HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If you need to make a choice...

View Poll Results: Which would you retain between AK and BL?
Andrei Kostitsyn 0 0%
Brooks Laich 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Laich any day of the week!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Laich any day of the week!
Neither. Raffi Torres

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:03 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Neither. Raffi Torres
I'm a fan of his , but how much will he cost now? 2mil? He brings physical presence, fighting and okay player skills/goes to corners, but not very effective. I'd love to have him along with White (or even on the 3rd line with Eller) for 1.3mil or less.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:18 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I'm a fan of his, but how much will he cost now? 2mil? He brings physical presence, fighting and okay player skills/goes to corners, but not very effective. I'd love to have him along with White (or even on the 3rd line with Eller) for 1.3mil or less.
He's also close to being a 20 goal scorer when healthy,and I'd much rather see him as a 1st/2nd line sub than Moen or Darsche. He'll get more than $2m imo. 3yrs/$7m sounds about right.

Old
06-05-2011, 12:40 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
He's also close to being a 20 goal scorer when healthy,and I'd much rather see him as a 1st/2nd line sub than Moen or Darsche. He'll get more than $2m imo. 3yrs/$7m sounds about right.
And this points out to a depth problem --> Moen being a sub on the first lines.

I do think that when BG signed him he had hopes that Moen would pursue his developement and become a 15-15 kind of player.

This is not the case.

Besides Pouliot (his potential not his results) we have nothing to provide such depth.

Basics become finding a RW that we can park on the 3rd line, that would complement well a young Eller and could be a more than adequate sub in the top6.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
And this points out to a depth problem --> Moen being a sub on the first lines.

I do think that when BG signed him he had hopes that Moen would pursue his developement and become a 15-15 kind of player.

This is not the case.

Besides Pouliot (his potential not his results) we have nothing to provide such depth.

Basics become finding a RW that we can park on the 3rd line, that would complement well a young Eller and could be a more than adequate sub in the top6.
This is a good point but I don't think it will still be true next year with the emergence of Eller, DD and Pacioretty. The way I see it, we have six sure-fire top six forwards for next year: Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn and Gomez, two good subs at center with DD and Eller, and two suitable suits at wings with Pouliot and Darche.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
This is a good point but I don't think it will still be true next year with the emergence of Eller, DD and Pacioretty. The way I see it, we have six sure-fire top six forwards for next year: Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Kostitsyn and Gomez, two good subs at center with DD and Eller, and two suitable suits at wings with Pouliot and Darche.
The jury is out on Pouliot. Too many stupid penalties is what is putting him in the dog house. Focus being the other element that plagues his play.

Darche is a terrific plug-in but not a permanent fixture. In case of long-term injury, he is not a long-term solution.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
habsrule22

you have to believe that PG will sign a top 6 forward/ He tried to trade for 1 at the deadline.There also a possibility of a trade as there is alot of players for the bottom 6 forwards.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

Is Brooks Laich good enough to be a regular on the Canucks?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
There's no guarantee that AK and/or BP will be back. DD and Eller,though promising, are two unproven rookies,coming off injuries.Darsche should be a 4th liner,and a 3rd line fill-in at best.

Old
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Is Brooks Laich good enough to be a regular on the Canucks?
He's a better RW than Jannik Hansen and he's on par with Mikael Samuelsson. Laich can also fill in at centre and win > 50% of draws. He would definately be on their top 6.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Thing is, you're not talking about replacing Moen or Darche with Torres, you're saying we should sign him over AK/Laich, That means, Moen or Darche still could see top line action.
Your whining over management would persist due to lack of depth, even if they do exactly what you want.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:55 AM
jordy

give me brooks laich all day.
I cant even believe this is even a pole. Laich scores just as much as A-Kost and hes a more complete player and much more versitile.

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:09 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
give me brooks laich all day.
I cant even believe this is even a pole. Laich scores just as much as A-Kost and hes a more complete player and much more versitile.
and how may you think he'd score spending half the year with Darche, White or Eller ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:03 AM
JimmyDarmody

LMAO at people still holding their breath on Kosty.

Laich by a country mile.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
...between Andrei Kostitsyn and Brooks Laich. They are both big bodies, physical and rack up 50 ish points or so.

Let's say Laich's agents gives a call to PG and say's:"We would like to entertain an offer from the Montreal Canadiens organization".

We will assume that we cannot keep both. We need to make a choice. Which do you favor?

AK >> BL

or

BL >> AK

On a side note, I cannot garner any argument that may elude to this assumption becoming a reality. Why would Laich leave WAS?
It's a somewhat loaded question because one you can resign as he is a RFA and the other may or may not be available in 4 weeks.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Teufelsdreck

Oh boy, taking on Brooks Laich would automatically make the Habs contenders. He's a potential Hart Trophy winner and the Bruins would shake in their skate boots.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote