HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Grading the players last season (and playoffs)

Old
06-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Firestorm

vCash: 500
Grading the players last season (and playoffs)

Anyone feel like giving grades to the players for each of the season and the playoffs? Or is it too late for that.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 12:10 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'll give it a shot, but I'm just going to combine my regular season grades with my postseason grades.

A's - Weber, Suter, Rinne, Spaling, Blum, Tootoo(he squeaks in because of his ability to overcome)

B's - Legwand, SK, Erat, pre-injury Goc, pre-injury O'Reilly, Klein, SOB, Franson, Smithson, Halischuk, Geoffrion, Hornqvist, Ward, Fisher, Lindback

C's - Sullivan

D's - Dumont, Wilson

F's - none

Incomplete - Lombardi

I put Tootoo as an A because of his problem and incredible comeback/play offs. Legwand could get an A because of his work in the play offs.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 06-05-2011 at 06:28 PM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Top 6 Spaling

A's - Weber, Suter, Rinne, Blum, SK (A- for his disappearence in the playoffs, but he's signed for league minimum), pre-injury O'Reilly (based on expecatiations)

B's - Spailing, Legwand, Erat, pre-injury Goc, , SOB, Franson, Smithson, Halischuk, Geoffrion, Hornqvist, Fisher, Lindback

C's - Ward, Klein

D's - Dumont, Sullivan

F's - Jonas Andersson (I really thought he had a shot to be a top 6 forward for us)

Incomplete - Lombardi

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Interestingly enough both of you skipped Colin Wilson who did a great disappearing act as the season wore on and sat in the stands throughout much of the playoffs not helping the team he helped get there.

IMO, for fading down the stretch, needing to be scratched for months, and finally getting scratched in the postseason I'll give Colin Wilson a D-.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Interestingly enough both of you skipped Colin Wilson who did a great disappearing act as the season wore on and sat in the stands throughout much of the playoffs not helping the team he helped get there.

IMO, for fading down the stretch, needing to be scratched for months, and finally getting scratched in the postseason I'll give Colin Wilson a D-.
I'll admit i just copy and pasted his list and moved people around....hahahaha. D or F sounds about right to me

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 04:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Haha what's funny is I had thought about Wilson from the start, and figured I'd put him with Dumont as a D. I guess as I typed he just disappeared from my mind. Funny how that's gone this year.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Firestorm

I would be interested if Mueller gets more action next year?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Interestingly enough both of you skipped Colin Wilson who did a great disappearing act
Funny how that works, eh?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
roseyc

Quote:

For a player who scored 16 goals and didn't play a whole season and spent a majority of those games on the 4th line and was banished to the pine for a team that has problems scoring and you give him a D because the coach is trying to make another Legwand out of him. I guess your not looking at the whole season just the end of it.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
For a player who scored 16 goals and didn't play a whole season and spent a majority of those games on the 4th line and was banished to the pine for a team that has problems scoring and you give him a D because the coach is trying to make another Legwand out of him. I guess your not looking at the whole season just the end of it.
I don't get what you mean by he didn't play the whole season? He was one of the only Predators to play in all 82 regular season games...

The fact of the matter is Wilson took too many shifts and too many nights off and that is unacceptable. The reason he doesn't get an F is that he did contribute to getting the Predators into the playoffs, but again, it was Wilson's performance and attitude alone that got him relegated to the fourth line and banished to the press box for the playoffs and that's where performance matters the most.

The brutally honest truth of the matter was that Wilson let the team down when they really could have used him the most in the postseason by not making the necessary adjustments to his game or showing any consistency in his own effort during the course of the regular season.

Colin Wilson needed to be scratched for a couple of months down the stretch, but unfortunately the reality of the situation was that the team wasn't healthy enough to do so until the playoffs started and we finally had a couple of healthy scratches to use. Wilson barely scratched the surface of his potential this year and the only person holding him back from reaching that potential is Colin Wilson himself...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote