HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Air Canada Cup Record for Points in a tournament?

Old
05-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Dangler99*

vCash: 500
Air Canada Cup Record for Points in a tournament?

? Was Wondering.

Last edited by Dangler99*: 05-30-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Dangler99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Dangler99*

Maybe Heatley....

Old
05-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Dangler99*

????

Old
05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

This is surprisingly hard to find. You can get the PDF record book listing all the game results, award winners, etc, but not individual scoring results, from hockeycanada. If I were to guess, I'd start somewhere with Brent Bobyck, who was the MVP of the team with the record for most total goals ever in the tournament. But that's just a guess. From there you could research Pierre Rioux (Ste.-Foy has the 2nd most combined goals ever), Dale Derkatch, etc, but there's no guarantee that the MVPs were also the leading scorers (although we all know it ends up that way quite often). Heck, Crosby was the leading scorer one year, so maybe it's even him.

Again, surprisingly hard to track down. This almost looks like a job for someone like pnep.

edit: looks like Derkatch had 37 points in 6 games, but his bio doesn't say if that's a tournament record, or just a Calgary Macs record.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This is surprisingly hard to find. You can get the PDF record book listing all the game results, award winners, etc, but not individual scoring results, from hockeycanada. If I were to guess, I'd start somewhere with Brent Bobyck, who was the MVP of the team with the record for most total goals ever in the tournament. But that's just a guess. From there you could research Pierre Rioux (Ste.-Foy has the 2nd most combined goals ever), Dale Derkatch, etc, but there's no guarantee that the MVPs were also the leading scorers (although we all know it ends up that way quite often). Heck, Crosby was the leading scorer one year, so maybe it's even him.

Again, surprisingly hard to track down. This almost looks like a job for someone like pnep.

edit: looks like Derkatch had 37 points in 6 games, but his bio doesn't say if that's a tournament record, or just a Calgary Macs record.
I know it's like impossible to find. Thanks for what you found though.

Old
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSFORMATION View Post
I know it's like impossible to find. Thanks for what you found though.
No prob. Report back if you find anything else, because I'd be curious to see.

Old
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
No prob. Report back if you find anything else, because I'd be curious to see.
I searched up Brent Bobyck and it can't be him because he never played Midget AAA. Maybe Heatley? Crosby like you said is possible as well.

Old
05-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Dangler99*

It might be Matthew Robertson. I found out that he scored 12 goals at the 2006 Air Canada Cup Breaking Crosby's record of 11. I don't know how much points he had though.

Old
05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I searched up Brent Bobyck and it can't be him because he never played Midget AAA. Maybe Heatley? Crosby like you said is possible as well.
Yes he did. He played for the Notre Dame Hounds. Just go to hockeycanada.ca, click on "Minor Hockey" at the top, and look for Telus Cup 2011 (what it's called now) at the bottom, then look in the left hand side for a link to the History -> Guide and Record Book PDF (it pops out, so I don't think I can provide a "link"). He was the tournament MVP in '86. You'll get a list of all the MVPs, team stats, and game results from all the way back when it was called the Wrigley something or another, but again, no individual scoring numbers. I just found the two teams with the most goals, and googled their MVP. That's how I had to find Derkatch's 37 points in 6 games.

edit: wait, let me try to attach it instead. Tell me if this works (never done it before here, lol).

edit2: well, that didn't work.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 05-30-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Yes he did. He played for the Notre Dame Hounds. Just go to hockeycanada.ca, click on "Minor Hockey" at the top, and look for Telus Cup 2011 (what it's called now) at the bottom, then look in the left hand side for a link to the History -> Guide and Record Book PDF (it pops out, so I don't think I can provide a "link"). He was the tournament MVP in '86. You'll get a list of all the MVPs from all the way back when it was called the Wrigley something or another, but again, no individual scoring numbers. I just found the two teams with the most goals, and googled their MVP. That's how I had to find Derkatch's 37 points in 6 games.

edit: wait, let me try to attach it instead. Tell me if this works (never done it before here, lol).

edit2: well, that didn't work.
Yup Found what you were talking about. Ok It has to be his 37 points in 6 games. That or Crosby's 18 points in 5 games which is 100% offical. It is starting to make me mad lol.

Old
05-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Dangler99*

Just found out that his 37 points in 6 games was in the Mac's Midget AAA Tournament not the Air Canada Cup. So for it has to be Crosby's 18 points in 5 games. Who else could it be?

Old
05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Yup Found what you were talking about. Ok It has to be his 37 points in 6 games. That or Crosby's 18 points in 5 games which is 100% offical. It is starting to make me mad lol.
Haha, me too, kinda. I mean, does that count as an "Air Canada Cup" record, or does a different name on the same thing change things completely? It was always the national midget championship, regardless of name, so I think the 37 points is legit for now. Oh, and remember that the MVP might not even have been the leading scorer that year, and Derkatch's bio doesn't clearly state that it's a current record, nor specifically a tournament record (could just be a club record, it's not clear).

Old
05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Haha, me too, kinda. I mean, does that count as an "Air Canada Cup" record, or does a different name on the same thing change things completely? It was always the national midget championship, regardless of name, so I think the 37 points is legit for now.
I checked and his 37 points in 6 games was in the Mac's Midget AAA tournament which has always been a different tournament. But that is the record for that Particular tournament. Honestly with the Knowledge the Internet has How can A record like this be so difficult to fine.
Go to google and type this in Dale Derkatch 37 points in 6 games. It's the first page.

Old
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Just found out that his 37 points in 6 games was in the Mac's Midget AAA Tournament not the Air Canada Cup. So for it has to be Crosby's 18 points in 5 games. Who else could it be?
Jesus, are you serious? I don't even know where to go from here then. Limit the search to teams from 1996 onward, as listed under Telus Cup on the hockeycanada website? Not even the links on the left side of THEIR page to individual years provide the scoring leader AND his point totals for each year...

Old
05-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Jesus, are you serious? I don't even know where to go from here then. Limit the search to teams from 1996 onward, as listed under Telus Cup on the hockeycanada website?
Ye lets give it a go lol. I know why would they not put this stuff in the record books.

Old
05-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Know what? I'm taking a break to kill some zombies, and I'll see how I'm doing after that. Good luck.

Old
05-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Know what? I'm taking a break to kill some zombies, and I'll see how I'm doing after that. Good luck.
I'm gonna take a break to. But I am going to find it lol.

Old
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Dangler99*

I give up lol.