That was horrible!

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 06:57 PM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
That was horrible!

I can't stand games like tonights loss to the Bruins where we completely outplay the other team and then lose because of luck/good goaltending. Gave me flashbacks to last years series with the ducks where nothing goes in no matter what. Some games it just seems like the hockey gods are against the Stars. Outshot the Bruins 27-13, 3 posts, missed open nets on multiple ocassions. Does anyone else feel my pain?

Old
10-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Dallasman

I cant believe how un-lucky we were tonight. Guerin had a great chance in the 3rd on that power-play and I thought it was in. Modano had 2 huge chance that woulda put us in the lead, one in the 2nd on a pass from Guerin and the other in the 3rd on that exact same powerplay where Guerin missed his chances.

Raycroft made the saves when he needed to and kept them in the game because the way Dallas was playing, we could have beat them like 5-1 or 6-1. They were never in the Stars end of the ice. Simply a tough game to watch as a Stars fan. And being in Canada, I don't get to see many so when I wanna watch my Stars, I usually expect a win and nothing less :p

Old
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Stillmanfan61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Maybe Modano might get benched the next game ? :p
I hate to say it, but I think it might be for the best of the if he took a little stint in Utah to get his confidence up. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of Modo since since his Minnesota days, but his time might've come. Let's face it ppl, his best years are behind him.....I can't honestly see him getting more than 50 points. In my eye, he's lost a step or 2 since last year...I mean, doesn't this guy care???

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe instead of tarnishing his illustrious careerr in the minors, maybe trade him to a team in need a 2nd-3rd line center. The Islanders come to mind.... maybe Modo and a 2nd rounder, for Dipietro, Kvasha and a late rounder.

Thoughts, guys?

Old
10-16-2003, 02:35 PM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttMorrow
I can't stand games like tonights loss to the Bruins where we completely outplay the other team and then lose because of luck/good goaltending. Gave me flashbacks to last years series with the ducks where nothing goes in no matter what. Some games it just seems like the hockey gods are against the Stars. Outshot the Bruins 27-13, 3 posts, missed open nets on multiple ocassions. Does anyone else feel my pain?
Yeah, those are hard to take... Thing about it is.. it's early in the season.. At least the D corp seem to be getting it together..

Old
10-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmanfan61
I hate to say it, but I think it might be for the best of the if he took a little stint in Utah to get his confidence up. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of Modo since since his Minnesota days, but his time might've come. Let's face it ppl, his best years are behind him.....I can't honestly see him getting more than 50 points. In my eye, he's lost a step or 2 since last year...I mean, doesn't this guy care???

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe instead of tarnishing his illustrious careerr in the minors, maybe trade him to a team in need a 2nd-3rd line center. The Islanders come to mind.... maybe Modo and a 2nd rounder, for Dipietro, Kvasha and a late rounder.

Thoughts, guys?
God, dude stay on Andrews and cancell your HF account..

Old
10-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmanfan61
maybe Modo and a 2nd rounder, for Dipietro, Kvasha and a late rounder.
Are you kidding me?

Old
10-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Are you kidding me?
He's a troll.. he's been posting the same on Andrews for about a week..

Closed Thread