HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Lose Joacim Eriksson's Rights

Old
06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Rick Deckard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
is Klotz still under contract?
Until the end of the season.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
This could be as simple as Erikkson wanted to be drafted elsewhere. Until we do get the information, it's foolish to pass judgment one way or another.
I find it HIGHLY unlikely given the amount of praise this kid received from the organization, the different interviews explaining his excitement about joining the Flyers' organization in the near future, and the freaking Philadelphia hoodie he was photographed wearing in the locker room two years after being drafted.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
then you trade his rights.
This is completely unacceptable
Seriously? Did you read Bill's column, he was talking to you.

I'm sure if Homer phoned 29 GMs and said, 'do you want Joacim Eriksson for a 6th round pick?' the reply would have been a unanimous 'who?'

Face it, no one but Flyer hardcore fans and his mother have ever heard of this kid.

He might be a great player some day, but he's not now, and with the new agreement we can only hold onto Euro prospects as long as NA ones.

Look on the bright side, there are a lot of players whose rights are being let expire for the same reason, and we'll have ample opportunity to sign them now. Hovinen for example.

And guys like Bertilsson and Eriksson, who aren't ready to come over and/or don't want to ride the buses in the AHL, know how well players get treated in Philly, having been to the prospect camps. In signing them now, we'll have an advantage of a) having heard of them b) them knowing us.

One of the reasons Calgary had to trade a real prospect, Erixon, was because he wouldn't sign because he thought Calgary would put him in the minors. The Rangers are stuck now, they pretty well have to put him in their roster next year.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:02 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Seriously? Did you read Bill's column, he was talking to you.

I'm sure if Homer phoned 29 GMs and said, 'do you want Joacim Eriksson for a 6th round pick?' the reply would have been a unanimous 'who?'

Face it, no one but Flyer hardcore fans and his mother have ever heard of this kid.

He might be a great player some day, but he's not now, and with the new agreement we can only hold onto Euro prospects as long as NA ones.

Look on the bright side, there are a lot of players whose rights are being let expire for the same reason, and we'll have ample opportunity to sign them now. Hovinen for example.

And guys like Bertilsson and Eriksson, who aren't ready to come over and/or don't want to ride the buses in the AHL, know how well players get treated in Philly, having been to the prospect camps. In signing them now, we'll have an advantage of a) having heard of them b) them knowing us.

One of the reasons Calgary had to trade a real prospect, Erixon, was because he wouldn't sign because he thought Calgary would put him in the minors. The Rangers are stuck now, they pretty well have to put him in their roster next year.
You bring up some extremely good points, though I think Erixon didn't want to sign in Calgary for other reasons. Granted, I haven't looked into the situation extensively though (another HF writer broke it a bit back).

That said, this does really strengthen the European leagues in that many players who don't want to spend time in the minors can just stay in Europe, opt out of their NA rights, and seek a new team when they feel they're "ready" for the NHL.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Garbage Goal

...So we've lost both Maroon and Eriksson in the last year. So, in other words, we've lost our only good prospects and therefore our best prospects within a year for completely idiotic reasons?

FML. About to punch a kitten, steal candy from babies, and **** all over my neighbors lawn. I'm ****ing pissed.

Who do we have in our prospect pool now that deserves to get any excitement over? Gustafsson maybe? No one?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:03 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I was never sold on Maroon, honestly.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
If he didn't make this his absolute top priority and do everything he could to sign Eriksson, then he should be shot in the face.

Unless he comes out and holds a press conference saying Eriksson's agents were just refusing everything and provides some valid reasons why he couldn't get the job done, then he's still a ****** in my book.
Yeah, I am sure the press will be flocking to a press conference for explaination why a 22 y/o Euro prospect that was 2nd string on his team was loss.

Get a f---ing clue.

So many people have no clue the circumstances of how things developed just excited at the opportunity to b+tch.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
...So we've lost both Maroon and Eriksson in the last year. So, in other words, we've lost our only good prospects and therefore our best prospects within a year for completely idiotic reasons?

FML. About to punch a kitten, steal candy from babies, and **** all over my neighbors lawn. I'm ****ing pissed.

Who do we have in our prospect pool now that deserves to get any excitement over? Gustafsson maybe? No one?
Excited? Nobody.

Mildly hopeful? Gustafsson, Wellwood, Ranford, Read, Holmstrom, Testwuide, Marshall? Maybe Akeson and Manning?

Old
06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Homer has a long history of being ignorant of little things that bite us in the ass.

Until he comes out and says otherwise, I'm going to assume this is another one of those things.
Who knows? Maybe JE will be signed as an UFA in a season or two.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:14 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Who knows? Maybe JE will be signed as an UFA in a season or two.
I'm pretty much hoping he doesn't get drafted and we sign him this summer.

Then we can all forget this ever happened...

Old
06-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Rick Deckard

Panaccio on twitter:

Quote:
Paul Holmgren tells that signing G Niko Hovinen impacted on letting J. Eriksson go unsigned. More coming...

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:18 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
@tpanotch: Paul Holmgren tells that signing G Niko Hovinen impacted on letting J. Eriksson go unsigned. More coming...
Don't know if that makes me feel any better about it

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:22 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Sad to see Erikkson go. I'm sure Homer tried to get him under contract but was unable to.

You guys assuming Homer is an idiot and just let this pass kill me. Seriously, you think he doesnt have all these dates in his to-do list?

There is a very real reason Erikkson is gone, and it's not because Homer is an "idiot". Can't say the same for some of the posters here though. You guys whine about everything. Seriously, take a chill pill. There are numerous things going on behind the scenes that none of you will EVER know. Get over yourselves.
I agree with you 100%. We're talking a prospect, not an all star NHL player here. It's the usual HF Response:

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Well, let's see how Hoivenen plays out I guess. .

06-03-2011, 02:26 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I agree with you 100%. We're talking a prospect, not an all star NHL player here. It's the usual HF Response:
Eh, some of us are just tired of seeing our prospect pool continue to dwindle away.

When Eric Wellwood is your top prospect, there is really no positive in this.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
Don't know if that makes me feel any better about it
I dont understand how he can rational how 1 good season of Hoivenen is better then Eriksson, especially when sunshine is 2 years younger.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Can't wait to hear the rationale for this one. This organization continues to amaze me.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh, some of us are just tired of seeing our prospect pool continue to dwindle away.

When Eric Wellwood is your top prospect, there is really no positive in this.
That's nice and all, but when every ****** thread here is a shot at Homer or something related about the organization's wrong-doings it goes from "getting your point across" to "****ing annoying." And honestly I feel bad for the Flyers fan base in general cause I'll often read threads here and think that outsiders must think Flyers fans are a bunch of whiny *****es.

They also have a good handful of young players. It's nice to have prospects, but it's going to be hard to fit them into the lineup if you've got better players still on the team, barring injury of course.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Jray42

Quote:
That's nice and all, but when every ****** thread here is a shot at Homer or something related about the organization's wrong-doings it goes from "getting your point across" to "****ing annoying." And honestly I feel bad for the Flyers fan base in general cause I'll often read threads here and think that outsiders must think Flyers fans are a bunch of whiny *****es.
Well when you havent had a goalie in years, and your GM is a clueless **** who cant keep his only decent prospect who happens to be a Goalie that everyone had high hopes for.. yeah, people will *****, and rightfully so.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:31 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Well how are we supposed to sugar coat this? I posted this on the prospect board, and most there agree this was a bad move. Yea its just a prospect. He could turn out to be nothing, but that doesnt forgive him for making yet another bad decision. I dont see any rational in getting rid of a promising young goalie instead of some of these other ****** players we have to sign or are currently signed.

I am starting to think that Eriksson and the Flyers have some sort of agreement in place in the future. Eriksson was too pumped up to be a Flyer to just be shown the door. When he was interviewed he said he was expecting to stay one more season and then come over to NA. maybe they sign him one year from now.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Well when you havent had a goalie in years, and your GM is a clueless **** who cant keep his only decent prospect who happens to be a Goalie that everyone had high hopes for.. yeah, people will *****, and rightfully so.

It seems 'everyone' who had high hopes for Eriksson didn't include the friggin GM, Director of Player Development (whatever title) and the Euro scouts who follow him but recommended signing Hovinen instead.

But what the F would they know, they've actually seen them play?

***** away. (note: I just put in the asterisks, you can add whatever 5 letter word for whinge you prefer.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Larry44

Quote:

Touche. Well-played good Sir Knight.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:41 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44;33397293[B
]It seems 'everyone' who had high hopes for Eriksson didn't include the friggin GM, Director of Player Development (whatever title) and the Euro scouts[/B] who follow him but recommended signing Hovinen instead.

But what the F would they know, they've actually seen them play?

***** away. (note: I just put in the asterisks, you can add whatever 5 letter word for whinge you prefer.
Well considering in the past, they HAVE stated they liked him a lot, even Homer did, I find what you said to be wrong. I guess you totally agree with their decision getting rid of him and keeping some of these other ****** prospects? Congrats Larry. Your 110% faith in the organization continues.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
BernieParent

Could Paul Holmgren find Adirondack on a map?

I figure the real reason is that Holmgren couldn't remember what the sticky note on the calendar stating "SING ERIC SON" meant. He asked Eric the assistant office manager if he had a son who was in some sort of concert, but Eric has no children. So Holmgren went back to his WonderWord.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote