HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Selanne back to Anaheim - Official

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Tremonti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings
What other 7 defensemen of Carney's caliber do the Ducks have?

I'll give you Neidermayer, Ozolinsh is horrible defensively if you compared him to Carney. Salei and Vishnevski aren't of Carney's caliber yet.
You're absoutely right. They're all not of carney's caliber. That's not exactly what I ment to be honest. Maybe I worded it wrong. As a whole on paper it doesn't look to shabby ya know?

Here's the deal. They aren't going to get rid of sykora it'll be snowing in Anaheim before that happens and it han't happened in 60 years or so.

We need to get rid of 2mil. As much as I like carney he is getting older. I don't know off the top of my head how many years he has left on his contract. I also don't know what is going to happen with salei's contract. Sammi was just signed for 2 years @ 600k round about a season. If Carney is going to retire soon, and salei wants a 5 year deal or so like hes pushing for, as prudent as it may be, wouldn't the choice be to deal Carney?

However, if Carney plans on playing another 3 seasons with the ducks, Im all for switching that scenario around and dumping salei to toronto so they can say they signed a player without a concussion problem

Rucchin? We dont need to be getting rid of offense right now. He's good for 30pts a season maybe 35-40 if hes got a good pairing to stand in front of the net for.

If I'm way off on my logic here, by all means correct me.

- Trem

Old
08-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Red Army General

vCash: 500
This is a very good move for the Mighty Ducks. It is really a case of a player going where he wants to, instead of where the money might be. I would have loved to see him in a Habs uniform, but it seems no big names want to come to Montreal.

Old
08-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad
It's just that nobody listens to you because you are such a troll. Like he said himself, if he wanted to run after money he would have signed elsewhere. His kids are in school in Anaheim, he has a house there...easy choise I guess.

He has money already, strange thing for a guy who "nobody wants".
Yeah, the money didnt mean anything. If you believe that your stupid. Nobody listens yet you keep replying. Funny thing is almost everyone who has complained about my posts about Selšnne are finnish. No suprise there... Fan = Idol (Selšnne) = Whining ........

Closed Thread