HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard

Old
06-03-2011, 10:31 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Lack of both Pateryn and Bennett is interesting, but I guess they wanted to keep a number of spots open for try-outs on D. Maybe we'll see one or both of those two at the second camp.

Interested to hear how some of those D-Men and Goalies look!
They're likely putting more importance on the second camp, as they should. NCAA players can only go to one professional training camp/year, so I think it's a matter of having their hands tied.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Protest the Hero

Btw, unless I'm blind, I don't see Paul Zanette on the list. He was signed to a try-out contract with the Dogs late in the season, it would make sense to bring him to this camp wouldn't it?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
They're likely putting more importance on the second camp, as they should. NCAA players can only go to one professional training camp/year, so I think it's a matter of having their hands tied.
This is how I remember it, but still weird that Kristo would go to this one.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Maybe he finally realized that he should be done with the NCAA and is planning to go with the Dogs next season?

When I read his reasons for staying in the NCAA I was pretty disappointed, he really sounded like a kid that can't see the big picture. Is was something along the way of "I like the guys, I believe we'll have a great team next year and can win it all". Honestly, in the bigger scheme of things, winning the NCAA Frozen Four means absolutely nothing if it's costing you a year of quality development.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
I like Dame-Malka invite.
Why? would you mind telling us a little more about him?

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:32 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Like Patccmoi, I'm hoping he's changed his mind and might be open to going to the AHL.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Guilliam

With the year Kristo had, I don't mind if he's going back in the NCAA to try to really dominate offensively and be the go-to-guy. I don't see how this would be "losing a year of development". That being said I don't mind if he's going in the A either. The only thing I'm asking for is that he does what the organisation wants him too. I trust their judgement.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:49 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Will Kristo, Leblanc and Tinordi be playing in the AHL this year?

Also, is there any chance Conboy/Schultz can earn a 4th line roster spot this year
Leblanc will be in Hamilton, Tinordi should be back in the OHL and Kristo it appears wants to go back to North Dakota for what should be his last year.

Conboy I could see him getting some games in with the Habs next year as an injury replacement, he's been progressing nicely although I was disappointed with him in the playoffs. Schultz got better late in the season but has a ways to go before we starting talking NHL, unless of course we have 20 injuries at the same time.

Quote:
Why would MTL not bring Kristo over? He will be turning 21 in a couple weeks. Don't you think it is time to move away from the College hockey and start developing against stiffer competition?
I don't think it would hurt him either way. He could stand to fill out and get stronger but with his speed I also think he can turn pro now and it likely won't be a problem for him. Also it's not up to the Habs, they can put pressure on someone to sign but other then that there's nothing they can do if the player wants to stay in the NCAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
What if Avtysn plays lights out a training camp, do we keep him or send him down? Realistically speaking, one more year of the AHL should do it.
Highly unlikely and Martin would lose his mind when Avtsin starts hanging around the red line while the play is deep in his own end, plus he's not very good in his own end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Delmas & Quattrocchi ALWAYS get invited to these things, and yet we don't have their rights. These guys just love being training dummies.
Delmas was really good in the ECHL this year from what I heard, I saw both his starts in Hamilton and liked what I saw, I got to think the Habs sign him to an NHL contract this time around as we sorely need goalies in our system since Price and Mayer are the only goalies we have under contract right now.

Quote:
NCAA players can go to more then one camp. Stjeskal has done it in the past as he was at the rookie camp and the Habs main camp since Dartmouth is the last school to start the fall semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Btw, unless I'm blind, I don't see Paul Zanette on the list. He was signed to a try-out contract with the Dogs late in the season, it would make sense to bring him to this camp wouldn't it?
Too bad cause I liked what I saw from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
When I read his reasons for staying in the NCAA I was pretty disappointed, he really sounded like a kid that can't see the big picture. Is was something along the way of "I like the guys, I believe we'll have a great team next year and can win it all". Honestly, in the bigger scheme of things, winning the NCAA Frozen Four means absolutely nothing if it's costing you a year of quality development.
For some being so close to winning a national title only to fall short means a lot, so if he wants another shot at winning it all, then so be it, I don't think it will hurt him especially after the sophmore slump he had offensively, plus he does need to fill out get stronger and mature a bit.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Maybe he finally realized that he should be done with the NCAA and is planning to go with the Dogs next season?

Quote:
Like Patccmoi, I'm hoping he's changed his mind and might be open to going to the AHL.
Hopefully. The down side is having too many rookies in the A.

I thought Dell was signed by someone ? I remember there was a bunch of speculation about him and want then it just all died off.

Also, aren't we set to lose Simila's rights ? If so, we really need goalies.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:53 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Hopefully. The down side is having too many rookies in the A.

I thought Dell was signed by someone ? I remember there was a bunch of speculation about him and want then it just all died off.

Also, aren't we set to lose Simila's rights ? If so, we really need goalies.
We lost Simila's rights.

Dell was not signed by anyone, hopefully Kristo puts in a good word for him to sign with us next summer, he had a heck of a year as no one was expecting him to be the starter as he beat out the Sabres draft pick.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

First, this is just the development camp. The worst camp of them all, if you're interested in a show, don't go. The prospect camp will take place after the draft, that's the camp you should be interested in, with the new faces and maybe other invitations as well, invitations who might CLEARLY be more interested based on the fact it can be filled with players that were not drafted and as we can see...there are players that won't be drafted that will end up interesting. Some NCAA boys not coming surely because they prefer to participate in the other camp...wise move. Usually the NCAA boys are going to 1 camp this summer. Last year, Kristo went to the 1st one, like he's doing right now....He wasn't there for the 2nd one after the draft took place. So you want to see him, I suggest you go now...but you're not going to see scrimmages unless it changed...

- I'm extremely happy to see both Dell and Rawlings being invited. Dell has to get STRONG consideration to be signed. Dell "could" be the next Brad Thiessen who I wanted for us to pick....go look at what Thiessen did in the AHL....pretty amazing.

- I like Dame-Malka invitation as well. Great point shot, not big, but tough and bulky.

- Not a Mosher fan but he had a pretty interesting year last year.

- Don't know any of the D we invited. Though if I remember, Joe Hartman was once seen as an interesting prospect...not sure what happened to him.

- Quattrochi had to be there. We wouldn't have a running joke going if he wasn't. Again people, Timmins know the kid from a family perspective. Just a favor. 'Cause I can't believe he really sees something in him.

- No invitations up front....sucks.

But seeing Dell there is surely amongst the best news I've had since A LOT of the development camps I've witnessed.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:01 PM
JohnLennon

Can anyone explain to me exactly why Emelin and Diaz are not attending either development camp?

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:03 PM
DJ Breadman

Mosher...good to see a newfie on the list

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
First, this is just the development camp. The worst camp of them all, if you're interested in a show, don't go. The prospect camp will take place after the draft, that's the camp you should be interested in, with the new faces and maybe other invitations as well, invitations who might CLEARLY be more interested based on the fact it can be filled with players that were not drafted and as we can see...there are players that won't be drafted that will end up interesting. Some NCAA boys not coming surely because they prefer to participate in the other camp...wise move. Usually the NCAA boys are going to 1 camp this summer. Last year, Kristo went to the 1st one, like he's doing right now....He wasn't there for the 2nd one after the draft took place. So you want to see him, I suggest you go now...but you're not going to see scrimmages unless it changed...

- I'm extremely happy to see both Dell and Rawlings being invited. Dell has to get STRONG consideration to be signed. Dell "could" be the next Brad Thiessen who I wanted for us to pick....go look at what Thiessen did in the AHL....pretty amazing.

- I like Dame-Malka invitation as well. Great point shot, not big, but tough and bulky.

- Not a Mosher fan but he had a pretty interesting year last year.

- Don't know any of the D we invited. Though if I remember, Joe Hartman was once seen as an interesting prospect...not sure what happened to him.

- Quattrochi had to be there. We wouldn't have a running joke going if he wasn't. Again people, Timmins know the kid from a family perspective. Just a favor. 'Cause I can't believe he really sees something in him.

- No invitations up front....sucks.

But seeing Dell there is surely amongst the best news I've had since A LOT of the development camps I've witnessed.
Thanks for the information. I'm looking for any piece of information I can get on those invitees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Can anyone explain to me exactly why Emelin and Diaz are not attending either development camp?
How do you know they won't be there in the camp in July? as far as I know the line-up for that camp isn't known yet...

Old
06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
How do you know they won't be there in the camp in July? as far as I know the line-up for that camp isn't known yet...
My mistake, I guess I misunderstood. I still don't see why they cannot attend the first camp as well as the second, though.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
habitue*

Of course, they can't invite everyone, But I would I liked the Habs to have a look at Alex Beauregard, a huge gritty winger for St-John.

Last edited by habitue*: 06-03-2011 at 12:25 PM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Why? would you mind telling us a little more about him?
Offensive d who is a late-bloomer... kind of poor man Ryan Ellis

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:43 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Probably having something to do with the fact that the Acadie-Bathurst had a garbage team, before he went to the MAINEiacs. I think he's definitely worth a contract.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Great to see Aaron Dell's name on the list.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
My mistake, I guess I misunderstood. I still don't see why they cannot attend the first camp as well as the second, though.
Well I always thought that those 2 camps were basically the same thing and that was why all the prospects go to only one of the two. I don't really know though cuz I've never been there at any of those camps.

Quote:
Thanks.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Great to see Aaron Dell's name on the list.
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Aaron Dell? I have never heard of this prospect before.

Why does everyone seem so excited about him? Is he highly touted?

Thanks again

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Since they are 25 perhaps the Habs don't feel the need to bring them over for the camp.

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Aaron Dell? I have never heard of this prospect before.

Why does everyone seem so excited about him? Is he highly touted?
Dell is a teammate of Danny Kristo's, he had a great year in the WCHA and was one of the top goalies in the NCAA as a sophmore. He went undrafted, played in the AJHL for the Calgary Canucks.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
I tweeted MA-Godin, asking him why Bennett wasn't there, and he answered me saying Bennett and Pateryn are taking classes at Michigan. They'll probably go to the second camp (just my guess).

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:42 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
I tweeted MA-Godin, asking him why Bennett wasn't there, and he answered me saying Bennett and Pateryn are taking classes at Michigan. They'll probably go to the second camp (just my guess).
Summer school? Busts.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Summer school? Busts.
Getting a degree quicker to come and play AHL

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote