HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re-entering the draft?

Old
06-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Gudbranson44

vCash: 500
Re-entering the draft?

Mods, feel free to move this if you find a better thread for it.

I'm sure you all heard about the Erixon to NYR saga yesterday. On the flames site they posted comments from Feaster about it.

Quote:
If no deal was able to be made, Erixon would be put back into the NHL Entry Draft this month and the Flames would end up with a compensatory pick in the second round which would be equal to the number the player was drafted at.

"He was drafted 23rd. The pick would have been 53rd," Feaster stated. "There's already a player that was drafted ahead of him by Montreal who is not going to sign with them from actually a while back because this player went to college. So the pick probably would have slipped back one."
Now here's my question.. The player from montreal that was drafted ahead of him was Louis Leblanc, drafted 18th overall 2009.
Do montreal keep his rights after these two years? He played one year at harvard, and then he went to the chl. Or does this mean he is re-entering the draft?

As far as I understand from the article, montreal will receive that pick.

Please, Im just a bit confused and I was hoping someone could shed some light over the situation for me...

Full link:
http://flames.nhl.com/club/blogpost....id=DL|CGY|home

EDIT:

New information has come to my knowledge lol...
Apparently he signed a contract last year..
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535234

Why would feaster lie is my new question...?

Mods feel free to close, even though im still very confused!

Last edited by Gudbranson44: 06-02-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:58 AM
caley

I presume he's talking about David Fischer from 2006. Unless my timing is off I believe Fischer had a deadline until August last summer to sign with the Habs, did not, and now they are taking the compensatory pick this year.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I presume he's talking about David Fischer from 2006. Unless my timing is off I believe Fischer had a deadline until August last summer to sign with the Habs, did not, and now they are taking the compensatory pick this year.
Exactly.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote