Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

ECHL Protected players list

Old
06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Johnny8242

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
ECHL Protected players list

I think their due today. Will they be announced today?

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 01:10 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://echl.com/echl-announces-protected-lists-p171255

Seems to take 'em a day to release the lists publicly.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:20 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Why would Reading for example protect Brett Gallant who already signed a contract with the Bridgeport SoundTigers?

Our list looks weak:

Tristin Llewellyn, Chris Frank, Vinny Geonnetti, David Sloane, R.J. Anderson, Patrick Coulombe, Scott Wietecha, Marc-Antoine Desnoyers, Guillaume Lepine, Drew Paris, Dale Mahovsky, Andrew Favot, Ian McDonald, Michael Dubuc, Andrew Sweetland, Kevin DeVergilio, Thomas Beauregard, Oren Eizenman and Tyler Donati

Nothing like taking a bunch of scrubs you suffered through the end of the season with due to being shorthanded.

Nothing like protecting guys who are overseas.

Nothing like protecting a guy who never dressed for you last season.

Nothing like protecting a guy that went overseas midseason and had a terrible +/-(DeVergilio)

Last but not least, nothing like protecting guys who are injury prone with current concussionbs(Sweetland and Dubuc)

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Why would Reading for example protect Brett Gallant who already signed a contract with the Bridgeport SoundTigers?

Our list looks weak:

Tristin Llewellyn, Chris Frank, Vinny Geonnetti, David Sloane, R.J. Anderson, Patrick Coulombe, Scott Wietecha, Marc-Antoine Desnoyers, Guillaume Lepine, Drew Paris, Dale Mahovsky, Andrew Favot, Ian McDonald, Michael Dubuc, Andrew Sweetland, Kevin DeVergilio, Thomas Beauregard, Oren Eizenman and Tyler Donati

Nothing like taking a bunch of scrubs you suffered through the end of the season with due to being shorthanded.

Nothing like protecting guys who are overseas.

Nothing like protecting a guy who never dressed for you last season.

Nothing like protecting a guy that went overseas midseason and had a terrible +/-(DeVergilio)

Last but not least, nothing like protecting guys who are injury prone with current concussionbs(Sweetland and Dubuc)

Yeah the Donati's are heading to Europe. They usually from what I hear just protect the rights of whoever they can because they can use their "rights" as trades. It doesn't make sense why you would want a guy in Europe but it happens from time to time.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Yeah the Donati's are heading to Europe. They usually from what I hear just protect the rights of whoever they can because they can use their "rights" as trades. It doesn't make sense why you would want a guy in Europe but it happens from time to time.
Thank god. They wore out their welcome. One way players. They can't take a hit either or give one. Good teams shut them down. They can exose the Wheelings and Trenton's and Reading's of the world. But the southern teams always contained them(except for a game in Gwinnett where we scored 11 goals back in November of 09) Why of the 2 Tyler is on this list is beyond me, we never signed him last season.

Beauregard, yuck....Greenville should thank us for Connolly(who never showed anything here that he was THAT good) Why greenville protected Gratchev is beyond me, we hardly saw him here when we had him. I doubt he'll ever play in Greenville. Martinson would love that trade back.

Is this the list the Final 8 protected list comes from? My hopes arwen't very high on this protected list to be then. But dang, I love the list your Road Warriors put out today.

Old
06-02-2011, 05:36 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Because you benefit from either getting the player back because you have his rights or if they want him to go to their ECHL affiliate (Kalamazoo or whomever it may be next season), the ECHL team has to trade to get the rights for that player.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:38 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panda Bolt View Post
Because you benefit from either getting the player back because you have his rights or if they want him to go to their ECHL affiliate (Kalamazoo or whomever it may be next season), the ECHL team has to trade to get the rights for that player.
Hahahaha, not much will be haved for Brett Gallant. Enforcers(if you could even call him that)aren't worth much.

Old
06-02-2011, 07:19 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

I'm just saying that's the thought process behind the action in general. Not the thought process behind this incident.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote