HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capology 2010-11

Old
06-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Chicago Made Punk
\-|Stay Alive|-/

vCash: 500
I can give five reasons why Brad Richards does not fit in Carolina:

1. Jim Rutherford
2. Jim Rutherford
3. Jim Rutherford
4. Jim Rutherford
5. Glen Sather

Chicago Made Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
I can give five reasons why Brad Richards does not fit in Carolina:

1. Jim Rutherford
2. Jim Rutherford
3. Jim Rutherford
4. Jim Rutherford
5. Glen Sather
The truth is, we must keep our dollars and cents to keep Chad LaRose and Cory Stillman around. Two integral pieces in which are necessary to keep our losing track record going.

Just say Richards signs somewhere for 7 million... if we could use LaRose's estimated 1.5 and Stillman's estimated 2 million, that's 3.5 million towards Richards, leaving us with 3.5 million remaining to pay towards a contract for Richards. Doesn't sound like a huge price when you cut bait with some other assets that you could likely afford to do without with the addition of Richards.

I'm also just talking for fun here, because I don't think or believe for a second of my life this will or could ever even happen.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
well, probably closer to 4.5-5 million remaining to pay for Richards, which again is hardly an extravagant number. Just have to figure in how much the replacement for LaRose would cost assuming Richards would be replacing Stillman in our top 6.

Not going to happen though, wish it would but let's be reality.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
well, probably closer to 4.5-5 million remaining to pay for Richards, which again is hardly an extravagant number. Just have to figure in how much the replacement for LaRose would cost assuming Richards would be replacing Stillman in our top 6.

Not going to happen though, wish it would but let's be reality.
ah, true. Just wish we could shuffle some things around here and possibly, just possibly make the priority to sign or trade for players in which would likely truly improve this team.

If we did something like this, I think the numbers would work and I think the team would actually be pretty good.

Skinner (1.4) - Staal (8.25) - Cole (3)
Dalpe (.875) - Richards (7.0) - Ruutu (3.8)
Boychuk (1.195) - Sutter (2.5) - Tlusty (.500)
Sutter (.500) - Gordon (.800) - Dwyer (.750)
Bodie/Samson (.500)

Montador (2) - McBain (.850)
Gleason (2.75) - Hejda (2)
Allen (2.9) - Corvo (2.25)
Joslin (.600)

Ward (6.3)
#2 (1.0)

Total salary approx. $51.72 million. About 5 million over the cap floor.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
ah, true. Just wish we could shuffle some things around here and possibly, just possibly make the priority to sign or trade for players in which would likely truly improve this team.

If we did something like this, I think the numbers would work and I think the team would actually be pretty good.

Skinner (1.4) - Staal (8.25) - Cole (3)
Dalpe (.875) - Richards (7.0) - Ruutu (3.8)
Boychuk (1.195) - Sutter (2.5) - Tlusty (.500)
Sutter (.500) - Gordon (.800) - Dwyer (.750)
Bodie/Samson (.500)

Montador (2) - McBain (.850)
Gleason (2.75) - Hejda (2)
Allen (2.9) - Corvo (2.25)
Joslin (.600)

Ward (6.3)
#2 (1.0)

Total salary approx. $51.72 million. About 5 million over the cap floor.
That's pretty good if you ask me, not to mention it's only like $100,000 over what our total hit was last year...

I think if we iced this lineup next year, the Richards investment would so easily pay off the $100,000 extra just in people coming to see him. Then, the team would be better, of course, and more tickets would come in from there. Thirdly, another star on the team would make it that much easier to sell that minority share, and then we'd be out of the whole cap trouble thing in the first place. Even with a budget, there's no reason not to at least try for this lineup...

Not to mention he can QB our powerplay... I mean, point pairings of:

Corvo-Richards
McBain-Hejda (Joslin when he's in)

not bad at all...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 03:28 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
That's pretty good if you ask me, not to mention it's only like $100,000 over what our total hit was last year...

I think if we iced this lineup next year, the Richards investment would so easily pay off the $100,000 extra just in people coming to see him. Then, the team would be better, of course, and more tickets would come in from there. Thirdly, another star on the team would make it that much easier to sell that minority share, and then we'd be out of the whole cap trouble thing in the first place. Even with a budget, there's no reason not to at least try for this lineup...

Not to mention he can QB our powerplay... I mean, point pairings of:

Corvo-Richards
McBain-Hejda (Joslin when he's in)

not bad at all...
Didn't Dalpe QB the PP some down in Charlotte this year? Might be worth a shot here considering our struggles on the man advantage this past year. It's honestly hard to believe there were actually teams worse then us on it this year.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Didn't Dalpe QB the PP some down in Charlotte this year? Might be worth a shot here considering our struggles on the man advantage this past year. It's honestly hard to believe there were actually teams worse then us on it this year.
Eh, it was just that damn stretch of like 50 straight goalless PPs that did us in. The rest of the year we were just inconsistent, not bad. We tend to remember only the bad, but I believe we had 2 or 3 games of 3-4 PP goals... We had the ability, just not the consistency...

As far as Dalpe goes, worth a shot, but not right away. I'd give him 10-15 games or so to settle in before we put him on the point in any capacity, even 5-on-3.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote