HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
There is some talk in the Habs fan Forum in the GM's thread about trying to get Gudbranson from Florida.A couple of first round picks would create groundwork for that kind of deal.

Old
06-03-2011, 07:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
There is some talk in the Habs fan Forum in the GM's thread about trying to get Gudbranson from Florida.A couple of first round picks would create groundwork for that kind of deal.
Not gonna happen.

Might as well talk about this:
What do you think we can get from Vancouver if we swap Ballard (4.2mil til 2014/15) for Spacek?

Old
06-03-2011, 08:09 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Not gonna happen.

What do you think we can get from Vancouver if we swap Ballard (4.2mil til 2014/15) for Spacek?
I just read Tallon's take on Gudbranson no chance he's trading him.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Protest the Hero

I don't want Ballards cap hit for the next four seasons, but if someone is going to take it they'd have to throw in something nice. I don't know enough about their prospects to make predictions but I wouldn't be surprised if some team gets Hodgson from them.

Old
06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Not gonna happen.

Where will u find the money to sign Eller PK and Price next year when they will cost
at least 5-7 M more

Spacek+Gill=6M

Gauthier is not crazy, he will try to get some $$$ free up next summer

Old
06-04-2011, 02:11 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I don't want Ballards cap hit for the next four seasons, but if someone is going to take it they'd have to throw in something nice. I don't know enough about their prospects to make predictions but I wouldn't be surprised if some team gets Hodgson from them.
Yeah, No. Hodgson aint going no where

Old
06-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Johnson > subban
are u talking about draft position?

Otherwise I'd take PK over EJ any day of the week. Subban's play in these playoffs was as good as any other dman in the league this offseason... And he's just going to get better.

Old
06-04-2011, 09:25 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

Otherwise I'd take PK over EJ any day of the week. Subban's play in these playoffs was as good as any other dman in the league this offseason... And he's just going to get better.
PK Subban is a one of a kind (great for the Habs)2nd rounder.He has already made me forget McDonagh,our team is going places quick.Each time the team hits a home run that gives the GM one less position to fill and makes it easier to get the accompanying players to play with them.Having Markov,Yemelin,Subban,Price,Pacioretty and Eller is going to narrow the pieces Pierre needs to build that champion team.The Habs are on the verge of a special team it may only take one more special player.

Old
06-05-2011, 08:19 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

On paper, they're close. EJ has the hulking size and longer reach while PK has the intangibles (potential leadership,trolling).

Old
06-05-2011, 08:35 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
On paper, they're close. EJ has the hulking size and longer reach while PK has the intangibles (potential leadership,trolling).
Considering age and cap hit,is there actually more than 5 people you would trade straight up for PK. I'm far from being rose-coloured glass type,but this kid is already our best player,and will need protection moving forward,as he'll continue to be a target of cheap shots.

Old
06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
PK Subban is a one of a kind (great for the Habs)2nd rounder.He has already made me forget McDonagh,our team is going places quick.Each time the team hits a home run that gives the GM one less position to fill and makes it easier to get the accompanying players to play with them.Having Markov,Yemelin,Subban,Price,Pacioretty and Eller is going to narrow the pieces Pierre needs to build that champion team.The Habs are on the verge of a special team it may only take one more special player.
I agree with you. And that special player that we are waiting, is by drafting. Imagine if we could get a guy like Jonathan Huberdeau or just wait for next year with Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk. For me, in 2012, Alex Galchenyuk is going to be something special here. He's a centerman unlike Yakupov, what we are desperately needing in our system.

Old
06-05-2011, 10:26 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I agree with you. And that special player that we are waiting, is by drafting. Imagine if we could get a guy like Jonathan Huberdeau or just wait for next year with Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk. For me, in 2012, Alex Galchenyuk is going to be something special here. He's a centerman unlike Yakupov, what we are desperately needing in our system.
Well you never know with Gauthier at the helm he seems to go after the player the Habs need and find them all the time.If he feels like we do about the Habs future he may just make a splash this summer and bring in the player we need.(Brad Richards,Huberdeau,or Couturier)

Old
06-05-2011, 03:11 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Say I'm looking for attention if you want, But my Cousins best Friend is the son of a NHL Player's Agent Firm owner.

He told me Rumors around Andrei Kostitsyn to be traded. Take it for whats it's worth but he announced me the Wiznewski trade before i saw it on Hfboards and the signing of Mike Cammalleri two summers ago and showed me the text from his friend with all the details and TSN/RDS didn't say it yet on their Free Agents show (It was Canada's day and he was over my house with the family to celebrate)

Take it for what it's worth, just spreading the word lol

Old
06-05-2011, 06:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Say I'm looking for attention if you want, But my Cousins best Friend is the son of a NHL Player's Agent Firm owner.

He told me Rumors around Andrei Kostitsyn to be traded. Take it for whats it's worth but he announced me the Wiznewski trade before i saw it on Hfboards and the signing of Mike Cammalleri two summers ago and showed me the text from his friend with all the details and TSN/RDS didn't say it yet on their Free Agents show (It was Canada's day and he was over my house with the family to celebrate)

Well, that ****ing sucks. His rights will be worthless and he'll still put up 40+ pts and continue to be physical on other teams. And if that is true, why wasn't he traded at the deadline for a better return?!

Old
06-05-2011, 06:45 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Well, that ****ing sucks. His rights will be worthless and he'll still put up 40+ pts and continue to be physical on other teams. And if that is true, why wasn't he traded at the deadline for a better return?!

PG will not deal Kostitsyn without any reason ....

Old
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:

I have the impression that AK is just going to be that guy on the team that will perpetually be trade bait until he's gone for good. You probably heard that he's rumored to be traded because Gauthier is always trying to trade him, or find our how much he can get for him.

Old
06-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

If you're telling the truth, get a picture of your friend's phone with the message and time index.

I'm hearing Montréal could make a trade between now and the start of next season. Stay posted for the inside scoop!

Old
06-05-2011, 11:48 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If you're telling the truth, get a picture of your friend's phone with the message and time index.

I'm hearing Montréal could make a trade between now and the start of next season. Stay posted for the inside scoop!
Weather what he texted to me is true or not, I'm clueless. I'm basically just quoting him haha. If it happens it does; If it dosn't well i can say its not my fault

Old
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
If we are talking about the 2012 draft, I would rather draft Mikhail Grigorenko, who is a big playmaking center. But he will most likely go top 3, if not first ovl, and as much as I want to dream of the habs getting him, I know they won't.

Old
06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post
If we are talking about the 2012 draft, I would rather draft Mikhail Grigorenko, who is a big playmaking center. But he will most likely go top 3, if not first ovl, and as much as I want to dream of the habs getting him, I know they won't.
I can't see any team trading their 1st pick in next years draft,so unless the Habs fail miserably next season it ain't happening.(Injury riddled team from hull?) come to mind. This years draft has possibilities no superstar amongst these (Huberdeau,Larsson, Nugent,Couturier)There is no Taylor Hall,Tyler Seguin ala 2010 or Tavares,Duschene ala 2009.Larsson being billed as Lidstrom's 2nd coming Nyet. Potential but,no proof that's what I see,any player picked in the top 20 could be as good as the rest.Next season there will be ten franchise players to choose from.

Old
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Stephaaane

Just for fun,

i'm not saying that I would do it but I would definetaly think about it for a while.

C.Price for J.Markstrom and 3rd overall

I'm just curious to see if :
1- Value is there for both teams without considering needs.
2- If you answered yes at 1-, would you still pull the thrigger or intangibles comes into play?

Old
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Just for fun,

i'm not saying that I would do it but I would definetaly think about it for a while.

2- If you answered yes at 1-, would you still pull the thrigger or intangibles comes into play?
I can't see the Habs making a move that would shoot them in the foot like that deal.Carey is a proven #1 goalie and the only plus would be being a lottery team for next years draft extravaganza.

Old
06-06-2011, 07:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Just for fun,

Very tempting. Markstrom is said to be a great goalie in a few years, but he's almost ready for NHL action from what I hear. And with the 3rd? Are you kidding? Anywhere from the Nuge/Couturier to Strome... drool. Again very tempting, but I think Price is untouchable in this org even for Crosby and Fleury.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Weather what he texted to me is true or not, I'm clueless. I'm basically just quoting him haha. If it happens it does; If it dosn't well i can say its not my fault
Just do what Eklund does and say it was called off at the last second.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Roulin

Pouliot for Versteeg?

Closed Thread