HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alfie on The TEAM

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Roy G Biv*

vCash: 500
Alfie on The TEAM

Credit to "Da lil guy" on sensnetwork (as always)

Came in late, thanks for the tip-off Big D!

"If the rules on grappling are enforced, it will make the game better, fun to watch. I hope the fans adjust. We players have to adjust."

- on the rule changes.

"The expectation of the team will be high, but you can't look too far ahead. Hasek will be interesting to watch and will need time to find his game. I don't know Brian Murray or how he will have us play but I look forward to it."

-On the departure of Lalime, Bonk, and Martin, and the addition of Hasek.

"The core will be there. We've got a good team."

- on those that stayed.

"I put a lot of stock in team chemistry. Change is good at times but you didn't see a lot of trades made pre-lockout, you wanted to build from within. That may change with the new CBA, but if you can keep your core guys that will be very important."

- on chemistry

"You can't say anyone looks phenomenal in august, but Spezza looks good. He got a lot of confidence in binghamton, he's ready to play the no. 1 role."

- on how Spezza looks in practice skates.

"He only got a lot of ice time on the power play before. He's got the chance to really prove what kind of player he is. He's matured, he's handled a lot"

- On Spezza's new role.

"I dunno, it's hard to say. The biggest thing for us wasn't toughness, we just couldn't score enough goals in the leafs series. Maybe there could have been a little more roughness. You have to find a balance."

-on McGrattan, changes to roles of players. What went wrong.

"You learn how to handle the pressure, the media attention of us playing the leafs. I don't see why it would be a problem to play the leafs again, we're looking forward to it. It has a lot to do with your position coming into the playoffs, your confidence."

- On what he learned from the playoffs

"I don't really have many personal goals, but I'm looking forward to playing a more offensive style."

- on his goals.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with it."

- on his haircut.

Old
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
r

Thanks Boner....looks like Spezza is making quite the impression, as this is not the first we have heard somebody complement him this summer.

Old
08-23-2005, 07:43 AM
brucegarrioch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Credit to "Da lil guy" on sensnetwork (as always)
Damn, we're good over there.

Closed Thread