HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings sign Linden Vey to Entry-Level Contract

Old
05-25-2011, 06:37 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Hopefully someone can go to prospects camp with a measuring tape and get us the actual height of these guys! Vey went from 5'10 to 6'1? And there is also some questioning Toffoli's height too.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The way i judge a players height is by what the team tells me first, then I look at the next significant height mark (in Vey's case it is 6') and then write what I am told by the people closest to the player. If you remember when Squid came to the Kings he was listed at 5'9" and he was lucky if he was 5'7".

In my opinion Vey is 6 about 184 lbs,

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 08:43 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The way i judge a players height is by what the team tells me first, then I look at the next significant height mark (in Vey's case it is 6') and then write what I am told by the people closest to the player. If you remember when Squid came to the Kings he was listed at 5'9" and he was lucky if he was 5'7".

In my opinion Vey is 6 about 184 lbs,
Please don't take that as a shot at you! I like others really love the insight and info you provide. I just find it funny how players heights seem to vary so much. I remember people saying Frolov looked 6'3 or 6'4 then saw him next to Jason Allison and knew he was shorter than described. Heck as long as your evaluations are accurate I'll be a happy Kings fan!

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 11:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Oh no worries at all!

I didn't take it personally but more in agreement. Its funny how and why teams fudge around with the height and weight of players. Its all done to fool someone but since everyone does it nobody believe each other.

They would all be better served by saying "that guy? that guy over there? he's big enough to play" and leave it at that but then it wouldn't be as fun.

I always laugh at personal stats provided by teams so no worries at all.

On Linden when he is NHL ready he will be 6'0"(ish?) and 188(or so?) and will be a solid top six guy.

Other than that all bets are pending.

Old
05-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov View Post
Does he want more? is that why the deal hasn't been signed?
I'd imagine some of the delay might also be related to hammering out the details on performance milestones with corresponding contractual bonuses.

So stuff like if he wins Rookie of the Year he gets this much extra, if he is on the All-Rookie team he gets more, etc.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:57 PM
GR81

Quote:
Nice.

ND has been rumored to have been offered in the $750k range.
Nicholas Deslauriers cap hit came in @ $608,333 per capgeek. Hell of a deal if you ask me. Can't wait to see him suit up for Narchs.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=2048

GR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Komarov47

Is it me or the Monarchs will have one hell of a team next season? I heard Toffoli will be back in OHL is that true?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Is it me or the Monarchs will have one hell of a team next season? I heard Toffoli will be back in OHL is that true?
It's not just you, on paper they are LOADED. Toffoli heading back to Ottawa is very likely right now, as the Kings don't have an open spot on the RW in the top 9, and he won't be AHL-eligible.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I remember people saying Frolov looked 6'3 or 6'4 then saw him next to Jason Allison and knew he was shorter than described.
Yeah dont get me started.

<--------------------------------

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:10 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
Nicholas Deslauriers cap hit came in @ $608,333 per capgeek. Hell of a deal if you ask me. Can't wait to see him suit up for Narchs.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=2048
Finally got a response from the camp and it was $608 for 3 years or more for less then the injury caused another discount. Lots of negotiating but that is DL's way and to me $608 is good for both. DL did a great job at locking up a future top 3 with top 1 potential for a reasonable hit and Des gets a solid first contract that is a reward for all of his hard work but also allows him the time to keep developing without the pressure of having to justify a high dollar contract.

I said nobody should worry, the next contract will be for allot more and if he (ND) keeps doing what he has been doing pretty soon he is gonna be a very wealthy young hockey player. He could care less about the money and wants to make it to the NHL on the Kings. The business will make itself one way or the other.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:31 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Finally got a response from the camp and it was $608 for 3 years or more for less then the injury caused another discount. Lots of negotiating but that is DL's way and to me $608 is good for both. DL did a great job at locking up a future top 3 with top 1 potential for a reasonable hit and Des gets a solid first contract that is a reward for all of his hard work but also allows him the time to keep developing without the pressure of having to justify a high dollar contract.

I said nobody should worry, the next contract will be for allot more and if he (ND) keeps doing what he has been doing pretty soon he is gonna be a very wealthy young hockey player. He could care less about the money and wants to make it to the NHL on the Kings. The business will make itself one way or the other.
What kind of salary do you think he will make in the AHL? Is that number based on some percentage of his ELC money, or is that a separate negotiation?

Thanks in advance.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What kind of salary do you think he will make in the AHL? Is that number based on some percentage of his ELC money, or is that a separate negotiation?

Thanks in advance.
$60,000
$60,000
$65,000

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote