HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Games Around the League VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Boston needs to play their ***** off. They need to leave Vancouver with a split.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
06-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Alternate Jersey

vCash: 500
well, i guess that's what happens when your first-line winger is shooting rather than biting.

Old
06-04-2011, 09:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Marchand Marchand Marchand!

Old
06-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Bruins suck. Also ironically funny that the guy who was supposed to be suspended contributed on all three goals for the win.

Old
06-04-2011, 09:58 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

OMG!!! That was AWFUL!!!!!

Old
06-04-2011, 09:59 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Why not just go empty net if that's what you are going to do?

Old
06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Alternate Jersey

burrows-thomas-chara conspiracy. that has to be it, right?

Old
06-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Bruins suck. Also ironically funny that the guy who was supposed to be suspended contributed on all three goals for the win.
But Bettman doesn't want the Canucks to win.

I was hoping for a long series, but Canucks will win in 4 or 5 games.

Old
06-04-2011, 10:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Why not just go empty net if that's what you are going to do?
Empty net, errrr Thomas for the Vezina. I think Vancouver has this guy figured out. A little extra patience on the part of the shooter and he is down and out.

Old
06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Empty net, errrr Thomas for the Vezina. I think Vancouver has this guy figured out. A little extra patience on the part of the shooter and he is down and out.
lmao the guy dominates for most of the night but one mistake = they "figured him out"

ok...

Old
06-04-2011, 11:53 PM
bobafettish*

just give the canucks the cup already, i want the off-season to get started

Old
06-05-2011, 12:11 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Computer View Post
lmao the guy dominates for most of the night but one mistake = they "figured him out"

ok...
Ok I'll back off the they, but certain Canucks are starting to get the idea ok? And Burrows is definitely one of them.

Old
06-05-2011, 02:28 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
They don't want to make the call during the finals, and they don't want to bring negative attention to the game, especially of players biting each other, during the finals. It's naive.
They'll suspend Stoll during the playoffs, but not Burrows, even though Burrows' incident was on the front page of Yahoo and was widely discussed.

Yeah I don't get it.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
burrows-thomas-chara conspiracy. that has to be it, right?
Chara just should have hauled Burrows down behind the net. He should have tackled him or slashed his skates out from under him once he got around Thomas.

In that situation, you HAVE to take a penalty.

Not impressed w/ Chara at all - look where your goalie is, look where the net is: take the guy down!

Old
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
They'll suspend Stoll during the playoffs, but not Burrows, even though Burrows' incident was on the front page of Yahoo and was widely discussed.

Yeah I don't get it.
He bowed to the pressure and could you imagine the whining from Vancouver better off this way

Old
06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

The Bruins suck and Vancouver has Thomas figured out? Last time I checked the Canucks have scored a whopping 2 more goals than the Bruins in the series so far and both games were almost OT games.

It is fitting what happened with Burrows because the NHL can't seem to showcase the game without some sort of contraversy.

Old
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Chara just should have hauled Burrows down behind the net. He should have tackled him or slashed his skates out from under him once he got around Thomas.

In that situation, you HAVE to take a penalty.

Not impressed w/ Chara at all - look where your goalie is, look where the net is: take the guy down!
seriously. he's supposed to be their best d-man, and he lets burrows get around him, and then doesn't make the play to stop the second chance. terrible. and when combined with thomas's style, that's a disaster waiting to happen.

Old
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Damn, Aaron Rome with a very late hit, launching himself right into Horton. Not sure if the head was the direct point of contact, but looks like Rome is getting a 5 and game misconduct. Horton about to be stretchered off.

Old
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

And Boston does nothing on their 5 minute powerplay. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Old
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Damn, Aaron Rome with a very late hit, launching himself right into Horton. Not sure if the head was the direct point of contact, but looks like Rome is getting a 5 and game misconduct. Horton about to be stretchered off.

Sure looked like a leaping elbow to the head to me. Looks like the Canucks just traded their 6th d-man for someone the Bruins can't win without. That was the single worst knockout that I've seen in years of watching hockey. With the new concussion regulations I think he's done for the series.

It's over. They've dived, whined, bitten, and now elbowed their way to the cup. First time in all my years of watching hockey that I've been disgusted by the winners.

One thing watching the playoffs is that if the Kings could move time and space we'd have been a perennial playoff team in the Eastern Conference. Must be at least 4 or 5 teams in the WC that could have beaten the Bruins.

Old
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The Canucks are a dirty team. They simply are. Rome's hit will be where the league issues the suspension and the Canucks can easily absorb his loss. But losing that pile of human excrement Burroughs would have cost the Canucks the last game and more so. Those idiot twins wouldn't have been able to get up in front of the free world after the biting incident and introduced themselves as "carnivore's". Class acts.

The entire Canucks world sucks and to boot, there is a man in port moody who needs to pay for what he has done too. (abstract)

Old
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

Yeah I don't get it.
... The Chara "stanchion hit" on Pacioretty was even more widely discussed, but it didn't carry any supplemental discipline either. Everyone who follows hockey knows how random the NHL is with this sort of thing so I don't see where it's a surprise at all.

Old
06-06-2011, 08:00 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Man, I wish the Kings had a finals opponent this bad in 93.

Old
06-06-2011, 08:00 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The Canucks are a dirty team. They simply are. Rome's hit will be where the league issues the suspension and the Canucks can easily absorb his loss. But losing that pile of human excrement Burroughs would have cost the Canucks the last game and more so. Those idiot twins wouldn't have been able to get up in front of the free world after the biting incident and introduced themselves as "carnivore's". Class acts.

The entire Canucks world sucks and to boot, there is a man in port moody who needs to pay for what he has done too. (abstract)
I cannot believe that I am actually watching this game only hoping at this point that someone from Vancouver pays the price for all their bull****. I hope it's not Kesler, but I want to see someone pay the piper.

EDIT: To clarify - I'm not hoping anyone gets injured, but if it happens, it happens...

Old
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

When you can make those kind of hits and play with that kind of aggression because you don't fear the other team's power play, it makes a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
I cannot believe that I am actually watching this game only hoping at this point that someone from Vancouver pays the price for all their bull****. I hope it's not Kesler, but I want to see someone pay the piper.
I keep expecting to see a Bruin crosscheck Burrows in the mouth, knocking out a bunch of teeth, and then saying "Now try to bite down, B****!!"

Closed Thread