HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
you mean Fox Sports doesnt show Eric Staal: Under the Lights before and after EVERY preds game? what is this wizardry!?!?
Nope, we usually get the Bobby Cox one...

Old
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Any word on if SS will show Preds games in Atlanta? I hope so, I would save the $200 on Center Ice if they did.
That would be interesting if they started showing another cities hockey games now that the Thrashers are gone.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
One of the reasons you should pick me in the draft is my hatred for the Red Wings. I know they might not be in your division forever cuz either you guys or the Wings will probably be moving to the East but I felt I should mention it. My best friend is a HUGE wings fan and I will never root for them.
Someone just rocketed up the draft boards. Tell me, do you have the stache?

Old
06-03-2011, 10:31 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
you mean Fox Sports doesnt show Eric Staal: Under the Lights before and after EVERY preds game? what is this wizardry!?!?
Haha they don't show that, but I don't know what they show before and after games. I have DirecTV, so the channel doesn't actually show anything except a DirecTV logo until the game starts. I guess I'm lucky

Old
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Someone just rocketed up the draft boards. Tell me, do you have the stache?

At certain times I do. If needed, I will shave my beard into a mustache when I come up for games. I could even rock a Hawaiian shirt if it helps the Preds win.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:44 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
At certain times I do. If needed, I will shave my beard into a mustache when I come up for games. I could even rock a Hawaiian shirt if it helps the Preds win.
If you fly in on the helicopter I WILL make you the #1 pick.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:47 AM
thomas magnum

Hahaha...If I had a helicopter I'd go ahead and sign up for season tickets cuz it would take me to time to get up there from Atlanta.

I'd also like to add that I like country (old school not the new ****) and drinking too much. I know what you guys are into up there!

Old
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Hahaha...If I had a helicopter I'd go ahead and sign up for season tickets cuz it would take me to time to get up there from Atlanta.

I'd also like to add that I like country (old school not the new ****) and drinking too much. I know what you guys are into up there!
Top 5 potential!

Old
06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
kevinqx

Quote:
If they do broadcast games in old Thrashers' territory they might bring it back by popular demand.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Kevin check the War room for your jersey. You are officially Nashville's first Undrafted Free Agent.

Old
06-04-2011, 11:27 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Okay, I'm seriously getting pissed off with some of the Winnipeg folks now... They're really starting to make this difficult. All the herpaderpa over the name of the team.... Seriously? You won't support the team if it's not called the Jets? Nah, that's cool.. Take my team. It's a cool story, bro.

Old
06-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Okay, I'm seriously getting pissed off with some of the Winnipeg folks now... They're really starting to make this difficult. All the herpaderpa over the name of the team.... Seriously? You won't support the team if it's not called the Jets? Nah, that's cool.. Take my team. It's a cool story, bro.
Some people live in the past and refuse to move forward. I grew up in Hartford as a diehard Whalers fan, had my heart crushed when the Whalers pulled up stakes and left for Raliegh. The Rangers moved their affiliate in there and committed to building a winner. They went to the Eastern Conference Finals in their first year and won the Calder Cup in 1999. It was and still is the City's first and only professional sports championship. Yet still people stayed away because it wasn't the Whalers. This past summer the operating rights to the franchise were sold to Howard Baldwin, who was one of the Whalers original owners. This year mideseason he changed the name to the Connecticut Whalers under the premise that he's going to rebuild the brand and bring the NHL back to Hartford. People came back...

In my opinion the book on the Hartford Whalers closed when they left for Raleigh. I gave a new organization an opportunity and they proved to be the opposite of how the Whalers treated us. They gave us a chamionship and yet people still spat on them.

Some people just don't get it...

Old
06-04-2011, 12:51 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Ugh. When you come up for a game I expect you to bring those five minutes of my life that I wasted on reading that crap back to me. Thanks

Yeah that thread is ridiculous. "You just don't understand the passion of our fans! We love hockey soooo much that if the NHL franchise that is moving into our city isn't named what we want it to be named then we won't support it!" Such passion. I really don't understand that I guess. I mean, the Preds could be renamed the Nashville Ice Kittens and I'd still wear their gear, go to their games, and call myself an Ice Kitten fan. Damn... we really do lack passion for the game down here in the Southeastern US

Old
06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Guys (and girls) I'm seriously all geeked up about hitting up a game in Nashville now. Y'all have been absolutely great. I'm going to spend the summer learning about the team. I know we're doin this draft and all, but it's really all for fun....Expect a good bit of former Atlanta posters over here when the season starts.

Old
06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Guys (and girls) I'm seriously all geeked up about hitting up a game in Nashville now. Y'all have been absolutely great. I'm going to spend the summer learning about the team. I know we're doin this draft and all, but it's really all for fun....Expect a good bit of former Atlanta posters over here when the season starts.
Kevin, I have some contact information for tickets if the ATL boys and girls want to group up and come up for a game. You want me to post it on your forum.

Oh, and the draft rights are only good for 2 months.

Old
06-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Legionnaire11

I hear you Kevin, I hadn't ever read the Thrashers boards before, but followed them very closely over the past few weeks... now that the Winnipeg fans are starting to take over it's become unreadable.

I suppose that it's like how the majority of football fans around here are complete morons about it, most only follow the sport as a social event. Sure there are a lot of great fans and a lot of knowledgeable ones who contribute, but is it worth sifting through all of the crap to get to them?

Old
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
now that the Winnipeg fans are starting to take over it's become unreadable.
Agreed, but the worst thing is how the Peg fans don't realize how tackless it is.

Old
06-04-2011, 04:58 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I don't blame them at all for being excited.... It's just a bit absurd.

Old
06-04-2011, 05:39 PM
kevinqx

Quote:
I don't blame them at all for being excited.... It's just a bit absurd.
I don't blame them simply because that's how I expect them to react. However, it's hard to understand how anyone can be excited given the circumstances of how they got their new team, and what it did to that team's old fanbase.

Not sure I'd take any joy in Atlanta getting another NHL franchise by stealing one from another city.

Old
06-04-2011, 05:54 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinqx View Post
I don't blame them simply because that's how I expect them to react. However, it's hard to understand how anyone can be excited given the circumstances of how they got their new team, and what it did to that team's old fanbase.

Not sure I'd take any joy in Atlanta getting another NHL franchise by stealing one from another city.
Yep... And you'd think if ANYONE would get it, it would be Winnipeg fans

Old
06-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Yep... And you'd think if ANYONE would get it, it would be Winnipeg fans
I think the big thing is that alot of them are too young to really remember the old Jets, or they are told about them through older people.

Old
06-04-2011, 06:32 PM
KevFist
is best pony

All I know is in the announcement press Conference, Bettman was pretty clear in their need to sell out every game to make it work.

It'll happen in the first couple years...Let's see what it's like in Year 5 if they haven't really had success

Old
06-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
All I know is in the announcement press Conference, Bettman was pretty clear in their need to sell out every game to make it work.

It'll happen in the first couple years...Let's see what it's like in Year 5 if they haven't really had success
If it doesn't work, would you enjoy a moment of sadistic pleasure?

Old
06-04-2011, 07:19 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

Your last sentence is what gets lost in all of this. Even the worst markets sell out opening seasons. While Winnipeg doing it so quickly is commendable, I've never seen a bad market in the early days. Let that market experience a repeat of the franchise's past 5 years, and I would imagine you'll see 13k more often than not.

Old
06-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Juneemoon

We are certainly getting swept off the Thrashers board quickly, aren't we?

Closed Thread