HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF: Boston Bruins (3) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1) (Part 3)

View Poll Results: Series Outcome
Vancouver in 4 48 16.49%
Vancouver in 5 118 40.55%
Vancouver in 6 51 17.53%
Vancouver in 7 6 2.06%
Boston in 5 4 1.37%
Boston in 6 30 10.31%
Boston in 7 34 11.68%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 04:19 AM
hockeywoot

vCash: 500
I guess the Canucks will win in 5 now instead of 4. LOLZ
Seriously, people are delusional if they thought the Nucks would sweep the Bruins.

Game was lost in the second.
Thomas=Good.
Canucks' PP= Bad. (0 for 8, with 2 SHG against. UGGH)

A loss is a loss.
4-0,5-1, 8-1.
Series is 2-1 irregardless.

Looks like AV will HAVE TO put Ballard in........(Well, there is Tanev)

Old
06-07-2011, 04:31 AM
CDCrefugee

I thought they would lose this one or the next one for sure, but to lose 8-1!?
wow What an ass kicking.
This is starting to remind me too much of the Chicago series...Do not want.
I'm still gonna stick with my nucks in 5 though. Hoping for a great bounce back the next game.

Good game Bruins, what a way to make your mark on a series.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Slashy McSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCrefugee View Post
Any fan with an ounce of passion for their team wouldn't go off saying they'd bet against them in a tied series. Make fun of me all you want for not liking you saying that about the team I've supported since I can remember. But that's how I feel.

You really are ****in Judas, careful if they lose on Wednesday, I don't want you breaking both your legs whilst jumping off the bandwagon...Remember tuck and roll!
I'm going to bet double now, just to make you cry.

Why did you leave CDC? You would fit right in there. Actual intelligent discussion about the sport is frowned upon - mindless cheering and panicked, uninformed ranting is rampant, and actively encouraged. You really should go back; it's more suited to your level of discourse. This place will just frighten and confuse you.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Slashy McSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCrefugee View Post
I thought they would lose this one or the next one for sure, but to lose 8-1!?
wow What an ass kicking.
This is starting to remind me too much of the Chicago series...Do not want.
I'm still gonna stick with my nucks in 5 though. Hoping for a great bounce back the next game.

Good game Bruins, what a way to make your mark on a series.
WHAT??? You thought your team would lose??? What kind of fan thinks his team will lose??? You should be ashamed of yourself. Obviously you aren't a real fan if you are picking your team to lose!!! No true Canuck fan expects his team to lose!! Don't hurt yourself falling off the bandwagon!!!

Old
06-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting stat (and yes Canucks fans I'm aware the series is 2-1):

Through 3 games, Boston has outscored Vancouver 10-5, led for 57:51 (compared to Vancouver's 17:02)

Old
06-07-2011, 05:57 AM
CDCrefugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Judas View Post
WHAT??? You thought your team would lose??? What kind of fan thinks his team will lose??? You should be ashamed of yourself. Obviously you aren't a real fan if you are picking your team to lose!!! No true Canuck fan expects his team to lose!! Don't hurt yourself falling off the bandwagon!!!
Read only 1 sentence. Reply to only the 1 sentence.

CDC is calling you.

Weak, can't even defend what you say without personally attacking someone. Then report them
Seems to me that CDC might be the place for you. Where any opinion discussed will turn into personal attacks and hair pulling.

You said you'd bet against your own team if it goes tied. I replied that i think it's kind of pathetic of you as a fan to say that. You respond by making fun of my user name/intelligence. I explain again how I feel about it. You respond again by making fun of my username/intelligence. I call you a tool and you report me. lol wow good work

Anyways I still disagree with you. You can have your opinion but I still think it's pretty weak to show almost no support for your team in a time where you should show the most support. What kind of "fan" does that!? I'm not going to question whether you're a canucks fan or not because you obviously are lol

Old
06-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Not the same. The CFL is the top gridiron football league in Canada just like the NFL is in the USA. Mind you the talent level is not the same but the CFL is not comparable to the AHL and other leagues like that.
It might not be comparable to the AHL, but it's not comparable to the NFL either.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Doyle

Bruins bury Canucks, 8-1; series deficit cut to 2-1

http://nhlhotstove.com/boston-bury-c...it-cut-to-2-1/

Old
06-07-2011, 06:03 AM
robdicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post

Through 3 games, Boston has outscored Vancouver 10-5, led for 57:51 (compared to Vancouver's 17:02)
Lolz its 2-1 nucks in 5 ftw!

Seriously that's an interesting stat. I actually thought vancouver would steamroll boston. Just didn't think boston had the offense. They need to close out the games they are winning though. I personally feel this thing is incredibly close. I don't think its going to be over in 5 like some are suggesting

Old
06-07-2011, 06:07 AM
5H4RK5

...................................Momentum shift. Someone wanted game 3 badly. I would distribute those goals evenly for a possible game 7 slugfest galore.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax4Life View Post
Am i the only happy Canuck fan around?

We traded Rome for Horton, Ill take that
Same here.

Rome's hit on Horton was 100% clean.
Horton has to keep his head up.

If Chara wasn't suspended for the Pacioretty shove to the turnbuckle, then you can't suspend Rome.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:12 AM
CDCrefugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Same here.

You're right but it's still hard to watch. Never wanna see a guy taken out of the rink on a stretcher. Hope he's ok.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:17 AM
robdicks

Quote:
Same here.

It was def. A cheapshot. Taking advantage of a guy in a vulnerable position and the hit was crazy late. Not suspension-worthy, but saying o I like the tradeoff of horton and rome is terrible. Horton gets taken off a stretcher and u guys are cheering? Pretty classless. Imagine the uproar if a bruins fan said something similar about maxpac.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Stubbs88

Two 1 goal wins> One 7 goal win.
I had the Bruins to win tonight, and then to lose the next two, but noone could have predicted the outcome. Still think the Nucks get it done on home ice in game 5.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdicks View Post
It was def. A cheapshot. Taking advantage of a guy in a vulnerable position and the hit was crazy late. Not suspension-worthy, but saying o I like the tradeoff of horton and rome is terrible. Horton gets taken off a stretcher and u guys are cheering? Pretty classless. Imagine the uproar if a bruins fan said something similar about maxpac.
Its crazy what a difference a decade makes. 10 years ago it was Eric Lindros' fault for his concussions because he skated with his head down. He was never considered a "guy in a vulnerable position." It was always "he needs to keep his head up if he doesn't want to get hurt."

I wonder how long Scott Stevens' career would have been if he started playing now instead of the 80's.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Old
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
robdicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Its crazy what a difference a decade makes. 10 years ago it was Eric Lindros' fault for his concussions because he skated with his head down. He was never considered a "guy in a vulnerable position." It was always "he needs to keep his head up if he doesn't want to get hurt."

I wonder how long Scott Stevens' career would have been if he started playing now instead of the 80's.
Truth is scott stevens' hits were not clean by todays standards. We have evolved in such a way that we now deem those hits unacceptable. I thiunk it is for the better tbh. Its a lot easier for Rome to let up there than it is for Horton to evade that hit without playing "scared".

Old
06-07-2011, 08:38 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post

Lindros had the puck when he'd get labeled. Horton didn't. Simple huge difference.

He should be looking out for himself better but the hit was late, high, and he jumped into it.

But if you're allowed to bite, then I guess everything is fair game

Old
06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Crystal Met

What you guys are still ********? Move on.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

Beautiful hit. Less than a second after Horton dished it, both feet on the ice at the point of contact, and all shoulder. Scott Stevens would be proud.

The interference call was bogus, but they had to pull something out of their ***** to call. If I watched the game over again I probably could count 10-20 later hits than the Rome one in that game.

The NHL is going IIHF soft with all of this suspending based on result. I won't be convinced that that hit wasn't fantastic by any of the seemingly more and more soft NHL fans and analysts today. It's the STANLEY CUP FINALS, you gotta keep your head up on a swivel with all the hitting going on in this series. I sincerely dislike both fan bases as well, so I'd like to think I'm fairly objective.

That said, I wish nothing but the best of luck to Horton and am hoping for as speedy a recovery as possible. Never like to see a player down on the ice like that.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Cowen Time

The simple question is, if Chara's hit does not warrant a suspension, why should Rome's hit?

And I'm happy with either team winning the cup, I just shake my head at the NHL's inconsistent standard coming back to bite them once again.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
vdublu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post

Take away last nights game and those numbers aren't even close.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:41 AM
neelyforpresident

Quote:
Same here.

If Chara wasn't suspended for the Pacioretty shove to the turnbuckle, then you can't suspend Rome.
Yea because the Pacioretty hit has so much in common with this hit. Let me ask you something, does the ******** affect your thinking? That was a hit to the head and ILLEGAL. Get over the Pacioretty hit, it has nothing to do with the series.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:44 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdublu View Post
Take away last nights game and those numbers aren't even close.
take away game one or two, and the series is even.

why would you manipulate stats like that though.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:44 AM
vdublu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
The simple question is, if Chara's hit does not warrant a suspension, why should Rome's hit?

And I'm happy with either team winning the cup, I just shake my head at the NHL's inconsistent standard coming back to bite them once again.
Agreed, the inconsistancy is brutul. The only reason I have issues with Rome being suspended is because guys like Chara and Ferrnce got away with their cheap shots, it's frustrating.

Closed Thread