HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Stafford contract/Brandon Dubinsky wants $4.5M per

Old
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Brooks being Brooks .

And then you guys yell at me when I doubt what LB says
he didn't say that the # was wrong just that his camp wasn't the one that leaked it...meaning the rangers are the ones that leaked it and slats is the one negotiating thru the media. which is what i think the entire article is.

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
he didn't say that the # was wrong just that his camp wasn't the one that leaked it...meaning the rangers are the ones that leaked it and slats is the one negotiating thru the media. which is what i think the entire article is.
Yea I apologize I jumped to conclusions as well, I wish that someone would have missed that...dammit

06-05-2011, 07:43 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Brooks made that figure up? How do we know that? Simply because Jesse Spector reports that no one from Dubinsky's camp leaked that information, that means that the figure is incorrect and fabricated? Way to jump to conclusions.
exactly. they didn't say the number was wrong, just that they didn't say it. very possible that dubi's agent asked for $4.5 mil from sather and then slats told brooks

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:47 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Just gonna steer this back on track...

So, how about Dubinsky asking for 4.5M, huh? Kinda crazy, amirite?
Totally man, it's wack.

Like a cat/dog hybrid.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Brooks being Brooks .

And then you guys yell at me when I doubt what LB says
Interesting that you use a non sequitur to prove your "point"

Even more interesting being the article wasnt written as if he spoke to Dubinsky's camp.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Interesting that you use a non sequitur to prove your "point"

Even more interesting being the article wasnt written as if he spoke to Dubinsky's camp.
Again, look up two posts above you just like HFP I jumped to conclusions out of excitement that the news was potentially false.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
Totally man, it's wack.

Like a cat/dog hybrid.
I's like a professional hockey player watching Glee.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I's like a professional hockey player watching Glee.
hahahahahhahahahaha cough *Stepan* cough

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Dubinsky wants 4.5??

Dubinsky isn't worth 4.5.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:06 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The people who say Dubinsky is overrated are the same people who either think top 6 forwards grow on trees OR 60 points isn't great for a second line player.

Dubi missed 5 games, played the entire second half of this season with an unhealed stress fracture hurting his most useful asset (his leg strength), didn't get to play a full season with Callahan, the guy he has the most chemistry with, yet STILL led this team in points.

4 million for 4+ years is FANTASTIC for Dubinsky.

So we package him for a 1st line LWer...who's our second line LWer? Carl Hagelin? Chris Kreider? Wojtek Wolski?

I really hope he gets to play with Brad Richards and then everyone starts to consider him as good as James Neal, because he definitely is.
No, they are the same people who are smart enough to realize that a top 6 forward shouldn't be paid as a top 3 forward simply because the team doesn't have any depth.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
No, they are the same people who are smart enough to realize that a top 6 forward shouldn't be paid as a top 3 forward simply because the team doesn't have any depth.
Since when is 4 million dollars top 3 forward money?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...gHDKAoOrcXdmSN

I'm surprised the asking price is 4.5M. I expected higher. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a tad under 4, like Staal.
this article is from almost two years ago. seriously.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 09:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
this article is from almost two years ago. seriously.
Right, because the guy you quoted was discussing Dubinsky's agent and the negotiation two years ago. Seriously.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'd give him $4.5M in his UFA years.
$3M $3M $3.5M $3.5M $4.5M $4.5M
Not sure what the year structure is like for him but you get the point.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Don't know what the big fuss is. $4.5 per for a long term deal would be a heist. David Backes, a comparable player, signed a 5 year, $22.5 million extension with a cap hit of, you guessed it, $4.5 million.

5-6 years, $4.5 million a year, buys 3-4 of Dubi's UFA years. Get it done.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 10:42 PM
XLJ

Brooks info is kind of incomplete. How many years is Dubi looking for? If they are looking at 4.5 million, how many of his UFA years will he be giving up?

I'm sure Brooks probably got his info from someone in the rangers front office. Most of this is just negotiating. Dubinsky camp will be looking at 4.5 million and Sather will be probably starting around 3.5 million. They will eventually find some middle ground.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 05:55 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Dubinsky wants 4.5??

Dubinsky isn't worth 4.5.
It's called a negotiation. Don't you think Sather would love to sign him for 3-3.5? Should we vilify him for that too? The number will be somewhere between the two.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:06 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
So I expect this to take a while, but when itís over, the Rangers will have Dubinsky and Dubinsky will have $4M per or so. And it has nothing to do with greed. This is pro sports. Thatís the way it works. Period. Brian Leetch had to use his leverage to get is deal done, with a no-trade clause. Mark Messier used his leverage a few times. Heck, even Adam Graves had to stick to his guns to get the money his agent knew he deserved.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/0...gers+Report%29

Dubinsky should be signed by mid to late July depending upon when his arbitration hearing is scheduled.

Leetch hammered the Rangers in 1999. He was still pissed at Messier leaving and took every penny from the Rangers. The Rangers signed Leetch to a 7 year deal worth $20M in 1992. Leetch got the NTC in the 1999 deal but then Sather wouldn't give him a NTC in 2003.

Messier always used his leverage.

Graves not so much. Neil Smith had a good relationship with Rick Curran who represented Graves. The Rangers tore up Graves original contract with 2 years remaining and gave him a new deal for more money. Then the Rangers took care of Graves again when he was going to be a free agent.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:15 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/0...gers+Report%29

Dubinsky should be signed by mid to late July depending upon when his arbitration hearing is scheduled.

Leetch hammered the Rangers in 1999. He was still pissed at Messier leaving and took every penny from the Rangers. The Rangers signed Leetch to a 7 year deal worth $20M in 1992. Leetch got the NTC in the 1999 deal but then Sather wouldn't give him a NTC in 2003.

Messier always used his leverage.

Graves not so much. Neil Smith had a good relationship with Rick Curran who represented Graves. The Rangers tore up Graves original contract with 2 years remaining and gave him a new deal for more money. Then the Rangers took care of Graves again when he was going to be a free agent.
Thank you. I don't get this attitude that every player should be kissing Sather's pinky ring for the right to play for the Rangers, while accepting whatever table scraps are thrown his way.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

These guys are going to clean us out, and we'll still have a mediocre team that can't get out of the first round haha

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
These guys are going to clean us out, and we'll still have a mediocre team that can't get out of the first round haha
Dubinsky and Callahan's contract demands are the least of this team's problems.

Old
06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Brooks info is kind of incomplete. How many years is Dubi looking for? If they are looking at 4.5 million, how many of his UFA years will he be giving up?

I'm sure Brooks probably got his info from someone in the rangers front office. Most of this is just negotiating. Dubinsky camp will be looking at 4.5 million and Sather will be probably starting around 3.5 million. They will eventually find some middle ground.
Exactly.

That's how negotiations work.

And if they don't figure it out, a third party arbitrator will figure it out for them.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

Brooks reported on the information that was provided to him, information that seemingly has not made its way to any other Rangers beat reporter. Its pretty obvious this came from the Rangers front-office, and even more obvious that they wouldnt dilvulge anything more during an ongoing negotiation.

You call Brooks' information complete, yet hes the only one with any information at all.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

They don't want a 3rd party to figure it out for them. Dubinsky wants the security of a guaranteed long term deal and the Rangers don't want to go year to year with Dubinsky which could be more expensive than a long term deal. The Rangers elect the term of the award. 1 year or 2 years. It can only be 1 if the player is one year away from group III. Dubinsky is two years away. A 2 year award takes Dubinsky right to group III if the age of group III stays 27 in the next CBA. One year finds the Rangers and Dubinsky in the same spot. Dubinsky could get hurt. Rangers sign Richards and Dubinsky puts up 35+ goals next season,the Rangers are screwed. Long term contract is in both sides best interests.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Brooks reported on the information that was provided to him, information that seemingly has not made its way to any other Rangers beat reporter. Its pretty obvious this came from the Rangers front-office, and even more obvious that they wouldnt dilvulge anything more during an ongoing negotiation.

You call Brooks' information complete, yet hes the only one with any information at all.
Yeah.

I don't see why everyone is getting so riled up with what Brooks' wrote; it could be true, and it could not be true, but he's the only person to have released any information regarding what Dubinsky is seeking on his next contract.

Do I think he is actually looking for $4.5MM? No. I think he's using negotiation tactics 1.0. But, I don't see the need to bash Brooks, even if the reported information turns out to be false. That man is just doing his job.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote