HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Predictions for 2011-12 Roster

Old
06-05-2011, 03:05 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
NO. IT ISN'T! GO BACK TO NHL 11. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT WE'VE NEEDED A LEGITIMATE 1ST LINE CENTER FOR OVER A DECADE. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT HE MAKES US A BETTER TEAM. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT HE IMPROVES OUR POWERPLAY. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT HE'S THE BEST OPTION AVAILABLE AND WE DON'T HAVE TO LOSE ANY ASSETS EXCEPT MAYBE A DRAFT PICK IF WE DEAL FOR HIS RIGHTS BEFORE JULY 1ST! Gaborik has scored without an elite centerman before now, and he will in the future. Gaborik may not be in the teams short-term plans, let alone long-term. We're not signing Richards for Gaborik. Get this out of your head. It is complete hogwash.
You clearly dont have a clue as to what this team's needs and wants are.

Yes to all the things you stated about Richards as far as what he PROVIDES for this team. BUT he is being signed because of two underlying factors; Gaborik and Winning a championship. And those two factors go hand in hand. Brad Richards wants to WIN. He isnt signing here to be part of a rebuilding franchise because if they do trade gaborik for young guys thats just what they will be. Brad Richards is a playmaker, NOT a goal scorer. Who's going to put the puck in the net?

Did you watch any of the hockey games this year or did you just write it off as a "bad" year for gaborik? He scored 40+ goals in his first season here because it was his first season in the Eastern Conference. Do you realize what teams started to do once they realized we had no other scoring threats? They smothered him. Even in the last few games of gaborik's first season here he was being shadowed and shut down. That's what happened this year. He had NO space out there whatsoever to let go of that wrist shot. Whether it was even strength or the PP he did not have time and space. If gaborik scored 40 goals again this year this team would've made the playoffs in a smoother manner than sweating it out basically the whole year. And we wouldnt be sitting here pushing for the #1 center as bad as we are. Yeah we'd still want one but it wouldn't be as pressing of a need. And now we are going to have to make multiple maneuvers to fit BR under the cap while being able to re-sign RFA's. But we know we have to do it for all the reasons you mentioned above. But within each reason you give for what BR brings to the table, gaborik is part of it. The point of getting richards is to have a guy who can distribute the puck to one of the elite shooters in the game, who when he has time and space is a lethal threat on the ice.

The only hogwash is the mythical fable going on in your head that the New York Rangers are/should be trading gaborik to LA, or any team for that matter. But why should I or anyone be surprised by a NY sports fan wanting to give up on a player after one bad year. I bet you're also part of the group ready to trade our 20 year old defenseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
My feelings.... if we do sign Richards, we're closer to competing for the Cup if we keep Gaborik then if we deal him away. He's a legit scorer. We don't have anyone else close to what he can do. We need to hold onto him and let him do what he does. This past year was the aberration, not the norm.
Thank you.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:26 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Aasen-Boyle-Prust
Hagelin-Christensen-Lindberg/Weise

Staal-Girardi
McDonaugh-Sauer
Erixon-Valentenko
Eminger is the #7

as much as Prospal, Fedotenko could do for NY I prefer to see kids get ice time.

I also prefer to let MDZ learn how to play defense on the top pairing in the AHL and then earn a callup later on in the season.

Drury and Avery should seek work elsewhere so its addition by subtraction. Also hoping NY doesn't sign Richards but not much I can do aboot that

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:34 AM
egelband

Yep. totally agree. either all in with richards and gabby. or continue to rebuild. i'm not totally sold on richards, to be honest. but you can't get him and dump gabby. particularly with gabbys value so low.
one idea would be to pass on richards and hope gabby gets off to a hot start and trade him. but i don't think that's in the cards either. i imagine slats wants to contend this year. so i expect richards to come over and maybe a trade of some excess defense for a good wing.

egelband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 06:11 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
Yep. totally agree. either all in with richards and gabby. or continue to rebuild. i'm not totally sold on richards, to be honest. but you can't get him and dump gabby. particularly with gabbys value so low.
one idea would be to pass on richards and hope gabby gets off to a hot start and trade him. but i don't think that's in the cards either. i imagine slats wants to contend this year. so i expect richards to come over and maybe a trade of some excess defense for a good wing.
Continue the rebuild? This team has been "rebuilding" since the season before the lockout (Starting with the great purge). Lundqvist is not going to be around forever. We all have pretty much agreed that this team is 2 to 3 pieces away from being a serious contender. Richards is one of those pieces. Erixon may be another. Team really would just need another winger who can put the puck in the net.

How could you possibly not be sold on Richards? He's been a consistant performer just about his entire career. If you said you were concerned about the money he might want, then yeah, i'd agree with you. His talent is undeniable, though.

Trading Gaborik would be one step backwards. If he gets off to a hot start, you keep him. This team doesn't have anyone else really that can bury the puck. Not signing Richards then trading away Gaborik puts this teams further away from competing. That would be a huge mistake.

Your last statement makes the most sense. If the Rangers signed Richards and traded some of the teams skill depth at the prospect/NHL level to get a scoring winger, then this team could make a serious push next year as well as for several years into the future.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:42 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Continue the rebuild? This team has been "rebuilding" since the season before the lockout (Starting with the great purge). Lundqvist is not going to be around forever. We all have pretty much agreed that this team is 2 to 3 pieces away from being a serious contender. Richards is one of those pieces. Erixon may be another. Team really would just need another winger who can put the puck in the net.

How could you possibly not be sold on Richards? He's been a consistant performer just about his entire career. If you said you were concerned about the money he might want, then yeah, i'd agree with you. His talent is undeniable, though.

Trading Gaborik would be one step backwards. If he gets off to a hot start, you keep him. This team doesn't have anyone else really that can bury the puck. Not signing Richards then trading away Gaborik puts this teams further away from competing. That would be a huge mistake.

Your last statement makes the most sense. If the Rangers signed Richards and traded some of the teams skill depth at the prospect/NHL level to get a scoring winger, then this team could make a serious push next year as well as for several years into the future.
i'm not sold on his age is all...seven years is a long time for a 31 or 32 year old. i wouldn't bet the farm on him. fine if he's gonna come at a reasonable price.

by 'rebuilding' i meant, stay the course. wait for a good deal to come along instead of forcing the richards thing.

Old
06-05-2011, 01:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
I wasn't necessarily saying we should rebuild. If we dont get BR then we should look for someone else and continue to grow this team into a better contender. We have a pretty deep farm system with multiple prospects getting really close to being NHLers.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 01:59 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Grachev
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
Avery

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
Gilroy-Kundratek/Valentenko

As far as predictions, i'd say that Avery earns a spot in camp, Stepan goes through a sophomore slump, Fedotenko is unfairly left without a contract and Thomas is sent back to the OHL after leading the rangers in PPG during the preseason.

06-05-2011, 02:40 PM
InPrustWeTrust

these expectations wil be very hard to have come true because reddens cap hurts the salary cap during the summer.

InPrustWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:53 PM
EJS280

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I wasn't necessarily saying we should rebuild. If we dont get BR then we should look for someone else and continue to grow this team into a better contender. We have a pretty deep farm system with multiple prospects getting really close to being NHLers.
i wasn't saying that either...i meant to imply the rangers could 'stay the course' - so to speak. not a new rebuild, but stick with the...building...they're doing now. if the richards price is too high. he's certainly a number one center but the teams future doesnt rely on him - in my eyes. it's not a zero sum game. but i think most folks here agree.

Old
06-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Grachev
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
Avery

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Erixon
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron
I expect to see something fairly similar to this, I just see a couple of tweaks that I can see Sather making.

FORWARDS
Jussi Jokinen ($3.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.900m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.900m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($1.850m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michal Sauer ($1.500m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Anton Babchuk ($2.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS
Chris Drury ($3.716m)
Wojtek Wolski ($.467m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $63,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,483,000; BONUSES: $425,000

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 04:08 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't know what the hard-on for Schenn and Simmonds is in the first place. I wouldn't be happy if Gaborik left to get those two.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You clearly dont have a clue as to what this team's needs and wants are.

Yes to all the things you stated about Richards as far as what he PROVIDES for this team. BUT he is being signed because of two underlying factors; Gaborik and Winning a championship. And those two factors go hand in hand. Brad Richards wants to WIN. He isnt signing here to be part of a rebuilding franchise because if they do trade gaborik for young guys thats just what they will be. Brad Richards is a playmaker, NOT a goal scorer. Who's going to put the puck in the net?

Did you watch any of the hockey games this year or did you just write it off as a "bad" year for gaborik? He scored 40+ goals in his first season here because it was his first season in the Eastern Conference. Do you realize what teams started to do once they realized we had no other scoring threats? They smothered him. Even in the last few games of gaborik's first season here he was being shadowed and shut down. That's what happened this year. He had NO space out there whatsoever to let go of that wrist shot. Whether it was even strength or the PP he did not have time and space. If gaborik scored 40 goals again this year this team would've made the playoffs in a smoother manner than sweating it out basically the whole year. And we wouldnt be sitting here pushing for the #1 center as bad as we are. Yeah we'd still want one but it wouldn't be as pressing of a need. And now we are going to have to make multiple maneuvers to fit BR under the cap while being able to re-sign RFA's. But we know we have to do it for all the reasons you mentioned above. But within each reason you give for what BR brings to the table, gaborik is part of it. The point of getting richards is to have a guy who can distribute the puck to one of the elite shooters in the game, who when he has time and space is a lethal threat on the ice.

The only hogwash is the mythical fable going on in your head that the New York Rangers are/should be trading gaborik to LA, or any team for that matter. But why should I or anyone be surprised by a NY sports fan wanting to give up on a player after one bad year. I bet you're also part of the group ready to trade our 20 year old defenseman

Thank you.
Oh how ignorant is this.

Did YOU watch this past season? The Rangers made the playoffs with Gaborik scoring 0 goals down the stretch, and a measly 1 goal in the playoffs. That's 1 goal in his final ~17 games. (And the only one was a gift-wrapped tap-in from Fedotenko) The team also played some of its best hockey of the season while Gaborik was injured. So please, tell me exactly how this team is a rebuilding team without the mighty Gaborik? I have no doubt that he's capable of bouncing back to 40 goal - 40 assist territory, maybe even more playing a full year next to Richards. But I also have no doubts that when the hockey gets tougher, more physical, and defenders start smothering him, he will once again fail to adapt and fight through it. Regular season stats don't impress me in the least if the player isn't at LEAST at that same level of production in the playoffs. The real "elite" players play even better in the playoffs. So enough with calling Gaborik "elite" because he's managed to put up nice regular season numbers while playing mostly shortened seasons. When the going gets tough, Gaborik goes to sleep. The 7.5 million could be much better spent elsewhere. This team is not a rebuilding team without Gaborik. We had tons of injuries last year and still made the playoffs with an impotent Gaborik scoring 3 or 4 goals in last 25 games. This is Staal's team. This is Callahan's team. This is Dubinsky's team. This is Lundqvist's team. This will (likely) be Richards' team. This is not Gaborik's team. And if there are teams who are interested in buying low, and we can still get DECENT value for him, you have to consider it. I'm confident that Sather knows this, and I'm glad you aren't the GM. Thanks for making most of my points for me.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:18 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
NO. IT ISN'T! GO BACK TO NHL 11. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT WE'VE NEEDED A LEGITIMATE 1ST LINE CENTER FOR OVER A DECADE. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT HE MAKES US A BETTER TEAM. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT HE IMPROVES OUR POWERPLAY. THE POINT OF GETTING RICHARDS IS THAT HE'S THE BEST OPTION AVAILABLE AND WE DON'T HAVE TO LOSE ANY ASSETS EXCEPT MAYBE A DRAFT PICK IF WE DEAL FOR HIS RIGHTS BEFORE JULY 1ST! Gaborik has scored without an elite centerman before now, and he will in the future. Gaborik may not be in the teams short-term plans, let alone long-term. We're not signing Richards for Gaborik. Get this out of your head. It is complete hogwash.
41,42,57,53,68,45,33.67,49 those are just a few of richards' assist totals over his career. 28 is richards' career high in goals. He's clearly a playmaker, and needs someone to feed. Gaborik is very much in this teams long term plans, which is probably why he's signed for another 3 years. Richards isn't being brought in to score 40 goals and lead the team to a cup by himself, he's being brought in to take some of the load off and feed gaborik,Richards is very much being signed for gaborik, to get him back to superstar production as well as to upgrade the powerplay drastically amongst other things. But don't play it off like gaborik doesn't factor in here, Richards is just one part.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:23 PM
mcsauer2738

Call me crazy but I think Aves should be our 1st line LW next year. He's a monster on the boards, a very underrated playmaker/passer, and he can do the dirty work and open up space for our superstars. Now all we need to worry about is him staying on-sides.

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Anisimov-Cally
Hagelin-Stepan-Zuccarello/Grachev
Fedentenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

Hank
Marty

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
Call me crazy but I think Aves should be our 1st line LW next year. He's a monster on the boards, a very underrated playmaker/passer, and he can do the dirty work and open up space for our superstars. Now all we need to worry about is him staying on-sides.

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Anisimov-Cally
Fedentenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

Hank
Marty
I like Avery, probably a lot more than the next guy but he is not a 1st line winger. He had 3 goals in 76 games... that is a 4th line winger to me. Sather needs to get Richards and 1st line LW as well, hopefully Jokinen but I could see him going after Brunette or Gagne as well. Avery should not be on the 1st line or we are in trouble.

Old
06-05-2011, 05:38 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I like Avery, probably a lot more than the next guy but he is not a 1st line winger. He had 3 goals in 76 games... that is a 4th line winger to me. Sather needs to get Richards and 1st line LW as well, hopefully Jokinen but I could see him going after Brunette or Gagne as well. Avery should not be on the 1st line or we are in trouble.
This.

I've seen a couple of people suggest Avery for #1 LW, and I just cannot fathom the idea of it.

It was tried the past season with Christensen and Gaborik, and while it worked for a game or two, other teams are not stupid. They scout, and once they figure out Avery will be trying the pass from behind the net to the slot; it's easily defended with a player like Avery making that pass, as he's most certainly not the greatest playmaker.

I would love to get Andrew Brunnette here; the reason being that he will not be here long, and he is an unbelievable board player. He has calves like an Ox, and he is an excellent playmaker that has had success with Gaborik in the past. On a 1 yr, $2.5MM deal, I'd be absolutely ecstatic with adding him into the mix. His experience alone would make him a valuable asset.

As for another option, if we fail to sign Richards, I see the Rangers making a bid for Stastny/Spezza/Roy, and whether or not we get those players, I think the Rangers will be keeping Wolski in that scenario; I've been an advocate of buying him out, but if we don't get Richards, he's not an awful stop gap in the top-6, and his contract expires at the end of next season. That'd give us a ton of cap space to work with to try and sign one of Suter/Burns, then try and deal Girardi for a 1st line forward.

Old
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Prospal Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Callahan
Hagelin Stepan Zuccarello
Prust Boyle Fedotenko

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Pitkanen Erixon

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Garfinkel1

I think Gilroy is going to surprise a lot of people next season... on this team or another NHL club.

I got a good feeling about this kid. The same kind of feeling I got when I watched Dubi his rookie year.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:50 PM
RangersChamps2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Anisimov-Cally
Fedentenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

Hank
Marty
I like this set up and see something similar to this. I definitely think Brad is coming. No doubt. I think Grachev needs another year tho in the minors. I also think Wolski will be back. And I think Glen will buy out Dru and use the money to sign either Gagne or Jokinen. So This is what I see:

Gagne (praying)/Jokinen -Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Anisimov-Cally
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Avery-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

Hank
Marty

RangersChamps2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I think Gilroy is going to surprise a lot of people next season... on this team or another NHL club.

I got a good feeling about this kid. The same kind of feeling I got when I watched Dubi his rookie year.
Gilroy could really benefit from a change of scenery. His defensive game is lacking, but IMO he could develop into a Tom Poti type (2nd pair offensive d-man on the caps, not when he was here) on the right team and with the right partner. I do believe if we could keep him and pair him with Sauer on the 3rd pair and push Erixon with McDonagh we could see some huge strides from Gilroy in the offensive game, but his defensive game is just very weak. For a team that gets caught on odd man rushes a lot, Gilroy (who pinches more than anyone I can remember) does more harm than good. He needs to learn the proper balance of when to pinch and when not too, it would help if teammates covered for him more as well, and thats why I believe with a different organization he could develop into something.

Old
06-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This.

I've seen a couple of people suggest Avery for #1 LW, and I just cannot fathom the idea of it.

It was tried the past season with Christensen and Gaborik, and while it worked for a game or two, other teams are not stupid. They scout, and once they figure out Avery will be trying the pass from behind the net to the slot; it's easily defended with a player like Avery making that pass, as he's most certainly not the greatest playmaker.

I would love to get Andrew Brunnette here; the reason being that he will not be here long, and he is an unbelievable board player. He has calves like an Ox, and he is an excellent playmaker that has had success with Gaborik in the past. On a 1 yr, $2.5MM deal, I'd be absolutely ecstatic with adding him into the mix. His experience alone would make him a valuable asset.

As for another option, if we fail to sign Richards, I see the Rangers making a bid for Stastny/Spezza/Roy, and whether or not we get those players, I think the Rangers will be keeping Wolski in that scenario; I've been an advocate of buying him out, but if we don't get Richards, he's not an awful stop gap in the top-6, and his contract expires at the end of next season. That'd give us a ton of cap space to work with to try and sign one of Suter/Burns, then try and deal Girardi for a 1st line forward.
I just read that post article where it says Richards is gonna want 7 million a year for 5 years and Sather won't go over 6.5, I really hope thats not the case because I do not want Spezza as he has bust written all over him in NY. Stastny is interesting to me, but Richards is a proven winner, has been successful with Torts and is friends with Avery (which could help get Avery back to the player he once was). The aspect I really liked about getting Richards is it wouldn't cost anything except a buyout of Drury. Talking about Stastny, Spezza, or Roy and thats gonna cost kids, roster players, and a pick at least. If Sather is willing to give some cash and terms we can land Richards, Jussi Jokinen/Brunette, and Babchuk and it will only cost a buyout of Drury and Wolski.

I can't imagine we could acquire Stastny without surrendering Del Zotto, Anisimov, and a 1st round pick and maybe something else. I am not sure how prepared I am to make that deal, I loved the idea of being 4 centers deep
Richards
Anisimov
Stepan
Boyle

we will have to see what happens, but I agree on brunette, he would be my second choice if we can't land Jussi.

Old
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I just read that post article where it says Richards is gonna want 7 million a year for 5 years and Sather won't go over 6.5, I really hope thats not the case because I do not want Spezza as he has bust written all over him in NY. Stastny is interesting to me, but Richards is a proven winner, has been successful with Torts and is friends with Avery (which could help get Avery back to the player he once was). The aspect I really liked about getting Richards is it wouldn't cost anything except a buyout of Drury. Talking about Stastny, Spezza, or Roy and thats gonna cost kids, roster players, and a pick at least. If Sather is willing to give some cash and terms we can land Richards, Jussi Jokinen/Brunette, and Babchuk and it will only cost a buyout of Drury and Wolski.

I can't imagine we could acquire Stastny without surrendering Del Zotto, Anisimov, and a 1st round pick and maybe something else. I am not sure how prepared I am to make that deal, I loved the idea of being 4 centers deep
Richards
Anisimov
Stepan
Boyle

we will have to see what happens, but I agree on brunette, he would be my second choice if we can't land Jussi.
I'm not necessarily advocating those players, but if Slats cannot come away with Richards, I see him targeting one of those players.

Honestly, I would pay up for Spezza/Stastny if the price wasn't asinine (think Anisimov, 1st, something else), but that's not realistic. Stastny is an attractive option as he is young, and his cap hit is very reasonable.

I, obviously, am a big advocate of Richards, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Sather wary here, although now is not the time to be wary of a lucrative deal; that time was in 2007, but we're passed that, and it is clear Sather has wisened up a bit with this development; if it's true, of course. I would give him the same contract Gaborik got. 35M. 5 yrs. Slight paycut from what he was getting before, and still reasonable for his play now.

As for Jokinen, I don't have much interest. He's had good back to back seasons, but I'm a bit wary of players like him; 2nd liners that get paid like 1st liners, are expected to produce like 1st liners, and ultimately end up failing. If he'll take something like 3 yrs, 6M, I'd be all over him, but I see him getting something in the range of 3/12 or 4/16. Brunnette or bust, for me.

Old
06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Actually leaving space for a Drury buyout, and actually acquiring a righty dman instead of throwing a kid like Erixon on his off side..

Brandon Dubinsky ($4.250m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Simon Gagne ($5.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.500m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.250m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Dale Weise ($0.700m) / Brian Boyle ($1.500m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.750m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Radek Martinek ($1.500m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,562,500; BONUSES: $2,337,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,437,500

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote