HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lance et compte to expose the O'Byrne/Kostopoulos/Huet handbag

Old
06-06-2011, 06:42 AM
jamz

vCash: 500
Lance et compte to expose the O'Byrne/Kostopoulos/Huet handbag

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/telev...la-realite.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Presse
Dans la nuit du 11 au 12 février 2008, les joueurs du Canadien de Montréal Tom Kostopoulos et Ryan O'Byrne sont arrêtés et coffrés par la police de Tampa Bay pour une histoire de sac à main volé à une cliente dans un bar.

«La vraie histoire derrière cette affaire n'a jamais été racontée dans les médias. Mais ça s'insère très bien dans une série de fiction télévisée», lance l'auteur Réjean Tremblay, rayonnant sur le plateau de Lance et compte: la déchirure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough translation
On the night of February 11th 2008, Montreal Canadiens players Tom Kostopoulos and Ryan O'Byrne get arrested by the Tampa Bay police for allegedly stealing a woman's handbag at a bar.

"The real story was never told in the medias. But it fits well in a television series", throws Réjean Tremblay, beaming on the set of Lance et compte: la déchirure...

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:59 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Darkest Day in National's history?

I watched the latest Lance et Compte movie on the plane last month. Well, half of it ; I stoppedas it was absolutely terrible (especially as I had just watched King's Speech, great film imho).

I guess most of whatever gets out of Tremblay's brain is terrible to begin with.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 07:13 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Yeah I doubt Donald Beauchamp of all people would go around telling that stuff

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
neofury*

http://www.ehow.com/how_2041982_avoi...-blogging.html

For all the posters here who need help in this department.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Etienne

Even if Tremblay really does know what happened, what will be in lance et compte will be twice removed from reality. Once because Tremblay is a huge drama queen who can see betrayal and injustice while looking at a cooking recipe. Twice because it will be written for a (bad) TV series, so emotional manipulation is in order. Since I like La Presse better than JdeM, I've been hoping him jumping ship to Quebecor's brain dead newspaper ever since he started working for TVA. Mathia Brunet isn't getting the space he deserves.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
http://www.ehow.com/how_2041982_avoi...-blogging.html

For all the posters here who need help in this department.
Thanks Neo.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

FatMan doesn't even know what happen, but he's right, it's great drama for some crappy TV show.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 11:05 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I could of sworn we heard it was a vid or pics of Huet doing something, but hes married... So they stole to purse to delete the pictures. Anyone else have a vague memory of that?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Damn I hate this guy.

He's not even trying anymore. The original Lance & Compte was good but the new iterations are completely terrible. It's not even about hockey anymore, it's about who's going to die next episode because everybody knows the hockey world has a murderous underground entrenched with drama.

Lambert's son kills a player on the ice every two episodes but is the captain of the team and he ends up overcoming the odds and winning the Stanley Cup.

I know it's not that ridiculous, but I'm not far off. And now to speculate on a real-life event just adds to the pity that is Lance & Compte today.

Anyhow, if you want to be journalists guys, just do like Rejaune: Establish yourself by being allowed inside the Canadiens' operations; majorly mess up and cry like a baby when your access to the team is removed; bash your local team on everything, remain silent when they address your complaints; write sensationalist BS for 364 days a year but then write an award-winning article on amateur sports to keep your standing and make sure you don't get fired; ???; profit.

Seriously, what a ******.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Haven't seen much Montreal media BS over the past year as the only thing I did was watch a Habs game when I could.

Nice to see Fatso hasn't changed. <3

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Yeah. That's what that supposed had happened. O'B and Kosto took the ladie's purse to get the phone and erase the photos.
apparently the reason why Mrs Huet wanted him out of Montreal.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

The old Lance et Compte were good, heck I admit I even liked the first recent seasons (with the crazy ***** that made a player kill himself).

However since 5 years or so I think age has caught up to Tremblay, he doesn't look like he cares much about hockey anymore, he's more interested in french-speaking related stuff and politics. His TV work and journalism have greatly suffered from it.

Was it the last season that was basically Marina Orsini having cancer the whole time ? Man it was bad.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Damn I hate this guy.

He's not even trying anymore. The original Lance & Compte was good but the new iterations are completely terrible. It's not even about hockey anymore, it's about who's going to die next episode because everybody knows the hockey world has a murderous underground entrenched with drama.

Lambert's son kills a player on the ice every two episodes but is the captain of the team and he ends up overcoming the odds and winning the Stanley Cup.

I know it's not that ridiculous, but I'm not far off. And now to speculate on a real-life event just adds to the pity that is Lance & Compte today.

Anyhow, if you want to be journalists guys, just do like Rejaune: Establish yourself by being allowed inside the Canadiens' operations; majorly mess up and cry like a baby when your access to the team is removed; bash your local team on everything, remain silent when they address your complaints; write sensationalist BS for 364 days a year but then write an award-winning article on amateur sports to keep your standing and make sure you don't get fired; ???; profit.

Seriously, what a ******.

Yup.

What I think of the man: http://www.lecollectif.ca/2010/11/29...nce-du-quebec/

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
This sounds like something I would've written lol. Great work, love the last paragraph.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
apparently the reason why Mrs Huet wanted him out of Montreal.
Would have been pretty ironic if they traded him to Tampa

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Unless you can provide a credible link. Posting things you've heard or read, can be considered "Libel", and are not allowed here on HF.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote