HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF: Boston Bruins (3) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1) (Part 3)

View Poll Results: Series Outcome
Vancouver in 4 48 16.49%
Vancouver in 5 118 40.55%
Vancouver in 6 51 17.53%
Vancouver in 7 6 2.06%
Boston in 5 4 1.37%
Boston in 6 30 10.31%
Boston in 7 34 11.68%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Towelie*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss View Post
Why? To create arguments. I'm going to get a bunch of stupid quotes on something from your fanbase and every 2nd day PM it to you to remind you. How would you like that?
It is pretty relevant given the stink the Bruins fans have made about the incident.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crx8 View Post
This series is over, the nucks already won the cup. If the Bruins are like their fans then I'm predicting a sweep. Let's examine this. Burrow bit Bergeron's finger, instead of focusing on the next play, he repeatedly goes to the linesmen complaining, demanding a penalty. After that play Bergeron was agitated and played lousy the rest of the game, Burrow got in his head and Bergeron lost focus.

If this spills over to game 2 than we can expect the same outcome. The constant complaining, demands for suspensions are getting tiresome, couple that with the non-offside play which was onside. If the Bruins continue to play with this kind of attitude instead of focusing on the next play, the next game, then this will be a short series.

Also take into consideration the nucks are shaking of the rust of an 8 day lay-off, if that's the best the Bruins can muster than the nucks will be celebrating in boston. The nucks will only get better as the series progresses.
lol

The bite was at the end of the period, there was no "next play" to focus on. Pretty sure the Sedins were shut down the rest of the game, and the Canucks went 0/7 on the Power Play, Bergeron is the Bruins' most important PK'er and had a big hand in that, with multiple clears and blocked shots. I'm pretty sure he had no problem staying focused.

I didn't think Burrows should've been suspended. In the regular season, yeah, he definitely should've. Maybe even in the first or second round, but not in the Finals. It was clear as day that he bit him, and is a 1000% deplorable, weasel move, but if you're going to suspend someone in the Finals it should only be for something like a cheap shot that injures a guy. That said, I wouldn't have been surprised if he got suspended, but I didn't think he should've been.

And anyone who says that play is offsides is an idiot. The CBC replay clearly, CLEARLY shows it as onside. It's only by like an inch, but Kesler dragged the toe. Even if he didn't, that play is so close you couldn't have expected the linesman on the other side of the ice to make the call, Kesler was going at full speed, it would've been almost impossible for him to see it. But that doesn't matter, because he was onside anyway.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post

I couldn't even watch that all it was so cringe worthy.
Sens fans everywhere now have something to point to when confronted by their Spartan opening night...

Old
06-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler CJC View Post
It is pretty relevant given the stink the Bruins fans have made about the incident.
It sure as hell is relevant, and thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten the bruins have a biter of their own on the team - well - sort of on the team.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:50 AM
CamFan81
Derp

What is this biting done by savard in a bruins jersey you people speak of? YT or it didn't happen?

And No i won't take the comment from a player like Carcillo (lol carcillo)

Burrows Opens his mouth to purposely injure bergeron. Show me where savard did this please, until then, this seems like people justifying burrows actions and dismissing fans reactions because it supposedly happened before.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
What is this biting done by savard in a bruins jersey you people speak of? YT or it didn't happen?

And No i won't take the comment from a player like Carcillo (lol carcillo)

Burrows Opens his mouth to purposely injure bergeron. Show me where savard did this please, until then, this seems like people justifying burrows actions and dismissing fans reactions because it supposedly happened before.
Savard got suspended Burrows didn't.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Savard got suspended Burrows didn't.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:14 AM
TOML

The Bruin questions:

1. Should Lucic (who is obviously playing hurt) be demoted?
2. Should Recchi (who is obviously old and slow) also be demoted?
3. You guessed it... Should Mr. Seguin be promoted? And in which case, who should he replace?
4. Should Boychuk be told to hold off on the going-out-of-position-to-make-the-hit plays? In lieu of game 1's winning goal?
5. Should McQuaid play more than 9 mins a game?
6. Should Chara remain in front of the net on the power play? If not, then who'll be there instead? Given that Lucic is playing hurt and Horton is likely playing hurt as well. (Thompson hit.)

The Canuck Questions:

1. Who is going to replace Hamhuis and his 26mins per game? Is it Ballard and his 10mins per game?
2. How long can Raymond continue playing if he is absolutely destroyed by a Bruin defenseman at least once per shift?
3. Will the 4th line play more than a minute in game two?
4. Is Malhotra done?

Thank you.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
DateWithStanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
The Bruin questions:

3. You guessed it... Should Mr. Seguin be promoted? And in which case, who should he replace?
4. Should Boychuk be told to hold off on the going-out-of-position-to-make-the-hit plays? In lieu of game 1's winning goal?
6. Should Chara remain in front of the net on the power play? If not, then who'll be there instead? Given that Lucic is playing hurt and Horton is likely playing hurt as well. (Thompson hit.)

The Canuck Questions:

1. Who is going to replace Hamhuis and his 26mins per game? Is it Ballard and his 10mins per game?
2. How long can Raymond continue playing if he is absolutely destroyed by a Bruin defenseman at least once per shift?
4. Is Malhotra done?

Thank you.
Raymond has been near invisible this entire run. The only effect he's had is taking hits so others don't have to.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
mratch19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DateWithStanley View Post
Raymond has been near invisible this entire run. The only effect he's had is taking hits so others don't have to.
i will say this though. from what i have watched. he is not a defensive liability at all. which is good..

Old
06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
freakydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mratch19 View Post
i will say this though. from what i have watched. he is not a defensive liability at all. which is good..
+1
I am not taken with Raymond but he's holding his own on the defencive side & it only takes a couple of good shifts to turn around his playoffs.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by DateWithStanley View Post
um no. Raymond has been very effective this playoff even without scoring much. He creates a lot of turn overs and chances for his linemates.

you need your eyes checked.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:36 AM
freakydave

Quote:
um no. Raymond has been very effective this playoff even without scoring much. He creates a lot of turn overs and chances for his linemates.

you need your eyes checked.
C'mon brotha Raymond could do with some finnish.

Last edited by freakydave: 06-03-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old
06-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Bryz4shiz

I don't want to wait more, the game should be tonight

Old
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
cleverusername

I've been waiting for Raymond's breakout game, he's been working hard all playoffs defensively and his speed has given him a few really good chances. Just been a tough season for him throughout it seems.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
C'mon brotha Raymond could with some finnish.
I notice him when he's on the ice.. There is a big difference between having more finish and being invisible.

I have complained about his lack of finish all year but he is still valuable. He wins puck battles all over the ice and forces mistakes with his speed, and he's not afraid to take a hit to make a play.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
MikeyD*

Raymond's been alright. It's definitely not due to lack of effort. He's solid defensively and his forecheck is creating havoc for the Bruins alongside Kesler and Higgins. I don't complain much about it because sure he could be the third line guy, but let's not mess with what's working.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Towelie*

Quote:
The Bruin questions:

The Canuck Questions:

Thank you.
Bruins Q's

4. It doesn't matter what Boychuck is 'told.' He isn't a great defensemen and is prone to making errors. Same for Ference and all the other defensemen on the Bruins not named Chara or Seidenberg. Hell, even Chara and Seidenberg looked ineffective against the Sedins who had a good amount of chances. The first shift of the game, where you know both teams are trying to make statements, the Sedins undressed Chara and Seidenberg with their passing.

In fact, the Sedins probably had as many chances in game 1 against the Bruins as they had for half or two thirds of the Nashville series.

5. Same goes for McQuaid. The Bruins defense was having all kinds of troubles dealing with the Canucks speed and passing. Again, drawing a comparison to the Nashville series, but Nashville's defense was far better equipped and handle the Canucks forwards far better than the Bruins did in game one.

Canucks:

1. No one player will replace Hamhuis' minutes. Ballard will likely play around 15 minutes though. You saw it last game though, this group of defensemen has adjusted to injuries all year long and are used to playing five man down. Look no further then the Sharks series where Tanev and Ballard stepped up and played two nearly perfect games (Ballard had one mistake trying to glove the puck)

3. The fourth line will play more if there are less powerplays/penalty kills. AV will continue to rely on his top 9, however, the reason why the fourth line saw so little ice time can be partially explained by the fact that none of those players play on the powerplay or penalty kill.

I think one other important point that is often overlooked is the fact that the Bruins have played so few games against the Sedins. There defense just doesn't look like they know how to handle them.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
AmazingNuck

Edler-Bieksa
Ehrhoff-Salo
Rome-Ballard

SHOULD be the pairings but I expect

Edler-Ehrhoff
Rome-Bieksa
Ballard-Salo

Old
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Canuckfan4Life2

I would agree that raymond's finish isn't there but he's created chances and his defensive game has been there he's a +2 on a line that's been matched up against top lines has only 5 giveaways while he has 16 takeaways and averaging third highest SH TOI for fwds for the Canucks

Old
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

I can't be the only one who thinks that every fan music video is just horribly embarrassing?

Old
06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
The Bruin questions:

The Canuck Questions:

4. Is Malhotra done?

Thank you.
Ill do the Bs:
1. Lucic should not be demoted. Keep that first line together, they play really well together and he has been effective at important times for the Bs through out the playoffs. In fact, I think he may actually be getting healthier.

2. YES. Please for the love of all that is holy. Cut his minutes in half, give the other half to Peverly or Seguin (or any one else really) and take him off the PP to be replaced by Seguin or Ryder.

3. Sort of. Keep him with Kelly/ryder/himself but he could skate occasional shifts with Berg/March and see how it goes. Up his PP time, put him on the first unit. Obviously the PP does not work as it is now, literally do ANYTHING else.

4. He shouldn't have to be told. You don't attempt that play with 18 seconds left in game 1. He does it far too much. Hopefully he just stops on his own.

5. Probably. He is out there with Kaberle though, and if Kabs gets major PP minutes, he obviously sacrifices 5v5 minutes and ipso facto (sp?) Mcquaids minutes go down. I would like to see him close to 15 per and lower boychuks, but the issue is the D pairings, which I do not want to break up.

6. Heres the issue: when he is down there, that is the best looking PP we have had in a long time. However, he gets worn out more and to be honest is too big to be tipping shots. I would lean towards trying it one more game to see if it keeps looking effective/cashes in. If we put him back at the point, stick Lucic in front. His injury is his toe/foot. You don't have to move much down there.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
Ill do the Bs:
1. Lucic should not be demoted. Keep that first line together, they play really well together and he has been effective at important times for the Bs through out the playoffs. In fact, I think he may actually be getting healthier.

2. YES. Please for the love of all that is holy. Cut his minutes in half, give the other half to Peverly or Seguin (or any one else really) and take him off the PP to be replaced by Seguin or Ryder.

3. Sort of. Keep him with Kelly/ryder/himself but he could skate occasional shifts with Berg/March and see how it goes. Up his PP time, put him on the first unit. Obviously the PP does not work as it is now, literally do ANYTHING else.

4. He shouldn't have to be told. You don't attempt that play with 18 seconds left in game 1. He does it far too much. Hopefully he just stops on his own.

5. Probably. He is out there with Kaberle though, and if Kabs gets major PP minutes, he obviously sacrifices 5v5 minutes and ipso facto (sp?) Mcquaids minutes go down. I would like to see him close to 15 per and lower boychuks, but the issue is the D pairings, which I do not want to break up.

6. Heres the issue: when he is down there, that is the best looking PP we have had in a long time. However, he gets worn out more and to be honest is too big to be tipping shots. I would lean towards trying it one more game to see if it keeps looking effective/cashes in. If we put him back at the point, stick Lucic in front. His injury is his toe/foot. You don't have to move much down there.
do you really want to risk Lucic taking a Chara slapper off his injured toe/foot?

Old
06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
DateWithStanley

Quote:
I notice him when he's on the ice.. There is a big difference between having more finish and being invisible.

I have complained about his lack of finish all year but he is still valuable. He wins puck battles all over the ice and forces mistakes with his speed, and he's not afraid to take a hit to make a play.
I suppose invisible isn't fair to say, but I think what we are all missing is his scoring touch from last year. He just hasn't been an offensive threat and imo he needs to start potting some insurance goals... Easier said than done I know.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:55 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
The Canuck Questions:

Ballard will come in and play about fifteen minutes, which is a shame really because he has looked better and better the more he has played in games this year. His best games all saw him on the ice for 18-22 minutes.

But the Canucks will bump Ehrhoff into the top four and put Ballard and Rome on the third pairing.

Quote:
He's taken hits to make plays all year, so unless Chara gets him near a stanchion I don't see that changing any time soon.

Quote:
No, because..

Quote:
4. Is Malhotra done?
Probably. Getting Manny back (assuming he is actually ready) means the Canucks can roll four lines with the Bruins but until then they don't have the players to compete with the B's fourth liners.. I'd argue that Hodgson is capable but justifiably or not he doesn't have the trust of the coaching staff.

My guess is that we'll see a mix n match scenario play out on the fourth line for the rest of the series.

Quote:
Thank you.

Closed Thread