HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards News Part III (Dallas Not Offering Contract)

View Poll Results: What is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM you would pay Brad Richards?
$6 over 5 years 17 13.39%
$6.5 over 6 years 18 14.17%
$7 over 6 years 41 32.28%
$7 over 7 years 17 13.39%
$7.5 over 7 years 23 18.11%
$7.5 over 8 years 4 3.15%
$8 over 8 years 1 0.79%
$8.5 over 8 years 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2011, 07:35 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Can someone check to make sure I did this all right?

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Jussi Jokinen ($3.500m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.750m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.500m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($1.500m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($2.000m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $63,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,312,500; BONUSES: $2,125,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,187,500

This isn't counting Drury and Wolski's buyout which totals near 4 mill.

I don't understand if I did this right why they say we have no room to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
No one with any real understanding of the Rangers situation thinks we can't do this. Hell, we can sign Richards without any buyouts at all, at the moment.
Fans of other teams like to keep up the delusion that we won't sign Richards because we can't. The longer they keep up this delusion, the more hope they have of signing him themselves.

Old
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Jokinen was traded to TB for Richards right? Funny if he comes here if Richards does as well. I always loved JJ. He's been awesome in Carolina the past two seasons.

Old
06-02-2011, 08:21 PM
CM PUNK

tried to find today's nhl live to hear what was said but the last one posted is 5/25...is nhl.com really that far behind??

anyone know where it can be found?

Old
06-02-2011, 08:23 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Jokinen was traded to TB for Richards right? Funny if he comes here if Richards does as well. I always loved JJ. He's been awesome in Carolina the past two seasons.
yep he was

Quote:
2008-Feb-26 Traded from Tampa Bay Lightning with Johan Holmqvist to Dallas Stars for Jeff Halpern, Mike Smith, Jussi Jokinen and round 4 pick in the 2009 draft

Old
06-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
I still think they are going to simply keep Wolski for one more year instead of throwing money at a UFA over a multi yr deal.

Richards is the only FA I want. Kids in the rest of the spots

C, Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Boyle
RW Gaborik, Callahan, Zuccarello, Prust
LW Dubinsky, Wolski, Avery, battle between Grachev/Hagelin
spare Mitchell with Weise, Kolarik, Newbury in CT on call

D- Staal, Giarardi, McDonaugh, Sauer, Erixon,Del Zotto , Valentenko

G, King, Biron

Let all the UFA's walk, they are old even though they are troopers, meaning Feds and Prospal

Old
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I want one more high end offensive threat outside of Richards and Gaborik. Since sather did call Edmonton about hemsky at the deadline, I wonder if he makes a visit there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I still think they are going to simply keep Wolski for one more year instead of throwing money at a UFA over a multi yr deal.

G, King, Biron

Let all the UFA's walk, they are old even though they are troopers, meaning Feds and Prospal

Old
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm sure he'll waive his NTC for his rights. If he truly wants to see what his options are as he was quoted saying, he will listen to their pitch and wait till July 1st to sign knowing some team wanted him so much, they gave up assets to do it and that might mean something to him. Any trade will have a conditional (if he doesn't sign...)

Old
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

G, King, Biron

I would honestly buy-out Wolski and try to sign Brunette on a 1-year deal for 2-2.5 million. Adds a veteran presence who will go to the net on the PP and is a consistent performer. Half-way through the season, if a young player is ready to step up, say Grachev or Kreider or Hagelin, then he has value and can be moved for a pick or prospect adding an asset to the organization.

I would also like to see Konopka or Rupp brought in to solidify the 4th line and take some of the fighting duties away from Prust who should concentrate on playing as he has turned into a VERY solid performer and valuable on the PK and even strength.

Brunette-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider/Grachev-Stepan-MZA/Thomas
Rupp/Boyle-Boyle/Konopka-Prust
Fedotenko

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Valentenko-Erixon
Gilroy

Old
06-02-2011, 09:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Burnette on the top line LW spot, I know he has chemistry with Gabs but no thank you.

06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Burnette on the top line LW spot, I know he has chemistry with Gabs but no thank you.
Sean Avery was there this season. So was Fedotenko. Its a hell of a lot better option than overspending on Jokinen. Switch Dubinsky and Brunette if you want to.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Sean Avery was there this season. So was Fedotenko. Its a hell of a lot better option than overspending on Jokinen. Switch Dubinsky and Brunette if you want to.
I prefer, through trade, to try to use our excess defensive pieces to go out and get a young elite LW.

Avery did not belong in that spot and Fedotenko was good there but only for a short period of time.

Jokinen is one hell of a player and I personally feel like spending a couple mill more a year is ok given the talent difference.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Brunette is too old, may as well sign Prospal if u go that route. I still think Wolski has game but maybe I am too hopefull

Old
06-02-2011, 09:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I prefer, through trade, to try to use our excess defensive pieces to go out and get a young elite LW.

Avery did not belong in that spot and Fedotenko was good there but only for a short period of time.

Jokinen is one hell of a player and I personally feel like spending a couple mill more a year is ok given the talent difference.
If it was 1-2 years I would agree. I am going to imagine Jokinen is going to get a 4-5 year deal from someone as he is not old and it is going to be around 4-4.5 million/season. Pass on that.

Brunette would be nothing more than a stop-gap who can teach the young kids a trick or two that he has learned throughout his career.

Prospal has 1 leg left. Pass on him.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

The best I would do on Jokinen is 3-5 years and 3.5-4 mill.

I would be happy with 4 for 3.75.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
The best I would do on Jokinen is 3-5 years and 3.5-4 mill.

I would be happy with 4 for 3.75.
I think the team that signs him will regret it. Unless it is Carolina.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:39 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
thats definitely a possibility...erik cole will probably get too much $$ for us to fit him under the cap. and none of the other wingers really excite me that much...someone like leino or upshall might be nice, relatively cheap additions to play on stepan's line...

and not signing a longer deal, potential ufas next summer include semin, hemsky, sharp and parise...need more cap space than just wolski's but all better options then currently out there.

but the big question is what wingers might currently be available via trade...i think a trade for a top LW is more likely than a signing.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Ke11y96

Talking about these potential left wingers the only two worth looking into would be Jokinen and Laich. I'd put Fleischmann in there as well but his health reports from what I hear aren't that great still.

Laich vs Jokinen is the real trick both put up similar numbers but clearly different styles. I'd like to have either one but that grit and go to the net ability in Laich is key especially since we could use a 6'2 guy with a decent set of mitts to protect Richards and Gabby. But these are the only two in free agency worth looking at..

On the trade front I think Booth would be worth a lengthly look, and Voracek as well after that I saw someone mentioned Hemsky..if Hemsky or Gabby would move to Lw that would be my top option by far...The hands of Richards, Gabby, and Hemsky would be damn tough to defend, it would just scare me everytime one of them got hit is all. At the end of the day though any one of these potential pick up wingers would be a great fit.

Old
06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
CM PUNK

jokinen is 1 year removed from a 30 goal season...and he was 'down' this year only 20% on shootouts but guy is a beast in shootouts throughout his career which is a big plus in his favor if EC and wolski are gone cause those 2 earned us a bunch of points in shootouts.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Rangers4Life74

im in the minority,but i would rather have Wolski and his cap hit compared to Jokinen and whatever his will be.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Neither Brad Richards nor his agent said the Lightning will have an edge if it wants to pursue the former Tampa Bay star in free agency.

But both indicated Thursday that Richards, who has spent three-plus seasons with the Stars and will be an unrestricted free agent July 1, will listen if the Lightning comes calling.

"I never really wanted to leave Tampa," Richards told the St. Petersburg Times. "So, obviously, on July 1, if they talk to me, it's going to be something I'll listen to because of my history there."
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...cle1173346.ece

TB is going to pay both Stamkos and Richards? They're a budget team. TB spent $50M this season and will spend in that same range next season(maybe a little more). $36M in commitments. Stamkos will cost $7M plus. Purcell will get $3M as an arbitration eligible player. Brewer and Bergenheim are group IIIs. Lundin is a group II. They don't have an experienced goalie under contract.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

As i've said since the beginning, Richards to TB is redundant and would be adding an elite player to an already great forward group while ignoring defense and goaltending.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...cle1173346.ece

TB is going to pay both Stamkos and Richards? They're a budget team. TB spent $50M this season and will spend in that same range next season(maybe a little more). $36M in commitments. Stamkos will cost $7M plus. Purcell will get $3M as an arbitration eligible player. Brewer and Bergenheim are group IIIs. Lundin is a group II. They don't have an experienced goalie under contract.
They'll get close to the max and they'll re-sign Smith and Roloson - either under similar contracts or less, in my opinion. I can see them doing it.

Vinik has the money.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

If Tampa wants to sign him, i'm all for it.

They'll have a AMAZING forward depth....and **** defense and questions in net
a 42 year old roloson and mike smith
They'll be like the Flyers of the south

Yzerman is smarter than that.

Old
06-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
If Tampa wants to sign him, i'm all for it.

They'll have a AMAZING forward depth....and **** defense and questions in net
a 42 year old roloson and mike smith
They'll be like the Flyers of the south

Yzerman is smarter than that.
I agree. I was just stating how they can do it, but they'd obviously be leaving wholes open.

That's their two biggest problems. Roloson and Smith isn't going to cut it.

I don't think he's going to Tampa, but I can surely see them making a run at him.

Old
06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I agree. I was just stating how they can do it, but they'd obviously be leaving wholes open.

That's their two biggest problems. Roloson and Smith isn't going to cut it.

I don't think he's going to Tampa, but I can surely see them making a run at him.
Its not out of the question at all, and I bet Yzerman can even get him signed to a good deal, but is it the right decision? Looking at Cap Geek, giving richards a home town discount 6.5, and 7 to stamkos, you still need two goaltenders, two defensemen and an entire fourth line.

Just doesn't seem feasible, doesn't seem like an Yzerman move

Closed Thread