HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Four Players

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 04:07 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Flyers Sign Four Players

Quote:
Storr, Chouinard, Kavanagh and Ready Agree to One-Year Deals

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that goaltender Jamie Storr and forwards Eric Chouinard, Pat Kavanagh and Ryan Ready have agreed to one-year contracts with the club, according to Assistant General Manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"Jamie is a goaltender who has been around the league for a while,” said Holmgren in making the announcement. “He gives us excellent depth at the goaltender position and we look for a strong year from him. Ryan Ready was one of our key veterans on our Phantoms team last year. We thought he deserved a shot to come back and give it a good shot to make the Flyers roster. We feel very fortunate to be able to get Eric Chouinard back and give him another chance at cracking the line-up. Pat Kavanagh is a former Flyers draft pick. He is another guy who brings depth at the forward position.

Flyers

Old
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
i am dave

Does Storr backup Beauchemin?

Old
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
swflyers8*

I would suppose that Storr backs up Reggie, he takes over the Neil Little role.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:34 PM
lynchmob450

Personally, i see Storr being the #1 goalie (possible mentor) for the Phantoms. Beauchemin will have to beat out Storr to be #1.

Also, IF Esche or Frank were to get injured in the AHL, you can bet that it will be Storr and not Beauchemin who will be called up by the Flyers.

(for the record, i like the Storr signing)

Anyone have any details regarding Pat Kavanagh?

Old
08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
CoolDude*

I've never seen a team sign so many horrible players at once.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:57 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude
Boy those Rangers look good, the Phantoms might even give them a run for their money. Most likely ,unless a disaster these guys will not play for the Flyers Einstein.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:14 PM
lynchmob450

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb
Boy those Rangers look good, the Phantoms might even give them a run for their money. Most likely ,unless a disaster these guys will not play for the Flyers Einstein.

You're absolutely right. But you did forget one thing...the 4 guys signed today would ALL crack the Rangers' lineup. How sad is THAT???

Old
08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
I think they're trying to humor Antero Niittymaki by saying Storr has a shot at making the club because he doesn't he couldn't even stay on a horrible Carolina team.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:21 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Storr wasn't very impressive in his stint with the Falcons last year. Good game, bad game kind of player. I'm sure the younger guys will receive a lot of time in the net.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:44 PM
swflyers8*

Quote:

That is so funny coming from a Rangers fan. Our Phantoms team could most likely beat your Rangers...

Old
08-22-2005, 07:52 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
That is so funny coming from a Rangers fan. Our Phantoms team could most likely beat your Rangers...
HAHA OWNED!

Old
08-22-2005, 07:55 PM
FlyerFire

sorry to say but

SAD BUT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
08-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:

I gotta admit, that's funny!

Old
08-22-2005, 11:21 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
Storr wasn't very impressive in his stint with the Falcons last year. Good game, bad game kind of player. I'm sure the younger guys will receive a lot of time in the net.
Not that Storr is anything special, but that team in Springfield last season was HORRIBLE. that team had the worst group of players in the AHL last season not named Utah.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:05 AM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
we all know that just isn't true and not one of those players would make the Rangers. Sorry guys, you can go ahead and think that if it makes you happy.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
Quote:
we all know that just isn't true and not one of those players would make the Rangers. Sorry guys, you can go ahead and think that if it makes you happy.

R.J Umberger.

Old
08-23-2005, 05:24 AM
Brad*

Jamie Storr will be a very good fit for the Phantoms. He's a veteran, and by this point in his career, knows that his role is now to mentor and backup rather than attempt to be the star goalie he was thought to be when drafted seventh overall. I really like how the organization has gone about this, letting their young goalies play but having a "safety net" of sorts in case they fall. Little filled that role brilliantly, let's hope Storr can do the same.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:58 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
What makes us happy is that the Rangers can acquire a ton of all-stars (Fleury, Bure, Lindros, Holik, Jagr, Carter, Kaparaitis) and still not make the playoffs. And that SOME of their fans are dumb enough to make silly comments on players who are filling out our minor-league system.

Chouinard (a failed MONT prospect) will help the Phantoms.
Ward (a failed MONT prospect) will NOT help the Rangers.

but go ahead and think that if it makes you happy.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:04 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost
R.J Umberger.
What about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
What makes us happy is that the Rangers can acquire a ton of all-stars (Fleury, Bure, Lindros, Holik, Jagr, Carter, Kaparaitis) and still not make the playoffs.
Wow, the same old stuff.

It seems like with Philly's great prospects depth that they would be able to fill out those farm team spots with youth instead of giving most of the playing time to career AHLers... maybe?

Old
08-23-2005, 12:19 PM
swflyers8*

Quote:
It seems like with Philly's great prospects depth that they would be able to fill out those farm team spots with youth instead of giving most of the playing time to career AHLers... maybe?
Freddy Meyer, David Printz, Randy Jones, Reggie Beauchemin, Alex Picard, Riley Cote, Umberger, Eager, Gratton, Meloche (has played with PIT) are not career AHLers. And they could easily make the Rangers team anyday.

Thankfully, Umberger decided not to sign with the crappy franchise known as the Rangers and made the smart decision by coming to the Flyers.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:23 PM
jb**

Quote:
What about him?

Wow, the same old stuff.

Your funny, I will give you that. The fact that your team and orginizaton , the Rangers, have been the laughing stock of the NHL for the whole decade and to try to rip on another team that pretty much calls the Rangers their B#$%C is comical. Your GM is inept, you team is well, not very good, only a matter of time before Jagr quits(would like him here though) and countless other things wrong with your team and you come on this board with that reterick. Stop skipping class, it is doing you no good.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Well, having won the Calder Cup, several of the Flyer prospects will be playing in the NHL this year: Carter, Richards, Niittymaki, Seidenberg, Pitkanen and Sharp.

They will still have a lot of good prospects on the Phantoms this year. Umberger is almost ready. Ruzicka looks like a player for sure. Potulny will likely stay in college but he has shone at their development camps. Picard is a year or two away, as is Rejean Beauchemin. Jones is a good prospect who did well in his call up. Printz shows promise and Meyer would be in the NHL if he were only 6' instead of 5'9". Josh Gratton and Triston Grant will fight, literally, for a chance at Brashear's job next year.

You need a nice mix of veterans and kids in the minors, so we have that. Chouinard and Kavanagh are still young, and are both good enough to play in the NHL if injuries require. Ready isn't that old either, having played Jr. with Radivojevic.

Do the Rangers have any prospects, or is Jamie Lundmark still it? ROTFLMAO.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Cuiff

Hold up. Is a ranger's fan coming on this board to talk trash to us.

LOL..............LOL.....................LOL

Yo Buddy. The good news for you is that the Rangers only have $39 mil to mismanage this season!

Glenn Sathers (SP?) What a joke!!

Old
08-23-2005, 12:33 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmob450

(for the record, i like the Storr signing)
buhuhahaha... sorry. That's just the King fan in me.

Seriously though... no one can, or should, like the Storr signing. He's one of those players that from the moment he was drafted took the express elevator from the penthouse to the dismal cellar. There's no reason any team should want this guy - unless it's desperation, and GM's shouldn't be placing themselves into a position where they're having to make desperate moves.

- T

Old
08-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
buhuhahaha... sorry. That's just the King fan in me.

Seriously though... no one can, or should, like the Storr signing. He's one of those players that from the moment he was drafted took the express elevator from the penthouse to the dismal cellar. There's no reason any team should want this guy - unless it's desperation, and GM's shouldn't be placing themselves into a position where they're having to make desperate moves.

- T
He will be playing BACKUP in the AHL for a minuscule salary. Why would anyone dislike that move?

He will be a veteran backup to a young, rookie goaltender. It's a perfect signing.

Closed Thread