HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta Fan Dispersal Draft starts today at 6:45pm (EST)

Old
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Wings board eh?

I'm ready to go in coach, just give me a chance!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Chipper is doing his time in detroit and heading right on over here when he's done. Take what you can and run.
Hopefully, but that's not a certainty. He said earlier on (I think it was in this thread, maybe the main board one) that he was going to try and stick with whoever drafted him and it seems he already liked the Wings. If we can get him, that'd be great but it may not be possible.

If we still want to pick up another fan but at a probable lower cost than what it'd take to get chipper then manifestodestiny is still available. He/she made a list of all the teams and split them up into groups that they did/didn't want to go to. MD put the Habs in the top section called "please give me the long term contract" and said of Montreal: "J'adore les Habs, donc j'ai appris un peu de langue."

Boston ended up in a group called "ambivalent" and commented "Bruins: I like their team, but I've always rooted against them against my die-hard Boston sports friends." Could fit right in here. MD is also "unwilling to report" to Toronto.

So, a quick recap: Loves the Habs, speaks some French, has always rooted against the Bruins and has no interest in the Leafs. Doesn't have a high post count so may slip under the radar of some teams. Surely, if we are looking to get another pick, this has to be a person of interest? And it is unlikely we'd have to give up as much as we would for chipper who may well be happy where he is.

What do people think? Worth a punt?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Hopefully, but that's not a certainty. He said earlier on (I think it was in this thread, maybe the main board one) that he was going to try and stick with whoever drafted him and it seems he already liked the Wings. If we can get him, that'd be great but it may not be possible.

If we still want to pick up another fan but at a probable lower cost than what it'd take to get chipper then manifestodestiny is still available. He/she made a list of all the teams and split them up into groups that they did/didn't want to go to. MD put the Habs in the top section called "please give me the long term contract" and said of Montreal: "J'adore les Habs, donc j'ai appris un peu de langue."

Boston ended up in a group called "ambivalent" and commented "Bruins: I like their team, but I've always rooted against them against my die-hard Boston sports friends." Could fit right in here. MD is also "unwilling to report" to Toronto.

So, a quick recap: Loves the Habs, speaks some French, has always rooted against the Bruins and has no interest in the Leafs. Doesn't have a high post count so may slip under the radar of some teams. Surely, if we are looking to get another pick, this has to be a person of interest? And it is unlikely we'd have to give up as much as we would for chipper who may well be happy where he is.

What do people think? Worth a punt?
Definately. They sound like one of us already

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Iwishihadacup

_I miss Pyretta

what a dumb dumb trade taht was ....

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Just so people know, it seems the draft has started up again. I had no idea it was going to restart so early.

Are we done or are we still looking for new posting talent? Does anyone know? Is anyone around to hear?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
That kid we got was a total bust, I agree

Old
06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Dude it's just two months, relax! She can still post here whenever she wants, it's just a message board!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Just so people know, it seems the draft has started up again. I had no idea it was going to restart so early.

Are we done or are we still looking for new posting talent? Does anyone know? Is anyone around to hear?
Think we had another pick, but it got involved in the Jeffler trade, so we're done as far as I know. Can't say I'm upset about the trade so far either, lol.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
neofury*

Quote:

I've got some sources that are telling me a few quality posters went undrafted? More details to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Dude it's just two months, relax! She can still post here whenever she wants, it's just a message board!
Dude I don't think you take this stuff seriously enough. You're right it's a message board. Therefore take it seriously or gtfo! If you want to come here and make dick and fart jokes and not contribute in any way shape or form then go to The Lounge, they're looking for people like you.

Just kidding of course

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
chipper
Thrashers forever

Send a message via AIM to chipper
Well, on the bright side of things, Montreal can be my Eastern team.

(Which is good, considering I live in the East and all.)

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Well, on the bright side of things, Montreal can be my Eastern team.

(Which is good, considering I live in the East and all.)
Damn right. I can always use some assistance reppin' the ATL over here in hab-land.

BreakTheWallsDown is offline   Reply With Quote