HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators part IV - Calder Cup Champions

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

vCash: 50
Has Greening been that bad? First line in Ottawa to fourth line in Binghamton. Wow.

Old
06-02-2011, 12:02 PM
JustinYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
Has Greening been that bad? First line in Ottawa to fourth line in Binghamton. Wow.
Apparently he's played well. Just does not show up on the score sheet... Which we kinda need right about now..

Old
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
sens83

Greening has been non-existent for most of the playoffs. That whole line has been mediocre if you ask me. Greening-Locke-Butler

Old
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

vCash: 500
David Dziurzynski in for Calder Cup finals game #4

Joy Lindsay
Roman Wick is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. David Dziurzynski will draw into the #BSens' lineup for Game 4.

Via Joy.....

Old
06-02-2011, 03:10 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Joy Lindsay
Roman Wick is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. David Dziurzynski will draw into the #BSens' lineup for Game 4.

Via Joy.....
I wonder if KK wants to add a little more size, muscle & grit in the lineup by inserting DD? Sure hope DD can up his tempo & play a little more like Zack Smith, I think he has that in him but we haven't seen it yet from him. Good luck tomorrow night Zeke.

Old
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I wonder if KK wants to add a little more size, muscle & grit in the lineup by inserting DD? Sure hope DD can up his tempo & play a little more like Zack Smith, I think he has that in him but we haven't seen it yet from him. Good luck tomorrow night Zeke.
This series needs a big guy like DD..I was hoping this was going to happen..

Old
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Parker

Yeah, swapping DD for Wick might actually be a pretty good move. Wick got absolutely crushed on that hit last night.

Old
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
petelevi

The team had two problems last night (I can't speak for the rest of the playoffs because I haven't been able to watch the games): the Potulny-Smith-Keller line was awful (I think I'm right that they've been on the ice for all of Houston's goals) and the rest of the forwards--other than the Hoffman-Bass-Wick line--were making terrible decisions coming up the ice and in the offensive zone. Both Hoffman and Wick were rewarded by being moved up in the lineup, but Wick unfortunatley got knocked out in the third.

I think the general switch-up in lines will help more than just the insertion of Dziurzynski--that and they have to move away from trying cross-ice passes all the time and do what they did at the end of the game--close puck-support on the attack.

Just my two cents. Zeke has seen it all and likely can break it down better than I can.

Old
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I wonder if Grant will see any finals action, he has some decent size & skill as well.

I have been wondering for a little while now what the roster next yr will look like in Bingo because I think there will be a lot of smaller players next yr especially at forward depending on who they decide to keep & not much grit. They are losing some size & grit in Greening, Z. Smith & Butler. The defence should be alright for size & grit.

Forwards 6' or Less:
Daugavins - Locke - Petersson
Hamilton - Potulny - Condra
Hoffman - Da Costa - Canone
Caporusso

There will be some bigger forwards in DD, Grant, O'Brien & Cowick & Bass & Lessard may or may not be back. 10 forwards 6' or under at least they will be really fast. What do you think?

Old
06-02-2011, 05:23 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Forwards 6' or Less:
Daugavins - Locke - Petersson
Hamilton - Potulny - Condra
Hoffman - Da Costa - Canone
Caporusso

There will be some bigger forwards in DD, Grant, O'Brien & Cowick & Bass & Lessard may or may not be back. 10 forwards 6' or under at least they will be really fast. What do you think?
I don't think there's any chance Lessard is brought back. I think David Hale, Ryan Potulny, Mike Brodeur, Barry Brust, Jason Bailey, and probably one or both of Ryan Keller and Andre Benoit will be gone next year (for a variety of reasons). If that assumption is correct you'll have (biggest to smallest):

Forwards (13):
Grant
Dziurzynski
O'Brien
Cowick
---6 feet---
Daugavins
Hoffman
Cannone
Da Costa
Condra
Hamilton
Petersson
Caporusso
Locke

Defence (7)
Cowen
Wiercioch
Gryba
Borowiecki
Smith
Kinrade
---6 feet----
Schira

Definitely a smaller lineup up front, but the blueline gets bigger. There may be further changes as well--either trades or guys not re-signed--but I don't think it will be radically different than above. There will be a lot of skill in Bingo, if not quite as much jam. It follows the trend in the NHL, where smaller forwards are given more opportunity, but bluelines have remained big.

Old
06-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Red Out for Friday night's game..

PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
@
@mediumguts Team was originally planning a whiteout, but fans want to try the red, so I'd go with that. Have a safe trip!

Old
06-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
Today's audio Greening talks playoffs..

http://www.pressconnects.com/assets/mp3/CB17509562.MP3

Old
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Aragorn:

Thanks will need that (luck) this Houston is pretty dam good.

KK will have to figure out a way to beat their trap. I suggest a 2 or 3 goal lead that would break it..........

I hope DD can step up and lay the body on their D-men....................

Old
06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Aragorn:

Thanks will need that (luck) this Houston is pretty dam good.

KK will have to figure out a way to beat their trap. I suggest a 2 or 3 goal lead that would break it..........

I hope DD can step up and lay the body on their D-men....................
I have a feeling this move will turn the series around and jumpstart the boys..

Old
06-02-2011, 10:24 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

God I hope so Ski.

I want to see them win so bad it is making me crazy.................................

Old
06-03-2011, 06:36 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I'm going down to the game tonight so I pm'd danishh and SensFanInBoston about using my account for the stream. Hopefully it'll be up for those that don't get the NHL Network or can't attend.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:54 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

I should be able to do it maindot

Old
06-03-2011, 11:05 AM
petelevi

Quote:
Joy Lindsay
Roman Wick is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury.
As expected, Wick has a mild concussion--he's likely to miss the next two games, although one never knows via head injuries.

Via Joy

Old
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelevi View Post
The team had two problems last night (I can't speak for the rest of the playoffs because I haven't been able to watch the games): the Potulny-Smith-Keller line was awful (I think I'm right that they've been on the ice for all of Houston's goals) and the rest of the forwards--other than the Hoffman-Bass-Wick line--were making terrible decisions coming up the ice and in the offensive zone. Both Hoffman and Wick were rewarded by being moved up in the lineup, but Wick unfortunatley got knocked out in the third.

I think the general switch-up in lines will help more than just the insertion of Dziurzynski--that and they have to move away from trying cross-ice passes all the time and do what they did at the end of the game--close puck-support on the attack.

Just my two cents. Zeke has seen it all and likely can break it down better than I can.
Petelevi:

To be honest all playoff long I am less objective I have become a rabid Binghamton fan............

All those OT games with Manchester dam near did me in.

I am just watching the puck going nuts yelling at ref Ect.

I want the Sens to win so bad it is driving me crazy..............

I had forgotten how exciting & draining playoff hockey is........

After the games I am just exhausted, drained, but God how I love it............

So Petelevi you and Aragorn Ect can break it down a lot better. So as always looking forward to your posts and Aragorn's.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:57 AM
sens83

Quote:
Petelevi:

To be honest all playoff long I am less objective I have become a rabid Binghamton fan............

All those OT games with Manchester dam near did me in.

I am just watching the puck going nuts yelling at ref Ect.

I want the Sens to win so bad it is driving me crazy..............

I had forgotten how exciting & draining playoff hockey is........

After the games I am just exhausted, drained, but God how I love it............

So Petelevi you and Aragorn Ect can break it down a lot better. So as always looking forward to your posts and Aragorn's.
You aren't the only one exhausted after games. I'm just getting my voice back from Wed's game...I may not be able to talk for a week after this weekend...haha.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
BigEyedPhish

I wouldn't be surprised if Locke is still playing hurt, I wouldn't be surprised if Greening was playing hurt as well.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
ds246pit

Wick being out is the best thing that could happen to the 4th line. He is worthless. We used to call useless plays/players a UHL play but now they are just a "Wick". I have not seen him win a corner battle in the postseason. He makes soft passes and he's basically A-rod and only scores when it doesn't matter (team is up 5-1).

Outside of him this team has looked solid. I do like Greening's style but he is a better fit on a checking line. Hoffman playing with Locke makes sense given the drive Hoffman had in game 3.

IMO the most impressive guys this postseason have been Cowan (although he did not look good last game), Lehner, and the third line of Condra-Daugs-O'Brien. The future looks good in Ottawa, hopefully they can close out a championship in Bingo first!

Old
06-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds246pit View Post
IMO the most impressive guys this postseason have been Cowan (although he did not look good last game), Lehner, and the third line of Condra-Daugs-O'Brien. The future looks good in Ottawa, hopefully they can close out a championship in Bingo first!
Z. Smith has stood out to me as a guy who is bringing it every shift even when the rest of the team doesn't seem to be able to get anything going. I'm becoming a big fan of his.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds246pit View Post
Wick being out is the best thing that could happen to the 4th line. He is worthless. We used to call useless plays/players a UHL play but now they are just a "Wick". I have not seen him win a corner battle in the postseason. He makes soft passes and he's basically A-rod and only scores when it doesn't matter (team is up 5-1).

Outside of him this team has looked solid. I do like Greening's style but he is a better fit on a checking line. Hoffman playing with Locke makes sense given the drive Hoffman had in game 3.

Yeah this is mostly true. Wick hasn't showed much given all the hype he received. He had streaky moments this season. Needs at least another solid year to see if he can develop to his potential. I think it's a good move to bench him, or that he unfortunately was injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Z. Smith has stood out to me as a guy who is bringing it every shift even when the rest of the team doesn't seem to be able to get anything going. I'm becoming a big fan of his.
This.

Nothing else to say, Z.Smith is the real deal. He's playing like he wants it.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
petelevi

It's all about a body of work and paying attention to what coaches and management say. Who and where people play is about what they deserve--so for the Wick haters, he's apparently a better option than Dziurzynski when he's healthy. He's also someone management wants to re-sign. So either KK and the Murray's have been fooled, or they are seeing something in him that isn't translating for you.

I think fans are disappointed because they thought Wick would light it up, but his numbers are pretty close to what he produced in Switzerland (0.83 PPG for Kloten, 0.70 PPG in Bingo--minus his first 10 pointless games where he was adjusting). He's not a dominant player, but he's a good complimentary player. He does a lot of little things defensively--he saved a goal the other night (the broadcasters picked it up), lifting a stick on the backcheck. He controls the puck well along the boards. He's a good passer and has a good shot (although, like Colin Greening, he has a hard time getting his shot off). A lot of people complain that he isn't very physical and he's not, but the effort is there. Not every player is going to knock people out like Cody Bass. He does try the same deke move too much, but he's simplified his game a lot (particularly during his NHL call-ups).

Anyway, I'm not here to start a big argument about Wick, but I thought someone should provide a little balance. As I said above, players get what they deserve for KK, so there's a reason why Wick was on the fourth line and not higher--but there's also a reason he got moved up as the game went on.

Closed Thread