HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

11-12 Central Canada Hockey League

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
MacM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
They are not published, only teams and league have access. If you are wondering if someone you know is still on a list, ask the GM. Unfortunately not every team tells the players when they are dropped from their list.
Unbelievable.

Old
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
dirk

The silence is deafening!...surely there have been some post draft moves and even some signings as teams hold their Import camps???

Any insights..even speculation???

Old
05-26-2011, 08:39 PM
everett331

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
The silence is deafening!...surely there have been some post draft moves and even some signings as teams hold their Import camps???

Any insights..even speculation???
I agree, any timbits would be nice

Old
05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
hawkeye guy

I heard all the teams have reps down in Dallas at a tournament there this weekend. It will be interesting to see if any quality players come back.
I agree very quiet post draft.

Old
05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
BadgerKnight

Eric Leighton (Almonte Thunder & Gloucester Rangers)

My condolences and sympathies to Eric Leighton's family plus to all who mourn. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your child is so very painful and for a very long time Eric's family will want to talk about him as they cope with their grief.

THE AFTER LOSS CREDO

I need to talk about my loss.
I may often feel the need to tell you what happened
Or ask you why it happened.
I may frequently need for you to listen
While I explain what this loss means to me.
Each time I discuss my loss, I am helping myself
Face the reality of the death of my loved one.

I need to know that you care about me.
I need to feel your touch, your hugs.
I need you just to be with me.
And I need to be with you.
I need for you to believe in me and in my
Ability to get through this grief in my
Own way - and in my own time.

Please don't judge me now -
Or think that I'm behaving strangely.
Remember I am grieving. I may even be in shock.
I may feel afraid. I may feel deep rage.
I may even feel guilty. But above all, I hurt.
I am experiencing a pain unlike any I've ever felt before.

Don't be concerned if you think I'm getting better
And then suddenly I seem to slip backward again.
Grief makes me behave this way at times.
And please don't tell me you know how I feel
Or that it is time to get on with my life.
I am probably already saying it to myself.

Finally, allow me the time I need to grieve and to recover.
I want to get on with my life - but I know that first I must
Walk through the dark shadows of my grief. And,
Although it is almost impossible for me to believe this now,
I know that one day my grief will end.

Most of all thank you for being my friend.
Thank you for caring, for helping, for understanding.
Thank you for praying for me.
And remember, in the days or
Years ahead - after your loss-
When you need me as I have needed you,
I will understand,
And then I will come and be with you.

Copyright © Barbara L. Strang

Old
05-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Ottawa Guy

I hear Max Dumond is now going to NCAA this fall instead of 2012. It will leave a big hole to fill in Brockville.

Old
05-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Ottawa Guy

All the teams have representatives at the Texas Prospects Camp so I would expect to hear about some signings over the next week or two.

Old
05-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
My condolences and sympathies to Eric Leighton's family plus to all who mourn. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing your child is so very painful and for a very long time Eric's family will want to talk about him as they cope with their grief.

THE AFTER LOSS CREDO

I need to talk about my loss.
I may often feel the need to tell you what happened
Or ask you why it happened.
I may frequently need for you to listen
While I explain what this loss means to me.
Each time I discuss my loss, I am helping myself
Face the reality of the death of my loved one.

I need to know that you care about me.
I need to feel your touch, your hugs.
I need you just to be with me.
And I need to be with you.
I need for you to believe in me and in my
Ability to get through this grief in my
Own way - and in my own time.

Please don't judge me now -
Or think that I'm behaving strangely.
Remember I am grieving. I may even be in shock.
I may feel afraid. I may feel deep rage.
I may even feel guilty. But above all, I hurt.
I am experiencing a pain unlike any I've ever felt before.

Don't be concerned if you think I'm getting better
And then suddenly I seem to slip backward again.
Grief makes me behave this way at times.
And please don't tell me you know how I feel
Or that it is time to get on with my life.
I am probably already saying it to myself.

Finally, allow me the time I need to grieve and to recover.
I want to get on with my life - but I know that first I must
Walk through the dark shadows of my grief. And,
Although it is almost impossible for me to believe this now,
I know that one day my grief will end.

Most of all thank you for being my friend.
Thank you for caring, for helping, for understanding.
Thank you for praying for me.
And remember, in the days or
Years ahead - after your loss-
When you need me as I have needed you,
I will understand,
And then I will come and be with you.

Copyright © Barbara L. Strang
Weve sadly lost another one.

I loved watching Eric play for the 93 Ottawa Senators, I hope that his family is coping well with the tragety.

Old
05-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Ottawa Guy

Anyone hear if the Texas Camp was any good, did teams sign anyone?

Old
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
everett331

Quote:
Anyone hear if the Texas Camp was any good, did teams sign anyone?
The only mention I heard was from a tweet from SK "Good weekend in the Lonestar State for @CCHL_Tier1 teams. Some players sure to be seen in league this season along with couple possible #plk"

Old
06-03-2011, 08:59 AM
BadgerKnight

Movement-former CCHL players

R. Van Stralen has decided to forego a Clarkson university scholarship to play with the Ottawa 67s.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...290/story.html

C. Durocher, formerly with the Gloucester Rangers, playing with the Kingston Frontenacs has been traded to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. Former Kanata Stallions, Derek Froats, has been suggested as the possible captain for the Fronts this season. Another rumour out of Kingston is that former Hawk & Jr. Sens, Patrick Harrison, has requested to be moved out of the Frontenac organization.
http://frontenacshome.yuku.com/forums/1/Fronts-Talk

Old
06-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Another rumour out of Kingston is that former Hawk & Jr. Sens, Patrick Harrison, has requested to be moved out of the Frontenac organization.
http://frontenacshome.yuku.com/forums/1/Fronts-Talk
I read an article in the Kingston Whig in which Gilmour was quoted as saying that Harrison would not be back with the team.

Old
06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
seen em all

2 for 1 deal

Quote:
I read an article in the Kingston Whig in which Gilmour was quoted as saying that Harrison would not be back with the team.
unfortunately Harrisson's Dad won't stop complaining about everything under the sun.
This is not minor hockey,this is Major Jr.A parents should stay quiet and let the apples fall where they may,whining and *****ing will not help the situation,if anything it will make things worse for the young hockey player.I wish Patrick well and hope everything works out,not many teams are interested in a 2 for 1 deal.

Old
06-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Ottawa Guy

Continue to hear rumblings that McNammee is considering going to Quebec to play Major Junior, if they were to lose him along wth Van Stralen they could be in for a long season......

Old
06-03-2011, 11:23 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Continue to hear rumblings that McNammee is considering going to Quebec to play Major Junior, if they were to lose him along wth Van Stralen they could be in for a long season......
I too have heard McNamee rumours. Offer in Quebec too good to turn down??. I don't blame him. Bears are definately retooling and why would he waste another year with a rebuilding team. He only has two years left to enjoy junior, so I think he should enjoy them on a winning team. As far as Van Strallen, where would he be going this year? 67's???. I think Bears will struggle big time. Livingstone, Steele and Darou gone on D. They don't have a bonified goalie. If McNamee leaves they don't have any more than one line again. I think Grady can have a good team, but it will take him 2 years. Probably just what owner wants to hear.

Old
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
I too have heard McNamee rumours. Offer in Quebec too good to turn down??. I don't blame him. Bears are definately retooling and why would he waste another year with a rebuilding team. He only has two years left to enjoy junior, so I think he should enjoy them on a winning team. As far as Van Strallen, where would he be going this year? 67's???. I think Bears will struggle big time. Livingstone, Steele and Darou gone on D. They don't have a bonified goalie. If McNamee leaves they don't have any more than one line again. I think Grady can have a good team, but it will take him 2 years. Probably just what owner wants to hear.
Maybe nobody wants to play for Grady?

Old
06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
BadgerKnight

McNamee; Darou & Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
I too have heard McNamee rumours. Offer in Quebec too good to turn down?? Livingstone, Steele and Darou gone on D.
Which QMJHL team is pursuing McNamee? And, I thought Darou was still eligible to play this upcoming season? As for a goalie, the Colts traded Matt Jenkins back to the Bears earlier this season or is his return also in doubt?

Old
06-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Which QMJHL team is pursuing McNamee? And, I thought Darou was still eligible to play this upcoming season? As for a goalie, the Colts traded Matt Jenkins back to the Bears earlier this season or is his return also in doubt?
Quebec City apparently is pursuing McNammee.

IMHO Jenkins is a bonified #1 and Sawyer showed a lot of promise last year in the #2 slot, in fact I think they may have one of the best tandems in the league.

Old
06-03-2011, 02:39 PM
BadgerKnight

Maxime Dumond is off to University this fall

Quote:
I hear Max Dumond is now going to NCAA this fall instead of 2012. It will leave a big hole to fill in Brockville.
From Brockvillebraves.com

Maxime Dumond discusses Alaska-Fairbanks - May 30, 2011
Krista Gill - www.brockvillebraves.com
The Brockville Braves would like to congratulate Maxime Dumond who has recently committed to the University of Alaska Fairbanks. He will wear jersey #9.

The Nanooks compete in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association in NCAA Division 1 hockey and play against teams in the Michigan - Ohio and surrounding areas.

The Nanooks have a very strong core coming back this fall and should make a push for the league title. Max expects to learn a lot from the players and coaches as there is a veteran group returning this fall. The school is located in Fairbanks, Alaska, a town of about 100,000 people.

Max plans to major in Civil Engineering.

Quoting Maxime, “I'd like to take this time to thank the entire Braves organization. When Coach (Owner) Gill had recruited me, I had many choices as in where to play. I'm glad my "gut feeling" about Brockville led me to the road it did. Through my three years here in Brockville, myself along with my family have made many friends whom I will never forget and I will keep in touch with for as long as I possibly can. I am extremely thankful to the Andress and Steel families who have provided me with grub, a place to lay my head every night and especially, they have dealt with all my shenanigans over the years. They made me feel like a part of their family and I am extremely grateful for that. The expert coaching staff is also something that is second to none. They are also a big part of my success here and should get some recognition for all the guys they pass onto the next level, certainly the best coaching staff I have ever been a part of. I will never forget the Fred Page Cup and RBC cup alongside of all the boys and Dogger and of course being able to represent Team Canada East this past November. The 2009-2010 Braves were the best team I had ever been a part of which makes my decision on coming to Brockville all worthwhile. Having the chance to win every night and to compete is something you do not get with every team, let alone winning championships. The fans and volunteers in Brockville are the best in the league and are a big part of why this organization is so successful. I look forward in seeing the continued success of the Braves in the years to come as I know it is only to get better. Thank you for the memories”.

Go Braves Go

Go Nanooks Go!

Old
06-03-2011, 06:55 PM
RTR

grads web site

When is Grads prospect camp? Their web site seems to be down.
Back on line now!

Last edited by RTR: 06-06-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: problem solved
Old
06-04-2011, 07:24 PM
hockeynut12

Quote:
Quebec City apparently is pursuing McNammee.

IMHO Jenkins is a bonified #1 and Sawyer showed a lot of promise last year in the #2 slot, in fact I think they may have one of the best tandems in the league.
Heard that Jenkins and Borkowski will be traded back to Cornwall before the season starts.

Old
06-05-2011, 03:00 PM
hattrick2000

Carleton Place Training Camp

I attended some of the activity at the CP training camp this weekend and noticed a few regulars missing. Maybe they were excused however just wondering if anyone knows if they will be attending the main camp in August.....

1) Matt English - was their Captain
2) Richard Stethem - 2nd leading scorer
3) Tanner Hilderbrant - acquired in trade with Pembroke (found his groove in CP)

Anyone know if they were unable to attend or if they will not be part of the group this year.........?

Old
06-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick2000 View Post
I attended some of the activity at the CP training camp this weekend and noticed a few regulars missing. Maybe they were excused however just wondering if anyone knows if they will be attending the main camp in August.....

1) Matt English - was their Captain
2) Richard Stethem - 2nd leading scorer
3) Tanner Hilderbrant - acquired in trade with Pembroke (found his groove in CP)

Anyone know if they were unable to attend or if they will not be part of the group this year.........?
Would not be surprised if at least one of them has either left the team or requested a trade. Every season it happens with this team, not every player is comfortable with the coaches style.

Old
06-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Ravenshockey

I know Jenkins is staying in Cornwall this season and will have the opportunity to play a ton of games like Karvouniaris did last year.

Brandon Bussey has been traded to Hawkesbury, not sure who came back to Kanata.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshockey View Post
I know Jenkins is staying in Cornwall this season and will have the opportunity to play a ton of games like Karvouniaris did last year.

Brandon Bussey has been traded to Hawkesbury, not sure who came back to Kanata.
If I was a GM I would be wary of "lending" players to Cornwall in the future based upon Jenkins and Borkowski situations.

Apparently Petrie is heading to Kanata.

Closed Thread