HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/cbj

Old
06-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
You successfully contribute to the never ending leaf fans proposals that should never be said. Not even close. Wouldnt give you Brassard for that package let alone Filatov and the 8th all together.
I'm assuming this statement is motivated by the fact that Kulemin is the only truly worthwhile asset in there and he's not a sufficient upgrade, especially given his MacArthur-like "only this year so far" status.

(Just trying to clarify, since folks might well take this to mean "lol kulemin doesnt suck stupid cbj fans" )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
It's quite simple really. Many players are often refered to their top goal scoring totals even durring hockey broadcasts. When talking about consitency and average, that is something different. If a player scores 30 goals, he scores 30 goals. Really, nothing complicated about it.
I think what he is saying is that a player who averages 30-35 goals a season is a 30 goal scorer and should be valued as such. A player with a career season where they reach the 30 goal plateau does not carry the same value as a perennial 30+ goal scorer. And I tend to agree. I think it's too early to consider MacArthur a 60+ point guy, it's too early to dub Kulemin a perennial 30 goal scorer (although I think he will be).

If 1 season defines a player statistically, I'm sure Dallas would consider trading you 56 goal scorer Jonathan Cheechoo for 30 goal scorer Kulemin.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
This is a horrible deal for the Jackets.. It doesn't make their team any better and they lose some very important pieces for their future..

I understand that the Leafs have no interest in trading Kulemin, but if they did, this is major overpayment by the jackets and a very unrealistic package..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Seriously, I'd love Kulemin in a CBJ sweater, but Brassard means more to us. Toronto feels the same about Kulemin.

Both teams can say no to a deal. This thread has basically been "OH YOU SAY NO? HA! WELL WE SAY NO EVEN HARDER THAN YOU. SO TAKE THAT! OUR 'NO' IS BETTER THAN YOURS."

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Seriously, I'd love Kulemin in a CBJ sweater, but Brassard means more to us. Toronto feels the same about Kulemin.

Both teams can say no to a deal. This thread has basically been "OH YOU SAY NO? HA! WELL WE SAY NO EVEN HARDER THAN YOU. SO TAKE THAT! OUR 'NO' IS BETTER THAN YOURS."
90% threads in this section look like this...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Holy overrate your own players much. Your making Schenn out to be Scott Stevens. Brassard is better than Kulemin and fills a huge need. (reason why CBJ wont trade him unless a better center is coming back.) Schenn is a good player, yes but Murphy will probably be there at 8 and will most likely be a great player. Filatov doesnt want to go to Russia so get your ****ing facts straight. Filatov has been injured the whole year and he's been playing through it.

Get your ****ing facts straight buddy, how the **** is Brassard better than Kulemin. Talk about over rating your players ....

And Murphy better than Schenn? Hahaha, he hasn't even played a ****ing game yet. Schenn is already a top shutdown defenseman.

The amount of Leafs hate on this board is ridiculous. Watch a ****ing game first before you label Brassard better than Kulimen, or Murphy better than Schenn.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

why is there a sens fan even whining about macarthur in this thread? can't troll kulemin so you'll nitpick one thing that has nothing to do with the proposal

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
dubplatepressure

Wouldn't

Filatov
8th overall

for

Gunnarson
2 1st round picks 2011
3rd round 2011/2012
D'amigo/Ross

be a little fairer?

My thoughs on this are that Gunnarson, pick & prospect would be needed for Filatov, and them supplement that with the 2 late 1sts to move up to 8th.

May not be perfect, but it seems much fairer. You can't add Brassard in there, it's entirely out of the question.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Wouldn't

Filatov
8th overall

for

Gunnarson
2 1st round picks 2011
3rd round 2011/2012
D'amigo/Ross

be a little fairer?

My thoughs on this are that Gunnarson, pick & prospect would be needed for Filatov, and them supplement that with the 2 late 1sts to move up to 8th.

May not be perfect, but it seems much fairer. You can't add Brassard in there, it's entirely out of the question.
Leafs do not want Filatov. At all.

There is also a lot of value difference between Ross and D'amigo imo.

Old
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Leafs do not want Filatov. At all.

There is also a lot of value difference between Ross and D'amigo imo.
We don't?!

Speak for yourself. I'd love to land him at a reasonable return - we could use the depth at LW, and if we're shopping MaC Filatov might make a great replacement for him.

Old
06-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
We don't?!

Speak for yourself. I'd love to land him at a reasonable return - we could use the depth at LW, and if we're shopping MaC Filatov might make a great replacement for him.
Yes, because Filatov just screams "Burke type player"

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
We don't?!

Honestly, I think the only flaw in that argument is the whole "shopping MaC" thing, but I doubt that'll stop anytime soon.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Yes, because Filatov just screams "Burke type player"
Oh get over it.

Kessel just screamed "Burke type player" too didn't he? And look what happened there.

It's a general philosophy and will not and should not be applied to every single player in every single situation. You need grit on a team, and Burke simply wants to surround his finesse scorers with some size and sandpaper.

Old
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
We don't?!

No we don't. And I'm sure Burke doesn't either.

Our depth at left wing is fine considering Kulemin-Macarthur-Frattin-Lupul-Kadri are all capable of playing Left wing.

We need a #1 center, so unless Filabust can be used as trade bait to land one, his acquisition would be useless.

He would look pretty good as our 3rd line left wing though ....... In the AHL

Old
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Oh get over it.

Kessel just screamed "Burke type player" too didn't he? And look what happened there.

It's a general philosophy and will not and should not be applied to every single player in every single situation. You need grit on a team, and Burke simply wants to surround his finesse scorers with some size and sandpaper.
Not the type of player I'm referring to, but the character of said player.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:40 PM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think what he is saying is that a player who averages 30-35 goals a season is a 30 goal scorer and should be valued as such. A player with a career season where they reach the 30 goal plateau does not carry the same value as a perennial 30+ goal scorer. And I tend to agree. I think it's too early to consider MacArthur a 60+ point guy, it's too early to dub Kulemin a perennial 30 goal scorer (although I think he will be).

If 1 season defines a player statistically, I'm sure Dallas would consider trading you 56 goal scorer Jonathan Cheechoo for 30 goal scorer Kulemin.
I was looking for an example, and that is a perfect one. Thank you.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Wow Leaf fans, you completely overrated your players. CBJ is getting ripped off here. And you seem to think a player with one 60 point season is the best thing ever...

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 04:40 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Wow Leaf fans, you completely overrated your players. CBJ is getting ripped off here. And you seem to think a player with one 60 point season is the best thing ever...
Didn't you already apologize in a different thread this week for your lack of knowledge about the Leafs and their players?

MacArthur is not the best thing ever, Kulemin is.... and he's the guy we're not trading, regardless of what other teams think his value is.

Just curious, what is MacArthur's value in your opinion? Apparently young wingers who have scored 60 pts (even if only once) in their career are worthless? I would prefer to keep MacArthur also, if it were up to me of course.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
And a player who had never reached 20 goals or 50 points is? Age is no excuse as Kulemin is only 1 year older.

Old
06-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:33 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
You mean kinda like Chris Stewart was the best thing to happen to Colorado then was the centre-piece to a deal involving Erik Johnson? Stewart and Kulemin are comparable players..

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:42 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
You mean kinda like Chris Stewart was the best thing to happen to Colorado then was the centre-piece to a deal involving Erik Johnson? Stewart and Kulemin are comparable players..
Agreed, but as it pertains to that trade I think it was more circumstantial in Johnson needed a change of scenery.

Old
06-02-2011, 06:26 PM
oats
outshot

no from a leafs fan... its close in value imo but it doesnt meet either teams needs

oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Not the type of player I'm referring to, but the character of said player.
Maybe I'm lost but are you implying that Kessel doesn't have character flaws but Filatov does?

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Maybe I'm lost but are you implying that Kessel doesn't have character flaws but Filatov does?
Kessel does not have character flaws, he's a good kid.