HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Superman Returns

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Verbal Kint*

vCash: 500
Superman Returns

Well, a clip has surfaced, and if the movie even barely lives up to it, the movie should be well worth the wait.

http://bluetights.net/

The panel on the right, Journal #22. Has a clip from Comic Con and at the end of it, they show the clip.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Verbal Kint*

If you go through the rest of the Blogs as wlel you can track the making of. There's even an appearance by Peter Jackson (who looks pretty famished) who enlisted Singer to help direct towards the end of shooting for King Kong.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Raging Bull

I actually really like Bryan Singer as a director, but I question his talent as a writer, because his only movies I like so far are Apt Pupil and of course The Usual Suspects, both of which he didn't write. I hated the two X-Men movies, but I hope he gets back on track with this one. Spacey as Luthor should be interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the film that Kevin Smith wrote a screenplay for years ago right? Anyway, I'm really looking foward to this one.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:01 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull
I actually really like Bryan Singer as a director, but I question his talent as a writer, because his only movies I like so far are Apt Pupil and of course The Usual Suspects, both of which he didn't write. I hated the two X-Men movies, but I hope he gets back on track with this one. Spacey as Luthor should be interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the film that Kevin Smith wrote a screenplay for years ago right? Anyway, I'm really looking foward to this one.
My worry is that Jon Peters is producing. If anyone has seen An Interview With Kevin Smith, he talks about his experience writing a script for Superman, specifically, his dealings with Jon Peters. If those stories have any ounce of truth in them, then Peters is an absolute idiot. The fact that they had McG set to direct only increased my worries. He only left the project, because he didn't want to film in Australia.

Having Singer attached is a huge plus. He's a comic book fan, and I find, movies like these work best when the people behind it are fans of the material, and understand the specifics of the project. Plus, I really like what Singer did with the X-Men movies, especially X2. I'm hoping that he counteracts any influence Peters has.

Last edited by discostu: 08-23-2005 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Apparently, I have no grammar skills today
Old
08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
My worry is that Jon Peters is producing. If anyone has seen An Interview With Kevin Smith, he talks about his experience writing a script for the Superman, specifically, his dealings with Jon Peters. If those stories have any ounce of truth in them, then the Peters is an absolute idiot. The fact that they had McG set to direct only increased my worries. He only left the project, because he didn't want to film in Australia.
Ah yes, Jon Peters. The Wild Wild West/Gigantic Spider story......

Closed Thread