HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard

Old
06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Shutdown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post

How do you know they won't be there in the camp in July? as far as I know the line-up for that camp isn't known yet...
I'm almost positive I read Emelin won't be coming to Montreal until August. I'm guessing it's the same story for Diaz. Both these guys are much older than the guys going to the development camps. No need for them to be there, they're already established professional hockey players.

edit: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...e-canadien.php

Quote:
Emelin entend arriver à Montréal au mois d'août afin de commencer à patiner avec ses nouveaux coéquipiers avant même le début du camp d'entraînement, mais il n'a pas été déterminé encore si Pierre Gauthier allait lui demander de prendre part au camp de développement de l'équipe qui aura lieu cet été.
He's making the move to Montreal in August, but when he signed with the Habs, it was unclear on wether or not Gauthier would ask him to take part in the development camps. Once again, I'm assuming whatever applies to Emelin, will apply to Diaz.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:00 PM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Somebody who follows the Q closer than I do could probably say for sure, but I remember reading Evan Mosher was one of the best goalies in the league last year. Don't know anything about the other invitees. Probably just spot-fillers.
U are so right about Evan Mosher - Gauthier is doing a lot of things right, like signing, Emelin, re-signing Gill, now sign Gorges and Markov, get Puempel in the draft and sign or trade for a top 6 forward.

ikelechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:03 PM
blueberry

I don't know, like most of us I always liked our prospects but you know, looking at the list they really aren't that impressive at all. Another bunch of 4th liners at best, except for hopefully avstin. Really doesn't look so good. We get all excited when the habs sign some guy but they always seem to turn out to be not worth signing afterall. I'm not impressed..........

blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think they did 2 months ago but he decided to stay at UND, I'm sure they'll use this as an opportunity to try and change his mind.
Even if they don't convince him this year its a chance to influence him to sign when if he wants to turn pro the year after this.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Very impressed with Aaron Dell (the awkward net monster) and Malka!! That guy was fantastic this year in the Q. Good stuff. Looking forward to the YouTube videos with the Rocky intros.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
ouch, I just saw the 33 names... wow, our prospect poll is thinner than ever.
That's putting it mildly. I'm depressed by that list. It's almost a flea market. Gauthier seems to be reduced to sifting through undrafted players and rejects because he's almost desperate to solve the Habs' personnel problems. So much for Trevor Timmins restocking the organization with NHL talent coming up through the draft!

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That's putting it mildly. I'm depressed by that list. It's almost a flea market. Gauthier seems to be reduced to sifting through undrafted players and rejects because he's almost desperate to solve the Habs' personnel problems. So much for Trevor Timmins restocking the organization with NHL talent coming up through the draft!
Talk about an overreaction.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:18 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Talk about an overreaction.
He's right though, to some extent. This is what happens when you keep dealing 1st and/or 2nd round picks year in year out.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:21 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
He's right though, to some extent. This is what happens when you keep dealing 1st and/or 2nd round picks year in year out.
It doesnt help when subban, eller, pacioretty, weber, desharanis and white all graduate as prospects in one year.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:22 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
It doesnt help when subban, eller, pacioretty, weber, desharanis and white all graduate as prospects in one year.
Yup, that too. Last year was a huge stepping stone.

Old
06-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Except this part : "Gauthier seems to be reduced to sifting through undrafted players and rejects because he's almost desperate to solve the Habs' personnel problems."

Does he not know what a try-out is, and that this is not the first year they've done this. They're not inviting guys because they've failed at drafting, they're taking a look at guys without having to waste any resources.

You've even heard a bunch of posters talking about Aaron Dell as a promising young goalie, if they get a good young goalie without using a draft pick from this year on one then it's a success.

I'm not going to pretend the majority of these guys are worth anything, but they're free, so who cares.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Our talent pool is not THAT thin, it's just unheralded past Leblanc, Kristo and Tinordi. And Avtsin also, but I for one think he's not so hot.

There's a guy that I really liked us drafting and I'm hoping he pans out, and that is Steve Quailer. Big guy on the wing. I'm sort of worried because he hasn't been so good since coming out of prep school and into the NCAA. We need, badly need, another guy that size so that one day Patches has some back up in terms of physicality.

I can't wait to see Tinordi. If he plays like his dad, we'll have replaced Komisarek (The good Komisarek, not the pig that signed with Toronto and has been mailing it in since...)

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
whismer

Some of you think that our prospect pool is thiner than ever but don't forget that a lots of young player are with the big club

AND others will only come in the next camp

Yes for Bennet, Pateryn but don't forget Westin, Johnson, Trunev (maybe not), Wyman, Dumont, Ellis

Maybe they will add some forwars free-agent for the other one

not all-star but you never know! some will bust other will surprise us.

whismer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by whismer View Post
Some of you think that our prospect pool is thiner than ever but don't forget that a lots of young player are with the big club

AND others will only come in the next camp

Yes for Bennet, Pateryn but don't forget Westin, Johnson, Trunev (maybe not), Wyman, Dumont, Ellis

Maybe they will add some forwars free-agent for the other one

not all-star but you never know! some will bust other will surprise us.
Johnson's rights are going to expire (if they haven't already).
Trunev is still under contract in the KHL. Questionable whether or not he ever comes over thanks to the stupid ****ing Portland Winterhawks.
Wyman is probably gone from the AHL team.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well you know my take on that part...I also agree. And especially not keeping the guys you got for those picks....

But there's still some interesting names out there.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 08:32 PM
HCH

Quote:
Timmins never traded away any prospects

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 11:01 PM
habitue*

Many years of bad first picks + trades of 2nd picks for rentals is giving you that.

And don't forget the Habs have thrown away a lots of good players under 25: Grabovski, S.K., Latendresse, Lapierre, O'Byrne, McDonagh,D'Agostini, even Maxwell and Desjardins.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 11:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Many years of bad first picks + trades of 2nd picks for rentals is giving you that.

And don't forget the Habs have thrown away a lots of good players under 25: Grabovski, S.K., Latendresse, Lapierre, O'Byrne, McDonagh,D'Agostini, even Maxwell and Desjardins.
Oh yea, what about PK, Weber, Desharnais, Wolverine and White (Eller too) graduating to the ****** starting lineup in 1 single season? And Maxwell.. cmon he's been terrible for us. He had plenty of chances to crack the team, but he failed. No room for mediocrity. Gomer's performances are enough.

The cupboard's got quite the room, but it ain't bare either.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 11:13 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Johnson's rights are going to expire (if they haven't already).
Trunev is still under contract in the KHL. Questionable whether or not he ever comes over thanks to the stupid ****ing Portland Winterhawks.
Wyman is probably gone from the AHL team.
What is that story? First time hearing.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 12:42 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
What is that story? First time hearing.
Something about him accepting to join the Chicoutimi Saguenéens if they draft him (team is owned by our coach of the time Guy Carbonneau.) but been grabbed 3rd overall by Portland because their coach knew Trunev personally for having him at a hockey school in B.C. the previous two summers.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 12:44 AM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Something about him accepting to join the Chicoutimi Saguenéens if they draft him (team is owned by our coach of the time Guy Carbonneau.) but been grabbed 3rd overall by Portland because their coach knew Trunev personally for having him at a hockey school in B.C. the previous two summers.
I thought it was the Shawinigan Cataractes and not Chicoutimi, no?

EDIT: Story here - http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/Spo...s-Cataractes/1

Trunev: un rêve devenu presque réel
"Ce qui a été un secret bien gardé jusqu'à jeudi soir a finalement été dévoilé par Martin Mondou.
En effet, les Cats s’étaient entendus avec Maxim Trunev et son agent, et ce dernier avait averti toutes les équipes de la LCH qu’il ne se présenterait à aucune autre que celle avec laquelle ils s’étaient entendus. Pourtant, les Winter Hawks de Portland ont fait fi de cet avertissement et ont quand même repêché Trunev au troisième rang au total."

Old
06-05-2011, 12:51 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
I thought it was the Shawinigan Cataractes and not Chicoutimi, no?

EDIT: Story here - http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/Spo...s-Cataractes/1

Trunev: un rêve devenu presque réel
"Ce qui a été un secret bien gardé jusqu'à jeudi soir a finalement été dévoilé par Martin Mondou.
En effet, les Cats s’étaient entendus avec Maxim Trunev et son agent, et ce dernier avait averti toutes les équipes de la LCH qu’il ne se présenterait à aucune autre que celle avec laquelle ils s’étaient entendus. Pourtant, les Winter Hawks de Portland ont fait fi de cet avertissement et ont quand même repêché Trunev au troisième rang au total."
I guess I always bring back Chicoutimi because of Mikus and that it is Carbo's team.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:06 AM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
People do know that many teams invite players for try-outs to find unheralded talent that you can sign without using draft picks? The guy who won the game for VAN tonight, Alex Burrows was undrafted and bounced through a lot of crap leagues to make the NHL. Any team that just goes through the draft and doesn't give try-outs is beyond foolish. Hamilton's leading defensive forward this season, Andreas Engqvist was a try-out that became a member of the organization and Brendon Nash, one of their better defencemen was an undrafted free agent they picked up.

Besides, this is one of two Development Camps the team is hosting, this isn't even the full field of MTL's talent pool. People are panicking over nothing as usual in the offseason.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:20 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
U are so right about Evan Mosher - Gauthier is doing a lot of things right, like signing, Emelin, re-signing Gill, now sign Gorges and Markov, get Puempel in the draft and sign or trade for a top 6 forward.
evan mosher plays for my local team pei rocket

he is very good and very consistant the reason his stats might not be top is rocket kinda suck lol but the reason they ever do anything is because of him he is awesome

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 11:13 AM
S Bah

Sounds to me like Gauthier may have his goalies for Hamilton in Aaron Dell and Chris Rawlings.Then get Mathieu Garon for Price's backup and goalies are locked down for the next few years.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote