HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard

Old
06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Sounds to me like Gauthier may have his goalies for Hamilton in Aaron Dell and Chris Rawlings.Then get Mathieu Garon for Price's backup and goalies are locked down for the next few years.
Why would he not sign McIntyre? Sanford, well pretty understandable due to his last injuries....but McIntyre? As far as Dell, I have no problem with him and was on my wishlist for a number of years. Rawlings? Well here's another one I watched closely and found him more raw than Dell. Not saying he won't do it, but I don't we are there yet as far as he's concerned.

As far as Garon is concerned, for me that's a gimme. But until proven otherwise, and even if I'M going to be criticized for the next comment I'm about to make.....I don't see Gauthier getting a franco to support Carey. Then, not only blaming the GM for not doing it if he doesn't do it, but he might just be afraid of the attention that it can create on the job if Garon, for example, is having a terrific sequence while Carey isn't it...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would he not sign McIntyre? Sanford, well pretty understandable due to his last injuries....but McIntyre? As far as Dell, I have no problem with him and was on my wishlist for a number of years. Rawlings? Well here's another one I watched closely and found him more raw than Dell. Not saying he won't do it, but I don't we are there yet as far as he's concerned.

As far as Garon is concerned, for me that's a gimme. But until proven otherwise, and even if I'M going to be criticized for the next comment I'm about to make.....I don't see Gauthier getting a franco to support Carey. Then, not only blaming the GM for not doing it if he doesn't do it, but he might just be afraid of the attention that it can create on the job if Garon, for example, is having a terrific sequence while Carey isn't it...
Agree, We need a capable backup. If not Garon i would be fine with Auld or any other older backups to keep on mentoring price.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:23 PM
habsfanwpg27*

All_Habs All Habs (Canadiens)
Good to see Kirk Muller on the Brossard ice in #Canadiens warmups directing practise. #gohabsgo

still there for the mo...

habsfanwpg27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Just to clarify......NCAA prospects can attend as many camps as they like. The problem for them is, they have to pay for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Combined with conflicting summer courses and early fall semesters it is very difficult for these kids to attend both camps.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:36 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Just to clarify......NCAA prospects can attend as many camps as they like. The problem for them is, they have to pay for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Combined with conflicting summer courses and early fall semesters it is very difficult for these kids to attend both camps.
I think that technically they can only attend one camp, at their own expense as mentioned, but NHL teams get around the rule by calling the two sessions part of ONE camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Agree, We need a capable backup.
We had one last year. Kept us in most games he played in. What are chances we re-sign him?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Pretty sure they're taken care of by either other players or members of the organization. As for courses, probably, but it's not an issue to miss some lectures unless you're in Yale or Harvard.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:31 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
A lot of people think the Habs should draft a goalie this year (a decent one, not a Missaien or a Simila, which means a 3-4th round pick), but I wonder what the general opinion would be if we signed a guy like Dell or Mosher (or both) instead? Might be a good way to prevent having to waste a draft pick on one. We do need depth behind Price, but it's not a pressing need, so if you can get a "freebie" like one of those guys, I think we should jump at it...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
A lot of people think the Habs should draft a goalie this year (a decent one, not a Missaien or a Simila, which means a 3-4th round pick), but I wonder what the general opinion would be if we signed a guy like Dell or Mosher (or both) instead? Might be a good way to prevent having to waste a draft pick on one. We do need depth behind Price, but it's not a pressing need, so if you can get a "freebie" like one of those guys, I think we should jump at it...
Yeah it's quite easy to find a decent backup. If they draft a goaltender, it's because they think he'll be a starter at some point...not Price's backup.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I think that technically they can only attend one camp, at their own expense as mentioned, but NHL teams get around the rule by calling the two sessions part of ONE camp.

We had one last year. Kept us in most games he played in. What are chances we re-sign him?
Well Auld has a good relationship with price. So it should be a 1 year deal around what he got last year. Maybe less.

Old
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Pretty sure they're taken care of by either other players or members of the organization. As for courses, probably, but it's not an issue to miss some lectures unless you're in Yale or Harvard.
Nope.......it is strictly against NCAA regulations to accept any financial support or gifts from professional sports organisations.

Old
06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Nope.......it is strictly against NCAA regulations to accept any financial support or gifts from professional sports organisations.
Unless you are Cam Newton

Old
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
hickles46

So good to see some representation from the UK at a Habs camp!!!!

hickles46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Unless you are Cam Newton
Didn't Vick have to forfeit his Heisman because he circumvented NCAA regulations pertaining to this matter?

Old
06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Interesting. I wonder if the Habs players letting the kids bunk up in a guest house is considered financial support.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Rushtime

Nobody have a recap of today practice??

Rushtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Garon can't take the pressure which is why he played so well in Columbus,Ohio.He would be a great backup goalie,Dell,McIntyre and Rawlings would have quite the competition which is what good goalies do best.Costing the Habs no draft choices at the same time,perfect!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Didn't Vick have to forfeit his Heisman because he circumvented NCAA regulations pertaining to this matter?
Reggie Bush

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Wouldn't hurt to sign one of those guys, then look at the draft and pick up another potentially.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Why would these undrafted goaltenderd be "automatically" better than those taken in the late rounds? I have nothing against Dell and Mosher but I think it's a little bit too early to call them "decent goaltenders".

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Why would these undrafted goaltenderd be "automatically" better than those taken in the late rounds? I have nothing against Dell and Mosher but I think it's a little bit too early to call them "decent goaltenders".
Nobody's saying they'd be "automatically" better, I'm saying they'd at least possibly be comparable to them. If Burke can call the Leafs signing Bozak and Gustavsson akin to getting "extra first rounders", I don't think it's unreasonable to say guys like Mosher or Dell could be seen as picking up extra late round picks...goalie projections being what they are.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

are their any reports? anything?

Its in day 2 and i havent heard a word

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:45 AM
FrankMTL

Did they even have a practice yesterday? If it was just physicals, then it's normal not to have a report.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:46 AM
ROEN
HabsHQ

Allot of drills and what can only be described as skill analysis per a buddy who's there.

last year had Guy Boucher doing some of the on-ice work and it was allot of fun to see, this year is allot more low intensity.

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:47 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Why isn't Boucher there?

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Where's Chipchura?