HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Lose Joacim Eriksson's Rights

Old
06-03-2011, 01:05 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
We really should know by now that any form of stupidity is possible at any time.
Yep, which is why I am preparing for it now.

It will be a nice evening when suddenly my phone receives a text message. As I read the screen it reads, "the Flyers have traded Jeff Carter, and also, first round picks for the next six years for goaltender Miikka Kiprusofft."

Oh, I can't ****ing wait.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:05 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
So because Eriksson is 21 (not 22), he is eligible to re-enter the NHL Entry Draft as a player who was previously selected in the NHL Entry Draft.

So at least we can go draft him again...

AT LEAST WE HAVE SOMETHING TO USE A GOD DAMN THIRD ROUND PICK ON!
we have your 3rd

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
we have your 3rd
We have another. Unless we traded that too. It's hard to keep track.

edit: yeah, we do. We pick at 84th overall.

06-03-2011, 01:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Bummer, but was he really in the cards anyway? Bob is younger and has already played in the NHL at a fairly high level for someone of his experience. Maybe this means they will be more likely to get a big name goalie and they felt Eriksson was not necessary? I'm not too broken up about it. Maybe they'll draft him again this year. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Wellwood is our top prospect now, I guess he should start packing his bags. Holmgren is going to get himslf fired, later rather than sooner, and he's already started salting the earth of our prospect pool. Scorched earth in effect here

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Wellwood is our top prospect now, I guess he should start packing his bags. Holmgren is going to get himslf fired, later rather than sooner, and he's already started salting the earth of our prospect pool. Scorched earth in effect here
We'll end up losing Wellwood after Holmgren calls him up. Homer will give him a one-way plane ticket to Somalia on accident, where he will be shanghaied into service on a pirate boat. They will offer us a 7th round pick in the pirate draft as compensation.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Bummer, but was he really in the cards anyway? Bob is younger and has already played in the NHL at a fairly high level for someone of his experience. Maybe this means they will be more likely to get a big name goalie and they felt Eriksson was not necessary? I'm not too broken up about it. Maybe they'll draft him again this year. Haha.
Bobrovsky is about 2 years older...and JE has done a pretty impressive job so far, early on in his development. There is a fair amount of thinking that he'll ultimately be better than Bob, and it's not all without merit, either.

This is absolutely infuriating. **** Paul Holmgren. Dude is an imbecile.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:21 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
That sucks.

For those who say our core is young and defend Homer, we better win the cup in the next 2-3 seasons, because you're going to see a huge fall once our defense is anchored by oft-injured Pronger and Andrej Meszaros.

Edit: I'm sure the media won't bring this up either, they'd rather question him about Richard's C or Carter's offseason 'hit-it' list.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Allow me to distract away from Holmgren's stupidity.......Carter and Richards drink too much

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
IrishSniper87

Sad to see Erikkson go. I'm sure Homer tried to get him under contract but was unable to.

You guys assuming Homer is an idiot and just let this pass kill me. Seriously, you think he doesnt have all these dates in his to-do list?

There is a very real reason Erikkson is gone, and it's not because Homer is an "idiot". Can't say the same for some of the posters here though. You guys whine about everything. Seriously, take a chill pill. There are numerous things going on behind the scenes that none of you will EVER know. Get over yourselves.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:24 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Allow me to distract away from Holmgren's stupidity.......Carter and Richards drink too much
if Holmgren was your boss, so would you

Old
06-03-2011, 01:26 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
if Holmgren was your boss, so would you
See the funny thing is that I'm convinced Holmgren is a dry drunk......it's the only explanation for his baffling offseason FAILURES....

Old
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Sad to see Erikkson go. I'm sure Homer tried to get him under contract but was unable to.

You guys assuming Homer is an idiot and just let this pass kill me. Seriously, you think he doesnt have all these dates in his to-do list?

There is a very real reason Erikkson is gone, and it's not because Homer is an "idiot". Can't say the same for some of the posters here though. You guys whine about everything. Seriously, take a chill pill. There are numerous things going on behind the scenes that none of you will EVER know. Get over yourselves.
If he didn't make this his absolute top priority and do everything he could to sign Eriksson, then he should be shot in the face.

Unless he comes out and holds a press conference saying Eriksson's agents were just refusing everything and provides some valid reasons why he couldn't get the job done, then he's still a retard in my book.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Bobrovsky is about 2 years older...and JE has done a pretty impressive job so far, early on in his development. There is a fair amount of thinking that he'll ultimately be better than Bob, and it's not all without merit, either.

This is absolutely infuriating. **** Paul Holmgren. Dude is an imbecile.
Bob is 2 years older? I thought he was only 21. Either way I'm not sweating it just yet. Eriksson is all potential at this point. For all we know he may never play a minute in the NHL. Sucks losing your top prospect one way or another though.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
If he didn't make this his absolute top priority and do everything he could to sign Eriksson, then he should be shot in the face.

Unless he comes out and holds a press conference saying Eriksson's agents were just refusing everything and provides some valid reasons why he couldn't get the job done, then he's still a retard in my book.
This could be as simple as Erikkson wanted to be drafted elsewhere. Until we do get the information, it's foolish to pass judgment one way or another.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Bob is 2 years older? I thought he was only 21. Either way I'm not sweating it just yet. Eriksson is all potential at this point. For all we know he may never play a minute in the NHL. Sucks losing your top prospect one way or another though.
Bob was born in 1988 (23 in Sept), Erikkson 1990 (just turned 21 in April).

Old
06-03-2011, 01:29 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Bob is 2 years older? I thought he was only 21. Either way I'm not sweating it just yet. Eriksson is all potential at this point. For all we know he may play a minute in the NHL. Sucks losing your top prospect one way or another though.
Maybe he's Maxim Ouellet but at least for him we got Oates for a handful of games

Old
06-03-2011, 01:31 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
It's not quite 2 years. Bob was born in fall of 88; Eriksson in spring of 90, IIRC.

Old
JVR21
G

Quote:

I agree with you in some sense. Really, as fans, we have no idea what goes on in the front office in terms of negotiations and evaluating prospects. We do know, however, that Homer and the crew definitely thought about what they were going to do. My gripe is that he was our top prospect and we didn't even try to trade his rights at any point. We also signed a goaltending prospect who, from what I've read, isn't as good as Eriksson. Maybe things will change.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
This could be as simple as Erikkson wanted to be drafted elsewhere. Until we do get the information, it's foolish to pass judgment one way or another.
So on a team with a laughing stock of the league goaltending situation where he has the most chance to possibly prove himself and earn a spot in the coming years he decides he wants to go elsewhere?
Doesn't seem plausible but we shall see why he wasn't made a priority....

Old
06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I agree with you in some sense. Really, as fans, we have no idea what goes on in the front office in terms of negotiations and evaluating prospects. We do know, however, that Homer and the crew definitely thought about what they were going to do. My gripe is that he was our top prospect and we didn't even try to trade his rights at any point. We also signed a goaltending prospect who, from what I've read, isn't as good as Eriksson. Maybe things will change.
Again, something you don't know.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:33 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Homer has a long history of being ignorant of little things that bite us in the ass.

Until he comes out and says otherwise, I'm going to assume this is another one of those things.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Again, something you don't know.
Yeah, true. I would find it hard to believe nobody would pony up a 7th rounder for him, though.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:36 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

is Klotz still under contract?

Old
06-03-2011, 01:36 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline