HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Flyers offseason plan

Old
06-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Fulton44*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
The Flyers gave a 1st round pick for Steve Eminger.
Actually, it was Eminger and a third for a first.

That said, Matt Carle is definitely worth a late first round pick, maybe even a little bit more than that.

Fulton44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Agreed! He has replaced Malholtra as the most over hyped role player on this board.

Keep Betts at $700 and if he can't stay healthy you can replace him easily at the trade deadline with guys like Konopka and Jamal Mayhers. I'd rather have Mayers over Konopka.
That might not be a comparison you want to make, considering Malhotra was spectacular for the Canucks before his eye injury.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 04:48 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
I'd like to see the Flyers putting some stock in Zenon Kenopka. I doubt Homer makes a smart move this offseason.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Do we really need another 300+ PIM guy just when we're getting rid of Carcillo? Especially one that pretty much orchestrated the biggest goonfest of the past season.

Go after Mayers or Hall or somebody like that. Konopka will get penalties for putting on his sweater.

Old
06-03-2011, 06:20 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Agreed, do not want konopka on this team. We need veteran defense first bottom 6 guys with experience and who can be great influence in the locker room

I.e. Lappy....

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Agreed, do not want konopka on this team. We need veteran defense first bottom 6 guys with experience and who can be great influence in the locker room

I.e. Lappy....
Yeah, it's really a shame how much one blocked shot can impact things. Lappy is pretty much exactly what we could use right now, minus the faceoffs.

Old
06-03-2011, 06:35 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Yeah, it's really a shame how much one blocked shot can impact things. Lappy is pretty much exactly what we could use right now, minus the faceoffs.
That is an understatement.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Do we really need another 300+ PIM guy just when we're getting rid of Carcillo? Especially one that pretty much orchestrated the biggest goonfest of the past season.

Go after Mayers or Hall or somebody like that. Konopka will get penalties for putting on his sweater.
I still like the idea of Konopka, given his faceoff prowess. And maybe if he's on a team that plays meaningful games after January, he'll pay more attention to the discipline.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Don't really get the love affair with Konopka. Its like saying we need to improve our powerplay so go out and get Marc-Andre Bergeron and completely ignore the other massive flaws in his game... Konopka isn't a guy I want out there for key faceoffs just because even if he wins the faceoff, he is still out on the ice and pretty much useless. Would much rather a guy like John Madden or Marty Reasoner who can win a faceoff and then serve some purpose afterwards...

I'd also like to keep a forward roster spot open for the prospects to battle over.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I still like the idea of Konopka, given his faceoff prowess. And maybe if he's on a team that plays meaningful games after January, he'll pay more attention to the discipline.
Maybe he would. I feel like Adam Hall would be fine though. His position is on the wing, but this year he took 655 faceoffs and won them at a 55% clip. Seems like it'd be a good situation to have him playing wing and Betts playing center, with Hall taking the faceoffs.

Of course, we may just end up with the same Powe-Betts-Shelley line as last year...

Old
06-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Fulton44*

Quote:
Of course, we may just end up with the same Powe-Betts-Shelley line as last year...
Shelley needs to go. His cap hit is just way too high for what he brings to the table and in Laviolette's system he just isn't a fit at all to be playing every night.

Old
06-04-2011, 09:35 AM
VanSciver

Quote:
Maybe he would. I feel like Adam Hall would be fine though. His position is on the wing, but this year he took 655 faceoffs and won them at a 55% clip. Seems like it'd be a good situation to have him playing wing and Betts playing center, with Hall taking the faceoffs.

Hall is a great choice. But I don't know how the Flyers would be able to afford him.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Fulton44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Hall is a great choice. But I don't know how the Flyers would be able to afford him.
You are being sarcastic, right?

Hall made 600K on his last contract. He probably gets 800K max when he signs this summer.