HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Drew Stafford contract/Brandon Dubinsky wants $4.5M per

Old
06-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
The Rangers finished the regular season in a three-way tie for 25th in the league in faceoffs

We are bragging about this why?
What does that have to do with Dubinsky having a 52.5 face-off percentage? Stop making excuses for your asinine posts

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Isn't it obvious? Anyone who doesn't think Dubinsky is the greatest Ranger of all time has obviously never watched a Ranger game.
That's not what anyone is saying. But you are insinuating he's a lesser player than Wolski, which is laughable.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:15 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
The Rangers finished the regular season in a three-way tie for 25th in the league in faceoffs

We are bragging about this why?

Did I bring up the Rangers faceoff percentage or Dubinsky's faceoff percentage? Explain the part to me where the Rangers faceoff ranking has to do with this discussion.

You're right though, it's Dubinsky's fault that the Rangers finished 25th in the league.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That's not what anyone is saying. But you are insinuating he's a lesser player than Wolski, which is laughable.
What I was trying to get at is if Duby is worth 4 million than Wolski is worth the 3.8.

They are different styles obviously but Wolski is the more talented player.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:24 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
What I was trying to get at is if Duby is worth 4 million than Wolski is worth the 3.8.

He has more raw skill yes but he doesn't put it together and isn't motivated on most nights. That and lack of commitment to defense is why he's been on three different teams in the past two seasons. No one's denying Wolski's skill but with the money he's making and the talent he has, he should be producing more plain and simple.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

Talent has nothing to do with it. Zherdev had 58 points, yet no one was willing to give him 4 mil either. Dubi is by far the more complete player. Point totals don't tell the whole story. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

Wolski is more talented when he feels like giving a ****, but Duby brings intangibles that Wolski does not, and he kills penalties, takes face-offs, and fights. Duby is worth more.

It doesn't matter if you have the talent, it's whether you use your talent, something Wolski doesn't do enough of. That's why he isn't worth his money.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
He has more raw skill yes but he doesn't put it together and isn't motivated on most nights. That and lack of commitment to defense is why he's been on three different teams in the past two seasons. No one's denying Wolski's skill but with the money he's making and the talent he has, he should be producing more plain and simple.
All this from a 37 game sample.

Unless or course your talking about the season before where he had 65 points and led his team in playoff scoring.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Talent has nothing to do with it. Zherdev had 58 points, yet no one was willing to give him 4 mil either. Dubi is by far the more complete player. Point totals don't tell the whole story. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.
Z was given the chance here, I can't say the same about Wolski.

I also don't see the crappy attitude on Wolski like I did on Z which I bet played a part in his leaving.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:

He has a bit more raw talent, but he puts up slightly better numbers when he can't do anything else. Dubinsky can do everything else and put up comparable numbers. Dubinsky is a far better player.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

Unless or course your talking about the season before where he had 65 points and led his team in playoff scoring.
It isn't a 37 game sample, it was a 37 game stint with the Rangers, he played 73 games this year, 36 with the Coyotes... Wolski lacks everything that Dubinsky has when it comes to intangibles and work ethic.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

Why was he traded from Colorado in the first place then if he was playing so well? What about Phoenix since he played so well there last season? He had a 36 game season in Phoenix before coming here and Phoenix wanted to dump him out the window even after his great year in 09-10.

Now the Rangers may look into getting rid of him. You see the correlation here?

Old
06-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Why was he traded from Colorado in the first place then if he was playing so well? What about Phoenix since he played so well there last season? He had a 36 game season in Phoenix before coming here and Phoenix wanted to dump him out the window even after his great year in 09-10.

Now the Rangers may look into getting rid of him. You see the correlation here?
Clearly because he's ****ing awesome.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

Old
06-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
I'm very confused.

Wolski is not worth 3.5 being just one season removed from a 23G 42A 65PT season but Dubnisky is worth 4 after putting up 24G 30A 54PT.

How does that work?
Yea people need to give Wolski a chance. He had an off yr lets see what he can do in one full yr with us. ]

Dubi will get 3.8 per 4 yrs. That's my guess. Sather we cut it down by a few hundred thousand

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Not as awesome as Brandon Dubinsky the future league MVP and Selke winner.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:45 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Again, who here is saying that?

The point most of us are making is that Dubinsky is a much better player then Wolski, and it goes beyond the point totals. If you watched the team even semi-regularly, this part would be obvious.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Is there a reason why you keep bringing that up? no one here is saying that... Clearly you must think that Wolski should be the league MVP because if Dubinsky is better than him, he would be the league MVP. Calling Dubinsky a better player than Wolski has nothing to do with calling him an MVP player and Selke winner. Just stop with the BS.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

if Dubi was a 30 goal scorer too, he'd get $4M. I think he's in the $3.5M-3.75M range. A large factor of the deal is are we buying UFA years? That changes a lot.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Is there a reason why you keep bringing that up? no one here is saying that... Clearly you must think that Wolski should be the league MVP because if Dubinsky is better than him, he would be the league MVP. Calling Dubinsky a better player than Wolski has nothing to do with calling him an MVP player and Selke winner. Just stop with the BS.
I'm a long time poster here and my statement is not just about this one thread. I feel Brandon Dubinsky is the most overhyped players to come through the Rangers since........well damn I can't even draw a comparison. That statement is in regard to many posts I read here, not just in this thread.

Old
06-03-2011, 08:58 PM
ocarina

Quote:
I'm a long time poster here and my statement is not just about this one thread. I feel Brandon Dubinsky is the most overhyped players to come through the Rangers since........well damn I can't even draw a comparison. That statement is in regard to many posts I read here, not just in this thread.
I've followed these boards a long time too, and while it's normal for people to overhype young players, no one rational has gone to the extent of the hyperbole that you are suggesting they have.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
if Dubi was a 30 goal scorer too, he'd get $4M. I think he's in the $3.5M-3.75M range. A large factor of the deal is are we buying UFA years? That changes a lot.
Thank you, n8, for bringing this back on topic. Completely agreed. How does Dubinsky qualify for the same contract as a guy on pace to score 40 goals? If anything, as I said before, this comp points to a 4 year $14MM or 5 year $20MM deal.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Well as you can see, I don't have many posts under my belt, but I think we can all say that Wolski deserves another season, but he is definitely not a better player than Dubinsky.

You may be right in the fact that he is a bit overhyped, but he isn't extremely overhyped at all. I never said Wolski shouldn't be back for next year, but the main argument that you are making, saying Wolski is a better all around player than Dubinsky, is just completely false.

If we sign Richards, I'd love to see Wolski-Richards-Gaborik but if Wolski decides to slack off, he's gotta go. That's just my take.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Thank you, n8, for bringing this back on topic. Completely agreed. How does Dubinsky qualify for the same contract as a guy on pace to score 40 goals? If anything, as I said before, this comp points to a 4 year $14MM or 5 year $20MM deal.
Buying out UFA years cost $$$

Old
06-03-2011, 09:04 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I'm sure his camp will point to the fact that he was dealing with the stress fracture for parts of the year as a reason why he didn't get 30. Your estimates pretty accurate though, I'm gonna go with $3.75M myself.