HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek sent down

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 10:07 AM
NYR1084

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Komisarek sent down

Hey guys,

Talked to my brother's girlfriend and she said Chris left her a message and in it he said that Komisarek was sent down, along with another forward. When I saw Mike before the home opener, he said himself he wasnt sure of his situation, and that sitting in the pressbox wasnt where he wanted to be obviously. But I hope this is a temporary thing, and we see him back with the Habs real soon.

Take care

Kev

Old
10-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Bulis

vCash:
Who's the other forward? Is it your Bro? or maybe Dwyer?

Old
10-16-2003, 10:10 AM
Darz

I don't think Komisarek will be in Hamilton too long, but playing a lot of minutes per game in Hamilton is waaaay better for his development than sitting in the press box or recieving minimal minutes in Montreal.
I'm sure management feels he is still on the right track development wise, so...........

Old
10-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Brownies

Komo and Dwyer. Komo will be call soon anyway...

Old
10-16-2003, 10:21 AM
arsobro

From RDS:

03/10/16 Komisarek et Dwyer à Hamilton
Bob Gainey a annoncé jeudi que le défenseur Mike Komisarek et l'attaquant Gordie Dwyer avaient été cédés aux Bulldogs de Hamilton de la Ligue américaine.
Komisarek, âgé de 21 ans, a participé à six matchs préparatoires avec le Canadien cette saison. Dwyer, âgé de 27 ans, a pris part à deux des trois premiers matchs du Canadien en 2003-2004.

Old
10-16-2003, 10:27 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
When do you think Big 8 (just like the pop, lol) will make it back to the Habs? Do you think there will be a trade happening, injuries, dropping someone, or what?

Old
10-16-2003, 11:03 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Well, not exactly unexpected news, but I hope Komo goes down there, gets lots of ice time, and gives management no other option than to bring him up because he is tearing it up in Hamilton. Lots of ice time in Hamilton is the best thing for big Komo right now, you don't get any better sitting miles above ice level.

Old
10-16-2003, 11:05 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

from TSN:
"Montreal Canadiens’ General Manager, Bob Gainey, announced today that defenceman Mike Komisarek and forward Gordie Dwyer have been assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League"

Old
10-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Maithz

vCash:
Chris really impress CJ . For me Higgins need some 3rd line icetime , he only play 7 minutes last game , I think he deserve much icetime .

I hope the lineup will be

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Ryder - Perreault - Audette

Higgins - Juneau - Bulis

Sundstrom - Ward - Dackell

And for Komisarek , I'm sure BG think about trading a Right D-men or to send Quintal or Rivet at LD . Komisarek need NHL icetime , we will see him back this year , it's sure .

Old
10-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Lewis63

Komi wasn't playing here so he might as well log some ice time in hamilton...Maybe he can pair up with the best Dman in Hamilton--> Traverse!!! hehehe

Hope Komi will be back in mtl soon

as for Dwyer, well we have Landgon down and I think a Langdon-Begin-Ward could be very effective if used properly. Don't give up Gordie

Old
10-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
Chris really impress CJ . For me Higgins need some 3rd line icetime , he only play 7 minutes last game , I think he deserve much icetime .

I hope the lineup will be

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik

Ryder - Perreault - Audette

Higgins - Juneau - Bulis

Sundstrom - Ward - Dackell

And for Komisarek , I'm sure BG think about trading a Right D-men or to send Quintal or Rivet at LD . Komisarek need NHL icetime , we will see him back this year , it's sure .
I think you forgot about one Saku Koivu:p Higs won't stay up for the season, I highly doubt it. When Koivu returns I see him being sent down.

Old
10-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Even if 7-8 minutes if not a lot. I like Higgins on the fourth line. This also considering Sundstrom is not exactly what I would call a 4th liner.

Of course, I would like him having more than 7 minutes but dont forget this guy comes from american college hockey. He have play like 30 games last year. Give him time to adjust.

I wouldnt mind to much if he's send down soon. But for now, i'm really happy he's stay up.

As for Komi, Well it's just a matter of times. Quintal doesnt look very well since the beginning of the season but the team have won back-to-back great games. He's going to losse his place or a trade will happen or an injury will comes. We are not exactly the kind of team that avoid injuries...

Old
10-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I think you forgot about one Saku Koivu:p Higs won't stay up for the season, I highly doubt it. When Koivu returns I see him being sent down.

I mean the tonight lineup

Old
10-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Corey

Darz, you said you don't think it's good for Komisarek to play a few minutes a game or sit in the press box. Doesn't that also apply to Higgins?

Old
10-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Habs

So is Langdon, or Begin, stepping in to the fourth line soon? Does this mean Killger is healthy? We need a little size to replace Dwyer, don't we?

Old
10-16-2003, 12:38 PM
mcphee

It seemed the other night that good things happened whenever Higgins was on the ice. He seemed to anticipate the play well and do all the little things well. He has a knack for closing space on the puck carrier. These aren't usually a rookie's strong points. I'm curious as to whether they want to take a longer look at him. Though if Begin is playing tonight, I assume Higgins isn't. Komi going down is interesting. I suspect that going into camp they thought that one of the RD's would play on the left side, as I think that they assumed that Hainsey wouldn't stay up. Hainsey being pretty steady so far probably surprised them a bit. I guess moving Komi to the left was a last resort plan that Hainsey made unnecessary. More power to Hainsey for earning his icetime. I don't think Komi lost any competition, it was just a numbers game.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Darz, you said you don't think it's good for Komisarek to play a few minutes a game or sit in the press box. Doesn't that also apply to Higgins?
Higgins minutes have went up little by little every game, he has shown that he is capable of playing in the NHL and isn't a liabilty...now he needs some more minutes and needs to play in more key situations.

Komisarek is battling a #'s game in Montreal right now, plus Hainsey has emerged as a fulltime NHLer, once space is made available to Kommy he will be back.

A D spot is a lot harder to hand to a rookie than a forward spot, the responsabilty to a Dman is sooooo much higher.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Well, not exactly unexpected news, but I hope Komo goes down there, gets lots of ice time, and gives management no other option than to bring him up because he is tearing it up in Hamilton. Lots of ice time in Hamilton is the best thing for big Komo right now, you don't get any better sitting miles above ice level.
If they're not planing to move either of Brisebois, Rivet or Quintal, then I don't see how he could get back unless there's an injury to one of them.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:48 PM
tinyzombies

Higgins will go down. He could easily play on the 4th line or even on the checking line, but if we want any offense out of him, he has to play on scoring lines, lengthen his stride, bulk up, get used to the long season stamina-wise, etc.

He doesn't look that far away already.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:53 PM
SwedenRulez

vCash:
The think that didn't help Komisarek is the fact that he is right-hander, and with Brisebois, Quintal and Rivet already on right side, he can't be in the top six if none of the above play at left.

Still, playing in Hamilton is better than to don't play at all.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Bo

vCash:
Habs are much deeper on defence than up front. That is why Mike Komisarek is down and Chris Higgins is still up. I don't think that Hamilton will be bad for Mike, he needs to dominate at a level, which requires more than one season.

Remember, everyone expected Komo to be finishing up his NCAA career this season in Michigan. He accelerated the timetable quite considerably.
He had an excellant rookie season in the AHL last year, but you can't say he dominated there. I would still like to see his considerable offensive potential be developed.

Old
10-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Maithz

vCash:
I hope the first line when Higgins will be sent down will be :

Plekanec - Higgins - Perezhogin

Old
10-16-2003, 10:51 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
exactly Fish, i love your avator...how is your work at McDonalds going?

Old
10-16-2003, 11:03 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
So is Langdon, or Begin, stepping in to the fourth line soon? Does this mean Killger is healthy? We need a little size to replace Dwyer, don't we?
look for Kilger to be back in the lineup soon......if he is not healthy, i think Langdon will play

guys who i would not mind seeing to leave areackell, Juneau, Audette

Also trading Perreault this year(final year of his contract) may not be such a bad idea either. Once these guys are gone we can play a guy with size and toughness(eg Langdon) more often than not

Closed Thread