HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Houston @ Binghamton Game 3 6/01 7:00 EST, Series Tied 1-1

Old
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceMan1287 View Post
How did you take a thread talking about the game, and turn in into a bashing of the BCVMA? We get it, you aren't a Binghamton fan. Then, why did you go to the game? Stay home if you don't like the arena.

You bash the arena like it was the first time you've ever been there...when in fact you said it yourself that you have been there plenty of times. That's basically trolling if you ask me.

It's an old arena, with a lot of history. It has its strengths and weaknesses just like any other building. And with a packed house, what did you expect? No crowded restrooms? No crowd walking out? I hope you don't ever go to an NHL game because you will be *****ing and moaning about everything. Packed houses create lines...it's that simple.
Hey, other people were talking about the arena, so I chimed in. Why did I go to the game? because, i'm a hockey fan and it was a free ticket my way and it was close enough to go? Seems good enough to me, had no idea you had to root for a team when you went to a game. I'm just an avid hockey fan, well sports fan really. If I could have gone to a SCF Game where I didn't like either squad for example, i'd still go because it's a rare oppourtunity that doesn't come every day.

Last edited by SFTC Addict: 06-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.
SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

This is what they need to do based on the 3 games i've seen so far this round. Dump and chase and hit as much as possible. Maybe the hitting will wear down the Aeros. They did a good job of this in the first period,m but didn't sustain it in the 2nd, they had a couple decent hits in the 3rd. Simply put, the Aeros have taken the speed game away that the Senators have. Without their speed they are nothing playing the way they want to. They will have to get dirty and battle for loose pucks and win the battles along the boards, etc. They won't be able to skate around this club like they did Charlotte and Portland. The Aeros have the middle of the ice covered up. That 2nd period was a prime example.

The end of the 3rd period was an awesome finish, they played pretty desperate, but where was that the whole game? The key was they kept winning faceoffs and went to the net. The first 2 periods they didn't go to the net at all. The closest they got in the first 2 periods was a shot from the point that cranked off the post. They have all the offensive talent in the world, they just need to utilize it in a different fashion. They can certainly be pretty at times, but this series isn't going to be won that way. The most skilled players are going to have to crash the net and be willing to take a sort of beating to get the job done. This could be a classic 7 game series if the Sens are willing to change things up a bit, especially if Lehner continues his form. However, I don't see Houston slipping up and beating themselves anyway, Binghamton is going to have to be the one to change things up. The Aeros know that giving up 1 goal in each game in the first 60 minutes will be good enough to win them 4 games first. In 2 of the 3 games the lone regulation goal they have given up was a PP goal, further to point if they stay out of the box they should be good to go the rest of the way. I hope this does go 7 because I have a feeling at worst the Nucks will win the SCF in 5.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:14 PM
BigEyedPhish

The BCVMA is pretty much a sum up of what "New York" is.. some call it a dump, but I call it unique, with an almost over-the-top sense of character. I agree that the BCVMA is probably the closest you can get to an old-time hockey type feel. I think every arena in the world should have the front row seats on top of the boards. It adds a great deal for both the fans and the players to feel like the fans are "on top" of the players.

Things will probably even get more out of hand on friday if the game does not go the Senators way, but thats just how it is.

That said, I am of the opinion that in a packed house the BCVMA is one of the best places to see a hockey game, I am from Binghamton, but have been to a ton of away games and they are almost always a snorefest.

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Ive been to Bingo's arena for a Bingo Sens game during the lockout year, and I liked the arena a lot. Its sweet how the bathrooms are like right by the player lockerooms, and Ive always been a fan of the "dumpy" arena's.

To prove my point, Nassau is probably my fave arena to watch a game, even though its a dump, and Ive been to quite a few NHL rinks.
Agreed. I like the rough feel of the BCWMVA. I think it symbolises Binghamton somehow - even though I've only been there twice. Similar to the Utica Auditorium (although Utica is a toilet). The bathrooms...well I dunno it is a bit of a tight squeeze and it's like down in the basement kind of. Nice that they have individual urinals whereas at SBP it's just troughs for everyone to whip out their dick and get a good look. It just kind of gives me the feel that Binghamton is constantly fighting something and standing up for itself.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Minister of Offence

Just watched the game....

Mike Hoffman's gonna be a pretty good NHLer someday...slowly but surely.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 08:05 PM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Agreed. I like the rough feel of the BCWMVA. I think it symbolises Binghamton somehow - even though I've only been there twice. Similar to the Utica Auditorium (although Utica is a toilet). The bathrooms...well I dunno it is a bit of a tight squeeze and it's like down in the basement kind of. Nice that they have individual urinals whereas at SBP it's just troughs for everyone to whip out their dick and get a good look. It just kind of gives me the feel that Binghamton is constantly fighting something and standing up for itself.
Haha, no one on earth actually likes this, not sure why places still use them.

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 10:57 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedPhish View Post
To be fair a couple Houston players were egging on the fans, when this happens against an extremely hungry and almost insanely passionate fanbase, this usually ensues..

I will say I did laugh when popcorn was showered over the Houston celebratory circle.
BigEyedPhish:

I am just old school on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my view the only thing that should be thrown on the ice is a hat after a hat trick..................

As for Houston egging on the fans for that I would blame the coach @ this level they know better + the league will get on them.

ZekeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Ummm..

I'll be sure not to be next to you in any bathroom in the near future..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Ummm..

I'll be sure not to be next to you in any bathroom in the near future..

Ski sometimes it is better to give than receive........................

Could not resist that 1.......

ZekeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:05 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Last time I was at SBP was 2003, do they sport the troughs? I totally forget that, and thats kind of weird, most newer buildings went away from the trough style.

I have this horrible thing about peeing with a line, with all the pressure of having to pee with people waiting, sometimes nothing comes out and I have to fake piss, and Im always paranoid that the guy next to me knows im faking cause he cant hear my piss stream hit the porcelein. Unless im absolutely tanked, then I have no problems pissing anywhere.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:28 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I know they have troughs but I can't recall if there were any urinals. They probably have troughs because guys tend to be a little less homophobic and more mature when it comes to using the bathroom. I guess it's kinda like how in the marines the toilets are right next to each other with no partition. I'm not a marine but one time I was using one of their bathrooms and had to go #2. Thank god no one else was in the bathroom. So I get down to do my business and another guy comes in. Well, ok so maybe he'll use the one on the other end (I was on the end next to the wall). Sure enough he comes in and sits his disgusting ass right next to me and starts talking to me while we're both excreting. I felt extremely uncomfortable but to him I guess it was purely "natural".

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:57 AM
SelleckStache

vCash: 733

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
I know they have troughs but I can't recall if there were any urinals. They probably have troughs because guys tend to be a little less homophobic and more mature when it comes to using the bathroom. I guess it's kinda like how in the marines the toilets are right next to each other with no partition. I'm not a marine but one time I was using one of their bathrooms and had to go #2. Thank god no one else was in the bathroom. So I get down to do my business and another guy comes in. Well, ok so maybe he'll use the one on the other end (I was on the end next to the wall). Sure enough he comes in and sits his disgusting ass right next to me and starts talking to me while we're both excreting. I felt extremely uncomfortable but to him I guess it was purely "natural".
That would probably be the #1 reason I wouldnt survive the army or anything. If I poo over someone elses house I usually also run the sink water at the same time to mask the noise of the **** plopping out.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 10:38 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Last time I was at SBP was 2003, do they sport the troughs? I totally forget that, and thats kind of weird, most newer buildings went away from the trough style.

I have this horrible thing about peeing with a line, with all the pressure of having to pee with people waiting, sometimes nothing comes out and I have to fake piss, and Im always paranoid that the guy next to me knows im faking cause he cant hear my piss stream hit the porcelein. Unless im absolutely tanked, then I have no problems pissing anywhere.
Me too man, me too. You wait it out, give the fake shake, then move on.

The trough is the worst. They still have those at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse...

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote