say he was a 60 point player, and why, because he scored 60+ points.
I'll remember that next time we have Cheechoo. He's a 56 goal man you know. Next time you talk with your buds in SJ, make sure to make mention Heatley is 100 point player too.

A player that consistently does something for period of time is considered that kind of player. If you score 35 goals one year and 10-15 the three previous years you aren't a 35 goal scorer until you prove it consistently. You scored 35 goals once. Its simple.

How would you know what MacArthur thinks? Seriously?

Old
06-02-2011, 09:23 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'll remember that next time we have Cheechoo. He's a 56 goal man you know. Next time you talk with your buds in SJ, make sure to make mention Heatley is 100 point player too.

A player that consistently does something for period of time is considered that kind of player. If you score 35 goals one year and 10-15 the three previous years you aren't a 35 goal scorer until you prove it consistently. You scored 35 goals once. Its simple.

How would you know what MacArthur thinks? Seriously?
Simple? ...sad to say, but, Cheechoo is a 50 goal scorer, and Heatley is a 100 point player, and did it twice ...so is Eric Staal, and Vinnie Lecavalier

though Spezza is not a 100 point player and neither is Stamkos, and why? ...because neither has ever scored 100 points.

Here is another example Jose Theodore is a Heart Trophy winner, though he only won it once, and may have sucked afterwards. It doesnt change the fact that he won it, the same way that it doesnt change the fact that Cheechoo scored over 50 goals, and MacArthur scored over 60 points.

Hockey is not like baseball where steroids turned Brady Anderson into a 50 HR guy for 1 season when his career high before was 21(then dropped to the teens again) ...and hate it or not, he is still a 50 HR guy and the record books prove it. ...not a consistent 50 HR guy, but, still a 50 HR guy.

what would you call Crosby? ...he scored 51 ONCE and other than that ONE time has never broken 40 ...so, does that make him a 35 goal player since that is his average?

Old
06-02-2011, 09:37 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Simple? ...sad to say, but, Cheechoo is a 50 goal scorer, and Heatley is a 100 point player, and did it twice ...so is Eric Staal, and Vinnie Lecavalier

though Spezza is not a 100 point player and neither is Stamkos, and why? ...because neither has ever scored 100 points.

Here is another example Jose Theodore is a Heart Trophy winner, though he only won it once, and may have sucked afterwards. It doesnt change the fact that he won it, the same way that it doesnt change the fact that Cheechoo scored over 50 goals, and MacArthur scored over 60 points.

Hockey is not like baseball where steroids turned Brady Anderson into a 50 HR guy for 1 season when his career high before was 21(then dropped to the teens again) ...and hate it or not, he is still a 50 HR guy and the record books prove it. ...not a consistent 50 HR guy, but, still a 50 HR guy.

what would you call Crosby? ...he scored 51 ONCE and other than that ONE time has never broken 40 ...so, does that make him a 35 goal player since that is his average?
By that logic Brady Anderson is a 50 HR guy. He was a ridiculous flop anyways so thats your piece. Jose Bautista too as of last year, however he proved that consistency isn't going to be an issue.

Cheechoo is barely scoring in the AHL so calling him a 50 goal man in the NHL is way off. Theodore is having trouble finding backup roles so calling him a Vezina goalie is way off. Crosby has recently started with his scoring touch but only hit 50 once so he is a 100+ point player still. Spezza is a PPG player at this stage not a 100 point player. The point is nobody expects MacArthur to repeat and he hasnt proven consistency so he isnt a 60 point man. If the Leafs fans expected him to continue or grow on that, they wouldn't be pawning him off so easily.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Done it once = in a literal sense means that's what they are.

Nikita Filatov is a number 1 rated prospect in the world.

I'd guess that's not the sum total of how GMs and coaches look at it.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 09:46 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

Done it once = in a literal sense means that's what they are.

Nikita Filatov is a number 1 rated prospect in the world.

I'd guess that's not the sum total of how GMs and coaches look at it.
I guess now would be a good time to inquire about a Stamkos/Filatov swap.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:49 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Filly-toff is a Burkie kinda guy and the number one reason this cow won't fly

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Spman48

Are people like against saying "This deal doesn't make sense on either team because the Leafs are too high on Kulemin and the Blue Jackets are too high on Filatov, so let's just walk away"?

People seem to come on here looking for a fight. This deal doesn't make sense for either team. Leafs and Jackets want to get better now. Jacket's are deep on the wing and Brassard doesn't meet the Leafs needs for a bona fide #1 centre or PMD, plus we're giving up a decent PMD in Gunner.

So, in conclusion everybody **** off and stop flaming.... savy?

Spman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Makaveli

Gunnarsson for Filatov

Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Both teams need #1C. Not even sure how each team gets better with the trade.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazon View Post
TOR gets Filatov, 8th overall, and Brassard

CBJ gets Kulemin, Gunnarsson, and BOS 1st Rounder
You successfully contribute to the never ending leaf fans proposals that should never be said. Not even close. Wouldnt give you Brassard for that package let alone Filatov and the 8th all together.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:18 AM
BozakKadriKessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gunnarsson with Schenn

WOWWWW.. so let me get this straight..

Toronto trades :

A 30 goal scorer who is very responsible defensivly
A solid shutdown d-man for years to come
And a late first

Bluejackets trade:

A underachiving center who has great potential
A guy who seemed will never play in the nhl for an extended period of time ( I heard reports it was just the bluejackets and heard he would rather play in russia than the ahl)
And a 8th overall pick...

So kuli greater than bassard....
Schenn is greater then everyone they are getting back..
Who are u going to draft at 8.. is it going to be a player that can step in and fill the shoes of a missing shutdown d or a 30 goal scorer. Toronto would def lose this then... You have made an already bad trade and made it even worse..

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:22 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
You successfully contribute to the never ending leaf fans proposals that should never be said. Not even close. Wouldnt give you Brassard for that package let alone Filatov and the 8th all together.
Lol, there are posters in this thread both leaf and BJ fans that need to give their head a shake. By and large most of the fan base is not like this, but some of the posters that hang out in trade forums all day have no idea what there players are worth. Its insane.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozakKadriKessel View Post
WOWWWW.. so let me get this straight..

Toronto trades :

A 30 goal scorer who is very responsible defensivly
A solid shutdown d-man for years to come
And a late first

Bluejackets trade:

A underachiving center who has great potential
A guy who seemed will never play in the nhl for an extended period of time ( I heard reports it was just the bluejackets and heard he would rather play in russia than the ahl)
And a 8th overall pick...

So kuli greater than bassard....
Schenn is greater then everyone they are getting back..
Who are u going to draft at 8.. is it going to be a player that can step in and fill the shoes of a missing shutdown d or a 30 goal scorer. Toronto would def lose this then... You have made an already bad trade and made it even worse..
Holy overrate your own players much. Your making Schenn out to be Scott Stevens. Brassard is better than Kulemin and fills a huge need. (reason why CBJ wont trade him unless a better center is coming back.) Schenn is a good player, yes but Murphy will probably be there at 8 and will most likely be a great player. Filatov doesnt want to go to Russia so get your ****ing facts straight. Filatov has been injured the whole year and he's been playing through it.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote