HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ATL dispersal draft War room

Old
06-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Sunshine36616

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I thought you were a girl?

Or are you shopping in the Hillary Clinton Collection?
LOL, yeah, I'm a girl! We need interiew suits though!

Is that a "babe" avatar? I don't want to get banned before I get drafted lol

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
HeyYouGuys

Even though my team preferences aren't listed on the thread (they're in the scouting report though!), Nashville is one of my preferred teams as I'm considering several trips up to catch some games this season. Just sayin...

HeyYouGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quit showing that picture of me, Sunshine! You know how shy I am.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 05:59 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

So, like how do we follow this thing?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
So, like how do we follow this thing?
There is a GDT on the main forum. The picks are being made on the Mod board officially or by PM'img the commish. So far...

1) Dallas - Juzmo
2) Carolina - RoyalAir
3) Boston - AintLifeGrand
4) Los Angeles - BTN

Last edited by Seth Lake: 06-06-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Telfo to Anaheim at #5.

I hope one of our mods is planning on staying up late...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

So if I get traded will I know ahead of time? I'm not really sure how the trades are working and if you have to request a "NTC" or not. I'm not necessarily opposed so long as that stupid idea of banning a traded player from his or her original team forum isn't implemented

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Just to clarify, I was referring to various ailments suffered by our guys (and Jiri Fischer when we were playing his team...and unfortunately Zholtoc later on) in the past and not Kevin. Example: Lindback has Adult Onset Stills Disease and that's apparently how Poile got a dandy player with such a low draft pick. I just meant for Kevin to just mention some scary sounding names in passing...so we would get him without worrying about trading up. ;-)
Oh I figured that's what you meant. I was just adding to the joke. Not very well obviously.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:35 PM
markie8002000

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Telfo to Anaheim at #5.

I hope one of our mods is planning on staying up late...

Staying up late would be good... could be couple hours maybe.

markie8002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Oh I figured that's what you meant. I was just adding to the joke. Not very well obviously.
No, I knew you'd get it, but we have new posters.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:54 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...9/atlpreds.jpg

Here's the jersey I made without the animation. I saw the t-bird and it made a good background with the Pred. And come on, how could you not use the Atlanta Flame A?

If you put too many spices on the same dish, you won't taste any of them. (You also put the letter on the wrong side. ) If you want something that uses both logos, go for something a little less elaborate:

It tells you what's going on, and I've designed it in such a way that it can be tailored to the individual users. I just need to know who our mods are picking a few minutes in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So if I get traded will I know ahead of time? I'm not really sure how the trades are working and if you have to request a "NTC" or not. I'm not necessarily opposed so long as that stupid idea of banning a traded player from his or her original team forum isn't implemented
It won't be, this is all just for fun. But for the record, if I get traded, someone will be pulling TP off his roof. Just bear that in mind...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
If you put too many spices on the same dish, you won't taste any of them. (You also put the letter on the wrong side. ) If you want something that uses both logos, go for something a little less elaborate:

It tells you what's going on, and I've designed it in such a way that it can be tailored to the individual users. I just need to know who our mods are picking a few minutes in advance.

It won't be, this is all just for fun. But for the record, if I get traded, someone will be pulling TP off his roof. Just bear that in mind...
Oh I know, but I wanted to sort of take a shot at some of the people taking this VERY seriously over on the main board. Some people are just too into everything...

Old
06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quick update on the draft. Which ic going a hell of a lot slower than I thought...

1. Dallas---Juzmo
2. Carolina---RoyalAir
3. Boston---AintLifeGrand
4. Los Angeles---BTN
5. Anaheim (from Toronto)---Telfo
6. Detroit (From Montreal)---Chipper
7. NY Islanders---Duke49
8. Edmonton---Sunshine36616
9. Montreal(From Detroit)---BreakTheWallsDown
10. San Jose (from Philadelphia)---KevinOneel
11. Tampa Bay---ThrasherMinion
12. Phoenix---SilverRiver89
13. Vancouver---Dorncog
14. Calgary---Shameus
15. Chicago---DungeonK
16. Columbus---TasteOfFlames
17. Ottawa --- Ashe
18. Buffalo --- Atlantawhaler
19. New Jersey --- Rhodes81
20. Minnesota --- sabreality
21. St. Louis
22. Florida
23. Nashville
24. Colorado
25. Philadelphia (from San Jose)
26. Washington
27. NY Rangers
28. Pittsburgh
29. Toronto (from Anaheim)

And the supplemental round for the 9 smallest post counts....
30. Chicago
31. Ottawa
32. St. Louis
33. Calgary
34. Dallas
35. Nashville
36. Tampa Bay
37. Carolina
38. Phoenix
39. Toronto (from Anaheim)
40. Florida

Lot of talent left to draft. I can tell you that there is about 15 guys I was looking at and there is 11 picks to go. We might have two fans are 1st rd. level after this draft if there are enough reaches.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 06-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:21 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Wow, I swear your only purpose in life is to give me ****. It gets to a point where I have to ask, 'Did I get a real diamond for the wedding ring?' 'Was the honeymoon in Vegas or Hawaii?' 'Did I get an alimony agreement?'

Old
06-07-2011, 08:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I think you missd Vancouver picking dorncog at 13 late last night.

not my show to run but I think there should have been a time limit. if you miss it, the next GM picks. if you are passed you can jump back in but otherwise this is gonna take about 4 days, I suspect...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:34 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think you missd Vancouver picking dorncog at 13 late last night.

not my show to run but I think there should have been a time limit. if you miss it, the next GM picks. if you are passed you can jump back in but otherwise this is gonna take about 4 days, I suspect...
Yeah. But it's picking up. I think 20-25 picks will get done. And the draft is non-binding so no worries in 2 months after the Thrasher fans try the other guys they will come for the good stuff.

Old
06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
KevFist
is best pony

It's kinda hard to do a time limit on message boards for things like this due to real life interference. then again, this is the first time we've ever done anything like this, so the whole thing is a learning process.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:17 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
It's kinda hard to do a time limit on message boards for things like this due to real life interference. then again, this is the first time we've ever done anything like this, so the whole thing is a learning process.
Teams needs several representatives then. I know it could get confusing, but it'd be a hell of a lot easier figuring out a way to make it work with several reps per team rather than trying to figure out a way to avoid life issues.

Each team has four or five reps, with each having a rank. If the highest ranking member isn't available then the pick will go to the next highest ranking members and so on. Trades must be done before a team is on the clock.

Old
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
I guess the other option would have been to submit a rank list and when your turn came up you got whoever whas highest on your list...

but I suppose thats a little late now, huh??

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Teams needs several representatives then. I know it could get confusing, but it'd be a hell of a lot easier figuring out a way to make it work with several reps per team rather than trying to figure out a way to avoid life issues.
Some teams did in fact prepare for this. I was one of the emergency reps for Columbus if DSL happened to be unavailable.

Quote:
Trades must be done before a team is on the clock.
This is problematic because trades may be dependent on whomever just got drafted. If you're trading up to get SuperPoster1123 and he gets drafted with the pick just before the one you're trading for, that kind of kills the deal, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I guess the other option would have been to submit a rank list and when your turn came up you got whoever whas highest on your list...

but I suppose thats a little late now, huh??
Again, some teams did this as well. We had a rank list, and the rep was basically available just in case they all were drafted before our number came up.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Some teams did in fact prepare for this. I was one of the emergency reps for Columbus if DSL happened to be unavailable.

This is problematic because trades may be dependent on whomever just got drafted. If you're trading up to get SuperPoster1123 and he gets drafted with the pick just before the one you're trading for, that kind of kills the deal, no?

Again, some teams did this as well. We had a rank list, and the rep was basically available just in case they all were drafted before our number came up.
You know, I would agree if this weren't just for fun, but it is. We're just "drafting" a poster here. Taking it too seriously by sitting around for an hour trying to make a "trade" zaps all of the fun from it. The difference between getting one poster or another is marginal at best. If you don't like the new guy, ignore him or her.

With that said, maybe we should just take the trades out of it all together. All it seemed to do was make certain mods feel like they were actually GMs, and as soon as they started treating this like serious business it lost the initial fun factor. This is what happens when some level headed people try to unleash fun on HF Boards. Some folks just have to ruin it for everyone else.

(of course, I hope we don't need another dispersal draft so hopefully there is no trial and error situation)

Old
06-07-2011, 10:38 AM
thomas magnum

Will you guys just hurry up and pick me already? I'm ranked 35th. We all know I'm not on anyone's radar. Let's get this over with.

I'll buy a beer for whatever person announces my name at the first Preds game I attend.

There are no violations against bribing teams to draft you right? How about a draft for a draft?

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Will you guys just hurry up and pick me already? I'm ranked 35th. We all know I'm not on anyone's radar. Let's get this over with.

I'll buy a beer for whatever person announces my name at the first Preds game I attend.

There are no violations against bribing teams to draft you right? How about a draft for a draft?
Just remove yourself from the draft and come aboard on a tryout contract No beer necessary

Old
06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Just remove yourself from the draft and come aboard on a tryout contract No beer necessary
Well that might not be a bad idea but I'm kinda interested to see how this all pans out. Maybe I'll just buy you a beer when we hit the strip after the game? I saw the best cover band I've ever seen in my life down there when we came up for the Thrashers game during the snow storm a couple years ago. I also supposedly stole some girls cab but I was so drunk I didn't even notice.

I'm not selling myself too well am I?

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Well that might not be a bad idea but I'm kinda interested to see how this all pans out. Maybe I'll just buy you a beer when we hit the strip after the game? I saw the best cover band I've ever seen in my life down there when we came up for the Thrashers game during the snow storm a couple years ago. I also supposedly stole some girls cab but I was so drunk I didn't even notice. I'm not selling myself too well am I?
You will quickly discover alcohol is a common theme here

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote